JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get 2 to 3 MOA with off the shelf US 556 ammo and a scope on a Norinco preban AK

I know. My WASR is probably in that range. AK guys are notoriously touchy about their accuracy. Sometimes I say things that are technically not true to be funny. I call them jokes:cool:

I get 1 MOA out of my .308 Galil Ace with match ammo (which really exists in this caliber) on a good day. Hate to refer to it as an AK, but under the hood it technically is.

IMO this Reformation is way overpriced and the fact that you'll need to shoot their yet-to-be-released Nerf gun .300 AAC BO ammo is silly. I'm also not sure that pushing the ATF limits is a good idea at this point in time.

Just spit balling a little after thinking about this a bit today. If their custom projectile is intended to be fired out of a 300BLK case, I wonder if they will use a different powder than than what's commonly used now for it. I assume it has the length of a 220 gn and will push the max OAL, but it won't have the weight. Will they be able to reduce the speed to subsonic levels to realize the full (and already known) potential of the cartridge and still have decent accuracy? It's quite the box of questions they've opened by dodging the NFA rules.

1.) You can shoot any .300 blk thru this. Thats the 4-5 moa stuff.

2.) The new ammo is being designed to increase accuracy for those who want it.

3.) They explain the price - its comparable to other higher end guns that are machined vs forged, and it comes with the binary trigger. Its not because of the strait land & groove barrel.

4.) They state they will be selling barrels for those who want to build their own guns, and they are going to get into selling uppers and lowers AND will be offering forged guns in the future, at half the price.

Lastly, this is not a loop hole or vague interpretation. The law defines rifling as a twisted barrel to stabilize bullets in flight. Rifles have rifled barrels. Shotguns have smooth bores. This is neither, nor is it new. This gun works within the law as written, ATF cannot change the law themselves, only Congress can. Get a barrel maker to cut a straight grooved barrel for you and you can build your own non-SBR firearm.

The dweeb from TFB was the worst choice of hosts for this, and Franklin needs a better spokesman, or at least one with more attraction...buut if you watched the video everything you wanted to know and more was laid out.

This is a cool little gun. Maybe not $2k cool, but I would not spend 2k on any AR right now unless I could get a real automatic for that price.

They should have made it an AK. 4-5 MOA would have been an improvement ;)
If a person gets 4-5 MOA out of an AK, they need to be taught the basics of shooting a rifle again. Luckily for them ammo is cheap. :rolleyes: If the AK design was inherently that inaccurate DMRs using the AK action would not exist.
I get 1 MOA out of my .308 Galil Ace with match ammo (which really exists in this caliber) on a good day. Hate to refer to it as an AK, but under the hood it technically is.
The problem was never really with the AK design. People in the west are used to having better sights (not a problem when you get used to the sights), and the ammo people normally use isn't great either.
I get 2 to 3 MOA with off the shelf US 556 ammo and a scope on a Norinco preban AK
Huh, an AK chambered in a round where brass ammo where 2-3 MOA is common can be pretty accurate. Who would have thought? :confused::D
1.) You can shoot any .300 blk thru this. Thats the 4-5 moa stuff.
And also probably cheaper than the ammo they made for it.
4.) They state they will be selling barrels for those who want to build their own guns, and they are going to get into selling uppers and lowers AND will be offering forged guns in the future, at half the price.
So why couldn't they sell one without their binary trigger from the start? o_O

Neat idea, but I agree with it not being 2 grand cool. If I was spending 2 grand on an AR, it would have to offer me something other ARs normally don't, which isn't much when it comes to DI ARs.

They are known for the BFS so its a no brainer to release their rifle with it. Its their schtik. All the tacticool kids will be reviewing them on yootubz soon enough.

I want to see Paul Harrell play with one and compare it to a standard AR just to see which one fits his hand better :D

If a person gets 4-5 MOA out of an AK, they need to be taught the basics of shooting a rifle again. Luckily for them ammo is cheap. :rolleyes: If the AK design was inherently that inaccurate DMRs using the AK action would not exist.

The problem was never really with the AK design. People in the west are used to having better sights (not a problem when you get used to the sights), and the ammo people normally use isn't great either.

Huh, an AK chambered in a round where brass ammo where 2-3 MOA is common can be pretty accurate.

I know. My WASR is probably in that range. AK guys are notoriously touchy about their accuracy. Sometimes I say things that are technically not true to be funny. I call them jokes:cool:

Case in point;)

Lastly, this is not a loop hole or vague interpretation. The law defines rifling as a twisted barrel to stabilize bullets in flight. Rifles have rifled barrels. Shotguns have smooth bores. This is neither, nor is it new. This gun works within the law as written, ATF cannot change the law themselves, only Congress can. Get a barrel maker to cut a straight grooved barrel for you and you can build your own non-SBR firearm.

The latest round of "not a shotgun" shotguns and this weapon are IMO pushing loopholes in the NFA and I suspect no good will come of it. The second one of these weapons is implicated in a crime we're going to see the same types of problems that we're currently seeing with bumpstocks. It may even cause the ATF to reverse their ruling (again) on AR pistol braces.

The dweeb from TFB was the worst choice of hosts for this...
I fully agree with you on this. If I was associated with Franklin Armory I'd be pretty unhappy about it.

Remind me never to talk about accuracy around an AK guy.

Sheesh!

The AR-15 SBR I built last year, all told, cost me around a grand for everything: base gun, NFA tax stamp, postage, tools, engraving, parts, et al. If I wish, I can, legally and easily, run anything from .17 to .50 caliber on it with a real barrel that actually works. (I don't have any plans to, because in its current 5.56 form, it is a handy carbine.)

Alternatively, this thing costs two Gs, can maybe produce 5 MOA at 50 yards (are you kidding me) and is of unknown legal standing at the state-level. I suppose those that like to make a lot of noise at the range, and also lack the legal ability (due to state law) or knowledge of NFA and/or are too paranoid to paper an SBR, might enjoy it. @wired was, in my humble opinion, apt in calling it an "abortion".

At the end of the day, whatever makes one happy, as we all have our different tastes.

What are you planning on doing when the SHTF going full on sniper come on man it's going to be point blank or maybe 40 yards the distance from my front door to the front door of the house across the street is 49 yards yes I have a range finder and I have used it around the neighborhood

What are you planning on doing when the SHTF going full on sniper come on man it's going to be point blank or maybe 40 yards the distance from my front door to the front door of the house across the street is 49 yards yes I have a range finder and I have used it around the neighborhood

3-22-610x345.jpg

I don't know what you are planning for but this is the facts when and if the SHTF you are going to be fighting in your front yard or your neighbor Hood if you think your going to run to the hills like RED DAWN forget about it It's going to be up close and personal and probably people that live in your neighborhood that you will be shooting at LET THAT SOKE IN FOR A MIN THEN POST A REPLY

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top