JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys are a little to stereotypical about California. Yeah is general it sucks and they are mostly idiots. I lived there for 20 years so I can say this. However north of Sacramento is practically a different state compared to the rest of California. I was raised in Tehama County along I-5 and most of the people I knew hunted, fished, camped and owned guns. Northern California (minus Redding and maybe Chico) is a lot like Oregon. I dislike California for its heat and for the idiots that run the state and most of the people that live there, but please don't group the down to earth middle class (mostly farming and agriculture folks)

Be nice to us in Southern California. Not all of us are dumb. We are few but we are trying to get the good word out.

There a update to this? Keith and you get this worked out?

I left Keith a message today and will call him again in the morning. We are working on a dealer to dealer transfer in Oregon then the new dealer will ship to my FFL in Southern California. With the extra step, it is taking a bit more time. I will update again once the entire deal is worked out.

Don

Be nice to us in Southern California. Not all of us are dumb. We are few but we are trying to get the good word out.

Your right I'm sure there are a few good people from down there. The guy above got me riled up and I just wanted to set him straight on where the majoity of the people come from that give California a bad name. The langauge was a little excessive. Sorry, glad to hear someone came out of southern California with there head on straight.

Well, I need to start with a HUGE thank you to NorthWestFirearms.com!!!!!

I finally had my hands on the gun today and have started the California 10 day wait to bring it home.

I finally was able to work out a deal with Keith and had him ship the gun to Rich's Gun Shop in Donald, OR, without who this would not be possible.

Chris and Zack from Rich's Gun Shop stepped up and offered to ship the gun to California for me. I will definately remember them and will be making a purchase from them to show my appreciation once funds become available. I would like to send everyone to them for your firearms purchases, because a better group of guys would be hard to find.

Again thank you all for your advise and help in locating this gun and getting it back into the family.

Don

Great to hear that relic/keepsake is on its way HOME.

As to Rich's in Donald, I was considering suggesting them at one point. I "met" them by winning an auction on Gunbroker for an item they had on offer that I wanted. Seemed too good to be true, that item in NEW condition for the buy it now price. It was listed one morning, I found it within a couple hours, thought about it for fifteen seconds, and hit BUY IT NOW. I had a phone call from them within an hour. They were willing to hold the gun at their store until I could personally attend to pay for and collect it. (longgun, I am WA resident, they are FFL Dealer, so all was legal and proper). No deposit asked.... two weeks or so later on, I was able to be in that area anyway, dropped by, we had the entire transaction handled quickly. Longest and most painful bit was waiting TWENTYEIGHT minutes for Oregon's background check staff to get to our call for the check. Zac was a great guy to deal with, I checked other prices in the store, they are reasonable, their attitude (which I had plenty of opportunity to observe as we waited on terminal hold for the BG check) is great...... and I determined then and there if I ever had any need they could legally fulfill, I'd try them first. I've no doubt Zac will remember me, and the amazing long gun I bought from them. Truly a collector's piece, and it WAS NEW IN BOX, as advertised.

A better walk-in full service shop I cannot imagine. They also have a full service gunsmithing section.. complete with ancient but dead accurate milling, boring, lathework, and other large metal working machines.... and the chap who does all that has been doing it for many years.

Don, I am really glad you somehow got onto those folks...... real old time gentlemen with a heart to please.

Thanks for the update, complete with the good news. And yes, by all means, don't be a stranger now you've got your mission accomplished.

Good observation.

My wife was given a little brass teapot (not worth anything really) that her grandmother owned. The trip over from England, however, was a complex handoff between a number of people who were traveling. So there was a lot of "orchestrating" going on to get it over here finally.

It was thereafter dubbed "The Orchestrated Teapot".

You will soon be the proud owner of "(The) Orchestrated Pistol".

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews