JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you planning on doing when the SHTF going full on sniper come on man it's going to be point blank or maybe 40 yards the distance from my front door to the front door of the house across the street is 49 yards yes I have a range finder and I have used it around the neighborhood

Hmm. I'd probably go KSG or Tavor TS12 with 00 buck minishells. Hopefully my neighbors all have these .300 BLK SBR Nerfs.

Edit: Bummer. The TS12 won't cycle minishells. Hands On With The IWI Tavor TS12 Shotgun [Video] - The Truth About Guns

I don't know what you are planning for but this is the facts when and if the SHTF you are going to be fighting in your front yard or your neighbor Hood (sic) if you think your going to run to the hills like RED DAWN forget about it It's going to be up close and personal and probably people that live in your neighborhood that you will be shooting at LET THAT SOKE (sic) IN FOR A MIN THEN POST A REPLY

Actually, we do live, quite literally, in "the hills" and not in a neighborhood of any kind. Be that as it may, I already linked to one of many carbines we maintain at this hacienda. Beyond that, I don't believe I follow this line of inquiry. Regardless, best of wishes to you and yours, preparedness and otherwise. :)

Last Edited:
What are you planning on doing when the SHTF going full on sniper come on man it's going to be point blank or maybe 40 yards the distance from my front door to the front door of the house across the street is 49 yards yes I have a range finder and I have used it around the neighborhood

Someone needs a blow&go on their internet accesso_O

Two things: 1) I totally intend to go full on sniper, in fact after I scope the FAL I need to paki tape the AK so allah can bless each bullet. 2) My rangefinders are normally built into the reticle of the scope, probably not a good idea for me to measure the distance of my neighborhood.
Queue 11 guys who are going to claim they put food on the table harvesting deer with their AK-47 to feed their families with the only gun they can afford.
ARs are cheaper than AKs now. It would be nice for AKs to be that cheap again, but they aren't. Unless you include crappy American made AKs. This joke just makes me sad I wasn't able to get in on cheap AKs. :(

Actually, we do live, quite literally, in "the hills" and not in a neighborhood of any kind. Be that as it may, I already linked to one of many carbines we maintain on at this hacienda. Beyond that, I don't believe I follow this line of inquiry. Regardless, best of wishes to you and yours, preparedness and otherwise. :)
Your excused you live in the hills already OH WAIT BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM THE CITY THAT RUN TO YOUR YARD MMMMMMM NOW YOUR IN IT POINT BLANK

Well sense your in Seattle your neighbors probably got 9mm or heroin needles maybe a 40 cal mixed in there
Fortunately I don't live in Seattle proper where everyone uses heroin and carries Hi-Points, but even if I did I'd rather have a high capacity KSG than probably anything else... if your paranoid, apocalyptic scenario actually played out.

I get 1 MOA out of my .308 Galil Ace

Oh, my, I bet that is a fun one. There is nothing wrong with the classics. :)

Your excused you live in the hills already OH WAIT BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM THE CITY THAT RUN TO YOUR YARD MMMMMMM NOW YOUR IN IT POINT BLANK

Thank you for the concern, amigo. Best of wishes to you and yours. And to quote one of my extended family members, "prep on."

All the people from the city would need to cross base to get here... Other than that, plenty of woods between where I live and the other cities.

Still stuck in a neighborhood, but that's not as bad as the city.

Other than that, plenty of woods between where I live and the other cities

+1. We're not as remote as I would like (*cough* dark side of the moon remote is a good start, from my own gonzo perspective), or have lived in the past, but we aren't anywhere near a major city. Good luck to anyone who wants to traverse the territory to here. ;)

Huh, an AK chambered in a round where brass ammo where 2-3 MOA is common can be pretty accurate. Who would have thought? :confused::D

Steel ammo can be just as accurate as brass ammo if made well and 7.62x39 is quite available in brass cases.

AKs are not that much less accurate than an off the shelf mil-spec AR with mil-spec ammo.

It is just that a well built AR has more accuracy potential. Given the right components and quality assembly, an AR can be had that has better than 1 MOA precision, but that does not mean that all ARs have that precision. Some decades ago American Rifleman did a comparison of mil-spec ARs and AKs and most ARs were 2-3 MOA. ARs have come a long ways since then, and given the design, current components available and knowledge, it is not hard to to acquire or build a very precise AR - it is much harder to do that with a Kalashnikov. My preference is for an AK because they are more durable, reliable and robust in a SHTF scenario.

Queue 11 guys who are going to claim they put food on the table harvesting deer with their AK-47 to feed their families with the only gun they can afford.

I can stab deer with a spear on my property. This is a photo thru my kitchen window last winter:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 6.38.37 AM.png

That was a plump little yearling. These deer are wild, not tame - Nobody feeds them. It is legal to hunt here and they are hunted. The deer also have to deal with coyotes and cougars. And yet, it is not at all uncommon for me to see them within stone throwing distance from my house.

So yeah, I can take them with an AK. Indeed, there is not a deer that I have harvested with any rifle that I could not have taken with an AK - they have all been taken at less than 100 yards, one was less than 10 yards.

That said, I have other rifles that I would prefer to use to hunt deer. On the other hand, if I am out and about in a SHTF scenario and I am carrying a rifle, I will have a defensive rifle in my hands - either an AK of a PS90. Deer can be taken with either (although I would prefer not to with the PS90) and if I need meat, and I am not concerned about the sound, then I probably would not pass up the chance to take the deer just because I have a defensive rifle in my hands instead of a hunting rifle.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top