JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can someone explain the draw? I'm not being coy, I just don't get it.

Quick, and I mean first result on google quick, search shows me this:

ST975556B_1200xN.png
CALIBER5.56x45mm NATO (.223REM)
LENGTH26.5"WEIGHT5 lb 8 ozUPPER RECEIVERForged Type III Hard Coat Anodized, 7075 T6 AluminumLOWER RECEIVERForged Type III Hard Coat Anodized, 7075 T6 Aluminum w/ Accutite™ Tension SystemBARREL7.5" 416R Stainless Steel, 1:7 Twist, Melonite®GAS SYSTEMDirect Impingement Pistol-Length Gas Port w/ Low Profile Pinned Gas BlockTRIGGERSpringfield Armory® Proprietary, Nickel Boron Coated GISIGHTSNot IncludedTRIGGER GUARDBravo CompanyPISTOL GRIPBravo Company Mod 3HANDGUARDM-LOK Aluminum SA Patent Pending Free Float w/ SA Locking Tabs & Forward Hand StopBUTT STOCKSB Tactical - SBX-K Forearm BraceBUFFER ASSEMBLYCarbine "H" Heavy Tungsten BufferRECEIVER EXTENSIONSA w/ QD Swivel MountCHARGING HANDLEGI StyleBOLT CARRIER GROUPEnhanced M16, Magnetic Particle Tested, Melonite®MAGAZINE1 - 30 Round Magpul PMag Gen 3CASESoft AR-15 Pistol CaseMSRP$989.00

What's better about what they've done?

Hmm since this has straight rifling, I wonder if someone will make a metallic shotgun cartridge based off of like a 45 bushmaster or 50 beowulf for a straight rifled barrel.
EDIT:
Never mind, multiple projectiles would make it a shotgun.

But it begs the question, If someone was to make a 50 beowulf version of this, and someone else makes a shotshell based on beowulf that would chamber in a standard 50 beowulf chamber if it would constitute a redesign if they used it in a straight rifled 50 beowulf.

Last Edited:
These are cool in their own way (Not really my way), but I wonder how these and other NFA work arounds, could be interpreted differently in the future with different ATF leadership and a different administration.

I still think it is a rifle.

It just has a twist rate of zero.

I am typing this on my phone but I don't recall the law saying anything about twist rate, only rifling.
The law doesn't specify twist rate or define rifling, so in that case dictionaries say that rifling is specifically spiral or helical grooves.

wow that interview was brutal, who is the giant tool shed guy doing the interview...doesnt even recognize a set of feedramps, but the weapon looks sexy. brutal.

then the Franklin guy
so at 50 yrds....like 4 moa....well like 4 to 5moa....oh ya and it key holes at 50 yards also....and uh...its like 2 grand...pound sand guys:confused:
neat idea, they will make alot of money especially with there projectiles that they will be selling...
the non rifle is dumb but important.., what I do like is the fact that companies like Franklin armory and SB tactical keep pushing the limits and making the NFA pointless.
sb tactical just came out with a 5 postion arm brace that uses a normal milspec buffer tube:eek:.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top