JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are a number of members here who are Oregon located FFL Dealers, and also some businesses who are FFL dealers.... perhaps one of them, reading this thread, would be willing to middle it between Keith's and the California FFL. One who doesn't mind selling to Calif. I know a guy here in Olympia who is an FFL, the guy I use for inbound transfers. He sells into Calif all the time, and may be open to middling it between Keith's and the Calif dealer. He's a real gentleman, very cooperative, and the sort who would likely love to help a man get a family heirloom back in his hands. It would add somewhere near fifty bucks to the whole mess.... shipping (USPS Priority for about ten bucks pllus insurance, his fee (he charges me twentyfive to transfer handguns to me), then whatever he wants to transfer it out of his records and into the Calif dealer's hands.

If need be, I'd be willing to have a chat with him, and see if he's willing to step up.

OM me and I'll work on it. And I won't charge anything for making a couple of phone calls and sending a couple emails.

Let me know, New Shooter.....

There are a number of members here who are Oregon located FFL Dealers, and also some businesses who are FFL dealers.... perhaps one of them, reading this thread, would be willing to middle it between Keith's and the California FFL. One who doesn't mind selling to Calif. I know a guy here in Olympia who is an FFL, the guy I use for inbound transfers. He sells into Calif all the time, and may be open to middling it between Keith's and the Calif dealer. He's a real gentleman, very cooperative, and the sort who would likely love to help a man get a family heirloom back in his hands. It would add somewhere near fifty bucks to the whole mess.... shipping (USPS Priority for about ten bucks pllus insurance, his fee (he charges me twentyfive to transfer handguns to me), then whatever he wants to transfer it out of his records and into the Calif dealer's hands.

If need be, I'd be willing to have a chat with him, and see if he's willing to step up.

OM me and I'll work on it. And I won't charge anything for making a couple of phone calls and sending a couple emails.

Let me know, New Shooter.....

I spoke to Keith again and he will allow another FFL to handle the transfer. Any FFL in the Portland area interested?

Thanks,
Don

So whats the rest of the story? first he sold it for $150, then he has it for sale for $350? was he lying or did he mistake it for another? Did he change his attitude on the whole thing ?

So whats the rest of the story? first he sold it for $150, then he has it for sale for $350? was he lying or did he mistake it for another? Did he change his attitude on the whole thing ?

That is a great question. I think that the original story stemed from him being fed up with my family members. Now Keith is working with me and wants this resolved as bad as I do. He will not transfer to California so I need an FFL near him that will handle the transfer for me on that end. My FFL down here is ready to go.

That is a great question. I think that the original story stemed from him being fed up with my family members. Now Keith is working with me and wants this resolved as bad as I do. He will not transfer to California so I need an FFL near him that will handle the transfer for me on that end. My FFL down here is ready to go.

My shop is in Donald, I can transfer to CA for you. Not sure why he wouldn't want to go to CA in the first place... you can transfer anything down there the same as to another state as long as you abide by the CA compliant laws.
Rich's Gun Shop
503-678-2424
Chris

My shop is in Donald, I can transfer to CA for you. Not sure why he wouldn't want to go to CA in the first place... you can transfer anything down there the same as to another state as long as you abide by the CA compliant laws.
Rich's Gun Shop
503-678-2424
Chris

principle- i think i'd probably make an exception in this case, but i wouldnt send JACK to california. sucks for californians, but that place is an enemy nation, AFAIC.

principle- i think i'd probably make an exception in this case, but i wouldnt send JACK to california. sucks for californians, but that place is an enemy nation, AFAIC.

You are SO RIGHT. California is making it nearly impossible to get guns at all. I am seriously considering moving to a "FREE" state for multiple reasons. We are working hard down here to get the word out.

You are SO RIGHT. California is making it nearly impossible to get guns at all. I am seriously considering moving to a "FREE" state for multiple reasons. We are working hard down here to get the word out.

pack your junk and get up here to Oregun! we have great gun laws, comparatively speaking (all gun laws are unconsitutional). people keep moving up here from cali, but it's all the wrong ones..

pack your junk and get up here to Oregun! we have great gun laws, comparatively speaking (all gun laws are unconsitutional). people keep moving up here from cali, but it's all the wrong ones..

THAT is so true... unfortunately for me they tend to pass thru Oregun (unless they stop in Portland) and infect us up further north!! :eek:

You chose to live in Polk County, so you are definitely a keeper. :D

lol, true. +1

I grew up in California (Bay Area and Orange County, so pretty much a city slicker) but I must of been Oregonian in another life. In the seven years I have been here I have learned to enjoy to camp, hunt, fish, shoot, hike, etc. Things I would have never dreamt of doing in CA.

Just love the Willamette Valley, everything is so close. I can't see myself going back.

Sorry for being Off Topic

You chose to live in Polk County, so you are definitely a keeper. :D

lol, true. +1

I grew up in California (Bay Area and Orange County, so pretty much a city slicker) but I must of been Oregonian in another life. In the seven years I have been here I have learned to enjoy to camp, hunt, fish, shoot, hike, etc. Things I would have never dreamt of doing in CA.

Just love the Willamette Valley, everything is so close. I can't see myself going back.

OH good, I was starting to worry for a minute.....thanks

Gallogiro....I was born in Orange County, and spent the last 8 years in the Napa/Vacaville....lucky for me 30 years inbetween....now this feels like home

You guys are a little to stereotypical about California. Yeah is general it sucks and they are mostly idiots. I lived there for 20 years so I can say this. However north of Sacramento is practically a different state compared to the rest of California. I was raised in Tehama County along I-5 and most of the people I knew hunted, fished, camped and owned guns. Northern California (minus Redding and maybe Chico) is a lot like Oregon. I dislike California for its heat and for the idiots that run the state and most of the people that live there, but please don't group the down to earth middle class (mostly farming and agriculture folks)

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are a little to stereotypical about California. Yeah is general it sucks and they are mostly idiots. I lived there for 20 years so I can say this. However north of Sacramento is practically a different state compared to the rest of California. I was raised in Tehama County along I-5 and most of the people I knew hunted, fished, camped and owned guns. Northern California (minus Redding and maybe Chico) is a lot like Oregon. I dislike California for its heat and for the idiots that run the state and most of the people that live there, but please don't group the down to earth middle class (mostly farming and agriculture folks)

That's true, Northern Cali is similar to Oregon, however your gun laws are still wack! and most of the Californian's we get transplanted up here are the undesirable loony city dwellers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top