JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To anyony that buy's from kieth, does this tell you about the man? Seemshe has known all along but wont help out.
Tells alot about his morals. Not a guy I want to deal with.

No, they said it was Keith's business now and us guys would have to wait till Friday.

Ammoman, what did you understand that to mean? This is a matter that Keith has to deal with himself? And he's out of the shop until then? The gun is out of the shop until then? He's not willing to deal with the issue until Friday?

If someone walked in and said, "I'm interested in a .32 auto Remington pistol. Got any?" what would they say?

Thank you all for your continued support. I will give Keith a call as I was told on monday, I may try friday as posted here and see if he is available.

I have spoken to my local FFL and he is waiting for me to give him direction on where the gun is comming from and who to send his info to.

Again, I do not want to bash Keith or Keith's Sporting Goods, I just want my grandfather's gun back into my family.

This transaction MUST be fully legal and in compliance with Oregon and California laws. I have been advised that a transfer to my FFL from a dealer or private individual are both acceptable and the transfer of the gun into California should not be a problem based on the information I have now.

I can not express my thanks enough.

Don

I'm free this weekend if anyone wants to stage a walk-in/sit-in. I mean really, I just don't get it. Why the stonewall? Is there more to the story? :confused:

My only conclusion from the info presented here is Keith's an a-hole.

This thread makes me sick to my stomach. I have bought several guns from Keiths shop from the late 90's all the way up to 2003 (before the deployments and before I moved to WA). I have turned several guys over the years to his shop and feel sick for having done so. The rotting stench in my gut coming from reading about his integrity is similar to having found out I had kissed my sister in the closet when I was kid. I don't have a sister but the feeling is the same.

Sickening. I am sorry I ever bought firearms from this guy.

Yes I hope he (keith) reads this and if he wishes to contact me, please PM me if he has the fortitude to do so. Family heirlooms are 10x their value.

If there is a collection being taken to help out let me know, I would be willing to donate to this cause!

SF-

This thread makes me sick to my stomach. I have bought several guns from Keiths shop from the late 90's all the way up to 2003 (before the deployments and before I moved to WA). I have turned several guys over the years to his shop and feel sick for having done so. The rotting stench in my gut coming from reading about his integrity is similar to having found out I had kissed my sister in the closet when I was kid. I don't have a sister but the feeling is the same.

Sickening. I am sorry I ever bought firearms from this guy.

Yes I hope he (keith) reads this and if he wishes to contact me, please PM me if he has the fortitude to do so. Family heirlooms are 10x their value.

If there is a collection being taken to help out let me know, I would be willing to donate to this cause!

SF-

I think the OP really didn't want to turn this into a bashing thread, he just wanted his gun back. It is unfortunate but keep in mind that there may be other forces at work here we don't know about.

I think the OP really didn't want to turn this into a bashing thread, he just wanted his gun back. It is unfortunate but keep in mind that there may be other forces at work here we don't know about.

True, but regarding the "bashing", if it smells like, and farts like, then it must be... :bash:

I posted this at FMA forum. I hope that you get this back, people that sell family heirlooms need to be kicked in the...................:complain:

I concur.

Also, if I was a gun shop owner, I would be hesitant to even ask the new owner at all. Perhaps I would contact the new owner, if I was the seller, but I would not give the previous owner the new owner's information. I would never, ever do that. The previous owner could easily use this as an opportunity to gain information on the new owner. Unacceptable.

I don't see why they would keep readily accessed records that are so personal if they're making legitimate transactions. Honestly, if somebody sold me a weapon and then called me about it. I would be extremely skeptical about doing business with them again, and I would feel as if my privacy was breached as well. I expect a mutual agreement that privacy is respected after any firearms purchase.

I used to work at Anderson's Sporting Goods at the gun counter, in Corvallis on 3rd street, back in the day and we had a similar situation but it was a bolt action single shot Winchester, a 1906 built rifle can't remeber the exact model but I want to say Model 66 (but don't quote me on that) an old lady sold to the store. Some guy comes in three weeks later explaining how that rifle was given to his grandfather by his great grandfather and how it brought dinner to the table during the depression (the 1929 one) and how is own father first learn to shoot with it as did he.

I went to the big yellow book that recorded all transfers in and out of the store. Confirm that it did sell and not some employee "lay-a-way" hidden in the back. Took the guys info and told him all I could do was relay his story and contact info and no promises about anything.

The manager thought it was the right thing to do so I got the go ahead to contact the buyer and after finding the 4473, called the buyer and explained the situation. All he did was oil the stock and stuck it on his wall. He felt that it should go to the great grandson and said he would call him. About two months later that same guy who was the great grandson had purchased a Beneli M1 Super 90 and I sold about 5 handguns and some odd number of rifles to him and his family over the course of about 6 months. Talk about a loyal customer and Anderson's had some crack smoking high prices back then so it wasn't like he was getting a HECK of a deal on them. He was just that grateful. The buyer of the .22 had also been a long time buyer of guns from Anderson's and thought it was upstanding of the store for having done what I did.

Long story short: this isn't rocket science to make this happen. Do the right thing, it isn't that hard. When I did it it took maybe 45 minutes in between customers so it wasn't a huge project to do and I made some great customers afterwards.

I am not bashing Keith, it just makes me sick when I hear about gun owners screwing over fellow gun owners. O.k. charge for the time and paper work, Keith's isn't a charity for mistakes on lawful transfers, but don't screw around with a guys family heirloom.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top