JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, he doesn't have to hand out the name of the buyer. All he has to do is contact the buyer, tell him the story, give him the contact info of the OP who wants to buy the gun back, and let the current owner decide from there.

The OP gets his chance to get the gun back, and the original buyer still his has privacy if he wants to, and has the chance to make money on the deal and maybe feel good about getting the gun back in the family. Seems pretty simple to me.

Actually, he doesn't have to hand out the name of the buyer. All he has to do is contact the buyer, tell him the story, give him the contact info of the OP who wants to buy the gun back, and let the current owner decide from there.

The OP gets his chance to get the gun back, and the original buyer still his has privacy if he wants to, and has the chance to make money on the deal and maybe feel good about getting the gun back in the family. Seems pretty simple to me.
It is pretty simple. I cannot think of one reason a person would be offended by something like this. I know I would not mind at all if I had been the one to buy it. There is only one problem...and it is a big unfriendly one. Keith.

Don't get me wrong Don, I want you and your family to get that gun back, just can't figure out why Keith won't help you. Is he really that bad of guy? never dealt with him myself.

Keith, IMO, just has other things he would rather do and if it requires more effort than what he is doing now, he will just pass on any opportunities.

Does anyone know if there is a freedom of information path that Donald can take to get the contact information?

Alternatively, doesn't anyone personally know one of the people who works at Keith's? That information is just sitting in a file cabinet somewhere. It would be a 2 minute task to look it up.

I dont see why you couldnt call the oregon state police and tell them your story. Im sure they could help you out or at least point you in a direction. Also, your story behind the gun being sold, if a family member took it you could report it stolen and get it back that way. That sure would be nice to get Keiths *** in a sling over that! lol.

I have never been to "Keith's", but do know one person that spends a few bucks there now and again. Printing this off, to pass on to him...

Ya never know......... Good luck in getting it back! I'd be devastated if it we're my daddys gun....... I just don't see why your family memeber didn't contact the rest of the family to try and sell it to them first........

I posted this at FMA forum. I hope that you get this back, people that sell family heirlooms need to be kicked in the...................:complain:

How is it Keith's fault that he sold a firearm that someone came into his shop and sold him? Is it his responsibility to track down every firearm he purchases and make sure that it isn't a "family Heirloom"? Keith's is the best firearms store around here. He has the best prices and the best selection around. I am sorry that you lost a family heirloom but Keith's selling it isn't the problem. It sounds like it should have never been sold to Keiths in the first place.

How is it Keith's fault that he sold a firearm that someone came into his shop and sold him? Is it his responsibility to track down every firearm he purchases and make sure that it isn't a "family Heirloom"? Keith's is the best firearms store around here. He has the best prices and the best selection around. I am sorry that you lost a family heirloom but Keith's selling it isn't the problem. It sounds like it should have never been sold to Keiths in the first place.
Miss the point much?

...and just for the record; IMHO Keith's is only "the best firearms store around" if you do not have enough personal dignity to refuse to accept that kind of poor service and poor treatment or if you are so cheap you are willing to take it just to save a couple 1% or 2% on a gun.

All due respect but that has never been the issue. The issue is one that should be relatively painless for "Keith" and that is to just forward the info to the purchaser. But apparently, for whatever reason, he will not and THAT is the issue.

Originally Posted by Trlsmn
I posted this at FMA forum. I hope that you get this back, people that sell family heirlooms need to be kicked in the...................

:confused:

Is that directed at me? I'm confused because you quoted me even though I made no judgment for or against Keiths.

:confused:

Is that directed at me? I'm confused because you quoted me even though I made no judgment for or against Keiths.
Direct it at me and not Trlsmn if it helps. I have no problems speaking out against the practices of Keith or his employees. If most of you overheard one single condescending conversation he has with local law enforcement regarding his own customers you would probably never set foot in his store.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT. It is NOT Keiths fault that he sold the gun, it was given to him to sell. All I want now is the gun back, and offered to pay what the buyer paid plus??? Keith said that he would not contact the buyer. That is my issue.

As I said before, this is not a flame session against Keith's or Keith himself. I do not know him, nor have ever been to his store. The weapon was sold to him with only two family members involved. They never asked if anyone wanted it until it was too late. It is soley my family members fault.

ALL I WANT IS THE GUN BACK FROM WHOEVER BOUGHT IT, AND I WILL MAKE IT FINANCIALLY WORTH WHILE FOR THE TROUBLE!!!!!

Donald

Direct it at me and not Trlsmn if it helps. I have no problems speaking out against the practices of Keith or his employees. If most of you overheard one single condescending conversation he has with local law enforcement regarding his own customers you would probably never set foot in his store.

Keiths does a lot of business with law enforcement so I would expect him to be that way with them.

Given the numbers of transactions he does it probably would be a bit of work to track down the 4473 but not bad enough for me to do it if it was me.
On the other hand, if Keiths has a hard in house rule against sharing any info on any customer then I suppose I can see why they might not make an exception.
There may also be some reasons he has that we dont know of why he wont release it as well.
That being said, based on what I know I would help this guy out somehow.

I personally have bought several guns from Kieth's. Never needed much 'service' as I knew what I wanted when I walked in the door. Knew he had it in inventory, because I'd called ahead and had my name put on it.

I'd say I've been a pretty easy guy to have made profit from over the years, with the minium of his time or effort.

After hearing this story, I will never set foot in his store again. I won't go to his tables at the gun shows either.

Speaking of Gun Shows, there is one in PDX on the 24, 25 and 26th. of this month. I'd suggest a boycott of sorts, and that all of us who attend, stay clear of him also.

Damn, wouldn't it be great to see him standing there, with all his staff, looking around at large numbers of people avoiding him. He might ask "what's going on", and we could tell him!

Like you have said New Shooter II, this isn't about him buying and selling a gun. He's about the actions he has chosen to take that clearly shows us what kind of self centered a** he is.

I sincerely hope that this somehow ends favorably for you. A family herloom is unreplaceable! I wish I'd bought it, and could experience your pleasure by giving it back to you.

Frog.

Last Edited:
This is a serious situation with the OP and he has expressed that he doesn't blame Keith's and that he just wants to find the gun. I have no rights to tell anyone what to do but I will personal not contribute to taking the OP's concerns off topic, there are Keith's bashing threads for that.

Throw up some ideas on how the OP might get the gun back.

On the other hand, if Keiths has a hard in house rule against sharing any info on any customer then I suppose I can see why they might not make an exception.

HE DOESN"T NEED TO SHARE ANY CUSTOMER INFORMATION! All Keith's needs to do is give the OP's contact information to the original purchaser, who can then choose to do what he wants with it. No one's information is being shared who doesn't want it being shared. This is not rocket science!

This is a serious situation with the OP and he has expressed that he doesn't blame Keith's and that he just wants to find the gun. I have no rights to tell anyone what to do but I will personal not contribute to taking the OP's concerns off topic, there are Keith's bashing threads for that.

Throw up some ideas on how the OP might get the gun back.

Staying 'on topic'

- He is not blaming Kieth for buying the gun, or for selling it. Been said by New Shooter II, me and a host of others that have posted to this thread.
- The problem is with Kieth not willing to contact the buyer for him.

I have no rights to tell anyone what to do either. Never did. I was expressing what I was going to do and invited others to do the same, as

A IDEA THAT MIGHT GET THE GUN BACK TO HIM !

Gee, if ya work for Kieth's, be part of the solution, instead of the problem.

Frog.

Last Edited:
Staying 'on topic'

- He is not blaming Kieth for buying the gun, or for selling it. Been said by New Shooter II, me and a host of others that have posted to this thread.
- The problem is with Kieth not willing to contact the buyer for him.

I have no rights to tell anyone what to do either. Never did. I was expressing what I was going to do and invited others to do the same, as

A IDEA THAT MIGHT GET THE GUN BACK TO HIM !

Gee, if ya work for Kieth's, be part of the solution, instead of the problem.

Frog.

I don't work for or support Keiths, I was just pointing out the same argument has been made on about 4 pages now and is just diluting the OP's intent. As is my post!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top