JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Northwest Firearms,

I am writing from Southern California for a little help. A family member sold a small caliber handgun to Keith's Sporting Goods, and it has since been sold. This gun has great value to other members of our family. I am waiting on the specific gun information, but it was purchased within the last week from Keith's Sporting Goods and is ingraved with W.A. Hall, (My grandfather), on the slide.

If anyone knows anything about this weapon, please contact me through this site.

Thanks,
Don

The sale date was around July 01, 2009.

Last Edited:
Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes relatives really suck.

My brother & sister had an estate sale of my parent's household and never even informed me, even after the event. I only found out when I went up to take a look through things and saw that everything was gone.

This coming from a brother & sister who are always wearing their "Christianity" on their sleeves...

Here is the latest information I have:

The gun was sold to Keith the first week of July with several other guns in the collection. Keith DID hold the gun so the seller could be sure she wanted to part with it. He finally was told that it was not wanted by the seller, and he placed it in the case and it sold very quickly. Keith advised us that the gun was not worth anything and could not be transfered back into California, (this isformation is untrue).

We called Keith on July 6th and he advised that the gun had sold and he WOULD NOT contact the buyer. We offered to pay the buyer more than they paid for the gun nut Keith would not help.

This gun, (I believe was a .32 auto), was engraved with my grandfathers name. The best we can find is he bought or was given it shortly after leaving the police force.

I understand that the gun was sold to Keith for $75.00 and Keith sold it for $150.00. I DO NOT deny that Keith needs to profit from this situation as well as the new buyer, however Keith will not put the buyer intouch with us.

This gun has great centamental value to the gun colectors in the family.

Thanks again for your help.
Don

Agreed Donald. Also, poking the bear will get you no closer to your grandfathers gun...

Does anyone know if there is a freedom of information path that Donald can take to get the contact information?

Alternatively, doesn't anyone personally know one of the people who works at Keith's? That information is just sitting in a file cabinet somewhere. It would be a 2 minute task to look it up.

He's not being asked to hand out the name. He's being asked to contact them himself; At least that's what I'm gathering.

Seems we should organize a community and "Protest", see if we can change Kieths mind a little bit.

Better yet, Keith could contact the buyer himself and let them know the situation surrounding WHY the original owner's would like to contact them.

Then perhaps the buyer would contact the original owner directly (assuming of course that they are a decent sort and not some jerk who has no sympathy) and the problem could be resolved. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top