Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for gun recently purchased from Keith's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by New Shooter II, Jul 8, 2009.

1. New Shooter II

New Shooter II Southern California New Member

Hello Northwest Firearms,

I am writing from Southern California for a little help. A family member sold a small caliber handgun to Keith's Sporting Goods, and it has since been sold. This gun has great value to other members of our family. I am waiting on the specific gun information, but it was purchased within the last week from Keith's Sporting Goods and is ingraved with W.A. Hall, (My grandfather), on the slide.

If anyone knows anything about this weapon, please contact me through this site.

Thanks,
    Don

The sale date was around July 01, 2009.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  2. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes relatives really suck.

My brother & sister had an estate sale of my parent's household and never even informed me, even after the event. I only found out when I went up to take a look through things and saw that everything was gone.

This coming from a brother & sister who are always wearing their "Christianity" on their sleeves...

3. pease

pease Stayton Member

what brand and model? It might help

4. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

I would hope Keith would help out and contact the buyer so if it could be sold back.

5. New Shooter II

Here is the latest information I have:

The gun was sold to Keith the first week of July with several other guns in the collection. Keith DID hold the gun so the seller could be sure she wanted to part with it. He finally was told that it was not wanted by the seller, and he placed it in the case and it sold very quickly. Keith advised us that the gun was not worth anything and could not be transfered back into California, (this isformation is untrue).

We called Keith on July 6th and he advised that the gun had sold and he WOULD NOT contact the buyer. We offered to pay the buyer more than they paid for the gun nut Keith would not help.

This gun, (I believe was a .32 auto), was engraved with my grandfathers name. The best we can find is he bought or was given it shortly after leaving the police force.

I understand that the gun was sold to Keith for $75.00 and Keith sold it for $150.00. I DO NOT deny that Keith needs to profit from this situation as well as the new buyer, however Keith will not put the buyer intouch with us.

This gun has great centamental value to the gun colectors in the family.

Thanks again for your help.
    Don

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Gee...Keith being unhelpful and a jerk? That sounds so unlike him. No, wait...that sounds exactly like him. :)

7. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Foregive me for being stupid...but where is Kieth's gun shop? Just for reference...because I don't want to do biz with a jerk like that.

8. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

Keith's is a class III shop in Gresham, OR. Guy makes so much money it's not even funny.

9. Descendant

Descendant Eugene, Oregon Member

Keith will be at the Lane County fairgrounds today at the Collectors West Gunshow in case anyone wants to stop in and try to reason with him or flip him the bird, etc.

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I posted this at FMA forum. I hope that you get this back, people that sell family heirlooms need to be kicked in the...................:complain:

11. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

what a douche. I dont like them anyways but I will make sure to avoid them more than I already do

12. New Shooter II

Thank you all for your help in this matter.

I just want to be very clear that I DO NOT want this thread to become a bash fest against Keith or Keith's. I just want my grandfather's gun.

Thanks,

Donald

13. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Agreed Donald. Also, poking the bear will get you no closer to your grandfathers gun...

Does anyone know if there is a freedom of information path that Donald can take to get the contact information?

Alternatively, doesn't anyone personally know one of the people who works at Keith's? That information is just sitting in a file cabinet somewhere. It would be a 2 minute task to look it up.

14. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

x2 on that!

15. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I understand why he's not handing out names of buyers, but seems he could make an exception here??? :confused:

16. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

He's not being asked to hand out the name. He's being asked to contact them himself; At least that's what I'm gathering.

Seems we should organize a community and "Protest", see if we can change Kieths mind a little bit.

17. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Better yet, Keith could contact the buyer himself and let them know the situation surrounding WHY the original owner's would like to contact them.

Then perhaps the buyer would contact the original owner directly (assuming of course that they are a decent sort and not some jerk who has no sympathy) and the problem could be resolved. :thumbup:

18. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

"bubblegum" <--- kills me everytime I see it :rofl1:

19. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I love it when that happens

20. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

good luck!!!