JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good marketing
Bad design since pistol with cheek brace is the same thing and better.

At least this opens up straight rifling barrels for others to try to do stuff with.

Could someone make a muzzle device that has a few inches of rifling to put at least a bit of spin back into the bullet?

Could someone make a muzzle device that has a few inches of rifling to put at least a bit of spin back into the bullet?
Could be interesting. I'd be curious if that would make for pressure issues?

Perhaps someone could create a brake that spins gases to apply some rotation.

No one at shot has shown video of them shooting anything with it yet. If you can hit a man sized target 30 out of 30 times at 100 yards I'd be impressed.

Could be interesting. I'd be curious if that would make for pressure issues?

Perhaps someone could create a brake that spins gases to apply some rotation.

No one at shot has shown video of them shooting anything with it yet. If you can hit a man sized target 30 out of 30 times at 100 yards I'd be impressed.
I'd be impressed if you could get the ocean from the beach with it

4-5 moa is only 2-2.5 inches @ 50 yards, thats way better than minute of man. Thats better than I can do with a pistol at that range. My full on 20" rifle would do less, ueah, but the role of such gun as the Reformation is not bullseye shooting, its not hunting, its a CQB style defensive firearm. 4-5 MOA is plenty acceptible there. I think getting bound up by one gun's pricetag, or perceived lack of use for every role is foolish, and not letting you see the potential of such firearms for more specific roles.

Not everyone wants to get their governmemt masters approval to own a short barreled weapon, but will still try to comply with the laws as written. So that leaves pistol braces, and guns like the reformation. Both have a place. Both show how stupid the NFA is as well. For me a reformation style gun is appealing because of the solid stock vs softer pistol braces, if I intended to shoulder it. ATF can still reverse the ruling on braces not being stocks. They can't pull the plug on the reformation unless congress makes a new law or alters the legal definition of rifling, or what a rifle is.

I fully expect to see more straight cut barrels across the market. Cheap gun lovers will no doubt see PSA and Bushmaster offerings for $500-800 if the concept takes off.

If I want to avoid doing an SBR, I see no reason to go beyond an AR pistol - at least I can still have rifling to put spin on the bullet for accuracy. Plus I can build one, minus the binary trigger, of course, for about $600, and that's with the brace.

I get what they're trying to do, and I applaud the creative thinking, I just won't be putting any of my $$ toward such a critter.

I'm hoping to quote from this thread in a year or two once the known names in the game, PSA, Aim surplus, ballistic advantage, etc come out with straight cut barrels and folks here are posting build threads. :s0066:

It's probably just me, but it seems like an awful lot of time, effort, expense, and talk is being spent to save 4.5 inches and make short-long gun that's a so-so shooter.

But hey, whatever floats yer boat and keeps you smiling:)

(If someone makes a straight grooved replacement pistol barrel... Would a shoulder brace on a pistol be legal?)

If I want to avoid doing an SBR, I see no reason to go beyond an AR pistol - at least I can still have rifling to put spin on the bullet for accuracy. Plus I can build one, minus the binary trigger, of course, for about $600, and that's with the brace.

I get what they're trying to do, and I applaud the creative thinking, I just won't be putting any of my $$ toward such a critter.

My thoughts exactly

It's probably just me, but it seems like an awful lot of time, effort, expense, and talk is being spent to save 4.5 inches and make short-long gun that's a so-so shooter.

(If someone makes a straight grooved replacement pistol barrel... Would a shoulder brace on a pistol be legal?)
Your last part is where I think this idea could gain traction, it seems like pistol caliber weapons would be a better use of this "technology" I wonder if something like a foster slug would work in this type of barrel? A 410 slug in a 45 case could be fairly accurate without the stabilization.

IIRC, you don't want to convert a Rifle or Pistol to a Firearm. You want to build it from scratch.

I'm not a fan of Facebook, but someone mentioned a jab at this on the Forgotten Weapons page. They weren't kidding.

OG8gRe0.jpg

Once a rifle always a rifle. With a pistol it doesn't matter. We can thank the ATF for this nonsense.

Sort of. It used to be once a rifle always a rifle. Now its... If it started as a pistol then became a rifle it can became a pistol again. If it started life as a excise tax paid rifle its always a rifle...unless it becomes an SBR.

It might be dumb but its still better than every other freakin' country in the world.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads