JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Direct it at me and not Trlsmn if it helps. I have no problems speaking out against the practices of Keith or his employees. If most of you overheard one single condescending conversation he has with local law enforcement regarding his own customers you would probably never set foot in his store.

It wasn't directed at any body. Just some thoughts about the situation. If anyone took offense then mabye they should step back and take a deep breath..........I am not trying to cause trouble. I tend not to miss the point much. I get the issue you are trying to present is Keith not getting in contact with the person who bought the firearm. Enough said good luck in trying to find your handgun.

OP- If you haven't already: Go to many gun/outdoor forums and start posting. Also try craigslist. An add in the newspapers. Biggest thing getting the news out. Calling different gun clubs. Good luck!

you would think with all this chatter about this particular situation,that keiths would take a close look at this situation and try to resolve it for don,this could be a good business move for keith too,unfortunately he has alienated alot of people already,and this does not help him,but if he could help out,it may win him some customers back,just my thoughts,very sorry to hear about the loss,and hope it turns up

ALL I WANT IS THE GUN BACK FROM WHOEVER BOUGHT IT, AND I WILL MAKE IT FINANCIALLY WORTH WHILE FOR THE TROUBLE!!!!!

Donald[/QUOTE]

Have you considered making it financially worth while to Keith in return for his cooperation? Just a thought. Pay him for his time and effort in your behalf. Most business people can be motivated in that manner.

Have you considered making it financially worth while to Keith in return for his cooperation? Just a thought. Pay him for his time and effort in your behalf. Most business people can be motivated in that manner.[/QUOTE]

Keith would not even talk to us after the gun got sold, thanks in large part to my family. I may look into ads in the paper or other forums.

Have you considered making it financially worth while to Keith in return for his cooperation? Just a thought. Pay him for his time and effort in your behalf. Most business people can be motivated in that manner.

Keith would not even talk to us after the gun got sold, thanks in large part to my family. I may look into ads in the paper or other forums.[/QUOTE]

It drives me crazy that people treat gun dealers like they are little gods, sitting on thrones. I keep seeing comments like "if you ask him nicely", etc. He provides a product. His product is no more, no less, better than other gun dealers. What set one retailer apart from other retailers, is customer service. This guy would like Keith to provide a service, not to donate a kidney. If he is unwilling to help out a customer, heck with him. Enough other dealers sell guns. It's your money. Give it to someone that appreciates your business. In today's retail climate, the retailer should be bending over backwards, not the customer. I sincerely hope you can track down your gun. And never give Keith's another dime of your money.

People who buy one gun from a store tend to buy others from that same store. Have you tried requesting permission to put a flier up somewhere conspicuous? Or even seeing if Keith would pass on the information if/when the person next walks in the store? They may have strict rules against using their sales records to contact buyers but perhaps a more passive, "hey, remember that gun you bought for $150?" when they recognize the buyer walking through the door might be acceptable.

It is pretty simple. I cannot think of one reason a person would be offended by something like this. I know I would not mind at all if I had been the one to buy it. There is only one problem...and it is a big unfriendly one. Keith.

Perhaps because there will be another transaction where Keith will not be involved in making any money. I bet if Keith could buy the gun from the owner then re-sell it to Donald he would not mind. Sounds like Keith would be doing work for free to make a customer happy who will probably never buy again.

I don't know Keith but that thought ran across my mind.

Perhaps because there will be another transaction where Keith will not be involved in making any money. I bet if Keith could buy the gun from the owner then re-sell it to Donald he would not mind. Sounds like Keith would be doing work for free to make a customer happy who will probably never buy again.

I don't know Keith but that thought ran across my mind.
If that was the case I would definitely never buy a single item from keith. That would be the epitome of poor service and greed.

Please do not take this wrong and you should not NEED to spend $$, however, if you really want to get this back, and it is important to you...well money talks.
Time is money to a businessman, so offer Keith some cash for his time and perhaps he will at least forward your information to the party who bought it. Worth a try, don't you think?

Don:

At the Portland gunshow today there was a Remington pistol on the used gun table with the name W. A. Hall engraved on the left side of the slide.....I think they were asking $350 for it.....

IF that is the one, were you able to get some contact info on the seller?? Sure would be sweet if this site's membership could facilitate a "family reunion" of sorts. :s0155:

IF that is the one, were you able to get some contact info on the seller?? Sure would be sweet if this site's membership could facilitate a "family reunion" of sorts. :s0155:

What Remington pistol do you know of other than a 1911A1 and do you think you would see one for $350?

I suspect one of two things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads