JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yikes! That's even more expensive than golf - at least the courses I play. How do they charge you - by the hour, by the # of targets, by the # of people???
A round of sporting clays is normally 100 birds. You can do the half course. I think it's 45$ for 100 birds and then your shells. If you reload it's gonna save you a pile of money

Mid Valley is a blast. Reminds me to go back, as it's been a year since I last shot there. I was using an ancient Stevens SxS last time.
Well I dropped the BPS off at my local gunsmith to give it a once over and slick the action up. Once in a while the slide will have a slight ketch when trying to work it fast. We'll see how it works after that. I do have my eye on a CZ Drake Southpaw but I'm even more attracted to the left handed Beretta semi-auto.
I shoot all my shotguns LH, including a Beretta AL391 Urika. The adjustable buttstock makes it an easy fit. My other ones all have a neutral comb and standard butt plates.

Mid valley sporting clays is a great place just north of salem off hwy 99. I compare it to golfing with shotguns, easy to get hooked. If you dont reload you can figure about $100+ per outing.
Holy hell that's expensive, and that's without counting gas. Would love to try it but that would get expensive fast.

Cheaper than going out drinking at the strip club! 😁 alot more fun too!
Some stuff I don't do anymore like bigger boats. $250-$300 on gas alone it's not worth it to me. My little zodiac type with 15hp is fun and costs next to nothing to run.

Would love to try the sporting clays but regular thing that's too much $ for my taste.

Just so you know the recoil and concussion of shooting raises blood pressure a lot! And it stays up for about an hour or so. if you are doing this for your heart health just be careful. DR

A 3 wheeled stroller at mid valley clays. The golf carts are more
Like this? ;) (J/k)
99F10B5C-044B-4FC8-ADCD-0BC815F7D1E8.jpeg

Last time I was there, reloads were not allowed.
My wife just picked up a case of Federal Top Gun target loads for $79.99 at Bi-Mart. Been so long since I've bought any, I don't even know if that was a good price. Must have been good enough - she said there was just one more case left. :s0092:

I reload, but not for shotgun.

My wife just picked up a case of Federal Top Gun target loads for $79.99 at Bi-Mart. Been so long since I've bought any, I don't even know if that was a good price. Must have been good enough - she said there was just one more case left. :s0092:

I reload, but not for shotgun.
That's the best price I've seen in a few years. They are 90 or 95 at the clubhouse. I'm swinging by tomorrow to grab a couple cases

This is where I'll be shooting. Looks to be $95.00/year membership and $32.00/round for birds. I think that's 100 birds and they have a deal if you buy 500 birds you get 100 more for free. Plus ammo and shooting gear.

I did make a deal with my local gun store to trade in my Browning BPS for credit towards a left handed Benelli Montefeltro so that'll be cool.

Last Edited:
This is where I'll be shooting. Looks to be $95.00/year membership and $32.00/round for birds. I think that's 100 birds and they have a deal if you buy 500 birds you get 100 more for free. Plus ammo and shooting gear.

I did make a deal with my local gun store to trade in my Browning BPS for credit towards a left handed Benelli Montefeltro so that'll be cool.
The benelli will treat you well....keep us posted on your first trip out. Also bimart had a sale on 12ga for 79.99 a case. I bought 4 for me and the kids

The benelli will treat you well....keep us posted on your first trip out. Also bimart had a sale on 12ga for 79.99 a case. I bought 4 for me and the kids
Thanks you real world review helped in my decision making. I saw the Bi-Mart deal but have 2 of the MTM totes that measure aprox 18"x18"x 6" full of 12ga shells. Mostly low base 7 1/2's so I'll start with those.

Thanks you real world review helped in my decision making. I saw the Bi-Mart deal but have 2 of the MTM totes that measure aprox 18"x18"x 6" full of 12ga shells. Mostly low base 7 1/2's so I'll start with those.
Ya those guns are tanks....the Montefeltro I have as a backup gun was a airplane gun and was killing 100 coyotes a day for 8 months out of the year for years and years. All #4 buck. That's a average of 300 shots a day

Mid valley sporting clays is a great place just north of salem off hwy 99. I compare it to golfing with shotguns, easy to get hooked. If you dont reload you can figure about $100+ per outing.
I'm going to Mid-Valley today. Non-member fee for 50 clays is $30 and with 2 boxes of shells the total is under $50. Even just shooting 50 clays (1/2 course) it still takes me 2+ hours. I'd take that over golf any day.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top