JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gents:

The pistol in question was a Remington 51 on Keith's used gun table. The Remington 51 was a pocket pistol first produced around 1918 or so. This particular example had the gentleman's name engraved on the slide. I last saw it today around 11:00 AM.

Gents:

The pistol in question was a Remington 51 on Keith's used gun table. The Remington 51 was a pocket pistol first produced around 1918 or so. This particular example had the gentleman's name engraved on the slide. I last saw it today around 11:00 AM.

Okay this gets stranger and stranger... I thought Keiths SOLD that gun to someone else??? Why is it BACK on his table if someone else bought it from him and he supposedly refused to contact the buyer to get it back??? :confused:

An outright lie? The attitude I can deal with, this kind of dirtbaggery on the other hand will mean the end of my doing business with Keiths. :angry:

Anyone see how much Keiths wanted for it?

Here is the latest information I have:

The gun was sold to Keith the first week of July with several other guns in the collection. Keith DID hold the gun so the seller could be sure she wanted to part with it. He finally was told that it was not wanted by the seller, and he placed it in the case and it sold very quickly. Keith advised us that the gun was not worth anything and could not be transfered back into California, (this isformation is untrue).

We called Keith on July 6th and he advised that the gun had sold and he WOULD NOT contact the buyer. We offered to pay the buyer more than they paid for the gun nut Keith would not help.

This gun, (I believe was a .32 auto), was engraved with my grandfathers name. The best we can find is he bought or was given it shortly after leaving the police force.

I understand that the gun was sold to Keith for $75.00 and Keith sold it for $150.00. I DO NOT deny that Keith needs to profit from this situation as well as the new buyer, however Keith will not put the buyer intouch with us.

This gun has great centamental value to the gun colectors in the family.

Thanks again for your help.
Don

Don:

At the Portland gunshow today there was a Remington pistol on the used gun table with the name W. A. Hall engraved on the left side of the slide.....I think they were asking $350 for it.....

Hmmmmmm... I'm wondering if he never "really" sold it at all OR he did sell it for the $150 mentioned and then got it back and is now trying to re-sell it for even more than he originally let it go for??

Either way, to keep that sort of thing to himself when he KNOWS that family members want to get it back and are willing to pay for his troubles really smells. No way would I ever do business with and Ay-whole like that. :s0154:

Don:

At the Portland gunshow today there was a Remington pistol on the used gun table with the name W. A. Hall engraved on the left side of the slide.....I think they were asking $350 for it.....

Gents:

Thank you for the information and the phone call. I have already sent my FFL an e-mail and will call him and Keith on Monday morning to see if something can be worked out. I will advise once I know more.

Again Thanks,
Don

Or just go out to Gresham and buy the thing and resell it to the OP to set things right (through a California FFL of course). It doesn't punish Keith's for his handling of the situation, but the point here (I think) is to return a valuable family heirloom to the family, not to punish Keith's.

Can't someone in PDX help out with this?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top