JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Myself, when it comes to compactness, I much prefer bullpups - maintains the barrel length while keeping the overall length quite short compared to a conventional rifle.

Now if one or more of the binary trigger folks would just make triggers for some of the popular bullpups.

Not to my knowledge, but I maybe be wrong.

Fluting is a machining term which the material is removed below the grade like fluting the od of a barrel or the fluting of a chamber in a h&k machine gun or a aet schuemann pistol barrel.

Lands are normally .004-.006" higher than the surface.

Not to my knowledge, but I maybe be wrong.

Fluting is a machining term which the material is removed below the grade like fluting the od of a barrel or the fluting of a chamber in a h&k machine gun or a aet schuemann pistol barrel.

Lands are normally .004-.006" higher than the surface.

I'm just "coining" a phrase here... not "straight rifling".... "internally fluted barrel". ;)

Just watched a video of it being fired Full Auto.
I would think that made it a machine gun.
Rifling or not!
Or is that a qualifier?
I'm not into full auto firearms they are way outside my budget all ways around. Couldn't feed one if I had it! So if my question brands me as ignorant, I don't care. We all are to some extent, I got over it years ago. Just don't call me stupid, that's altogether different.
"Smile when you call me that pardner!"
Gabby

Just watched a video of it being fired Full Auto.
I would think that made it a machine gun.
Rifling or not!
Or is that a qualifier?
I'm not into full auto firearms they are way outside my budget all ways around. Couldn't feed one if I had it! So if my question brands me as ignorant, I don't care. We all are to some extent, I got over it years ago. Just don't call me stupid, that's altogether different.
"Smile when you call me that pardner!"
Gabby

Not full auto - just a binary trigger

And the recoil of a rifle, along with a smooth trigger can allow a person, with some practice, to fire the rifle almost as fast as a full auto. With a binary trigger it is twice as easy. There are people who can do it without the binary trigger or a bump stock.

There is a vid out there of Jerry Miculek shooting an AR with a pull trigger as fast or faster than a guy with a binary trigger and they both more or less sound like full auto, but are not.

I'm afraid the far left will grab this sort of thing and call them machine guns anyway and yell and scream to stop use or ownership of such firearms, pretty soon they will insist on single shot BB guns!
ARGH
Gabby

You are saying 2 shots per pull and release?
What happens if you don't want it to fire on the release?
Gabby

If you are shooting binary and you decide that you don't want to fire the second round you engage the selector back to semi auto or safe mode before releasing the trigger.

Binary triggers have a three position selector....safe, semi, and binary.

E

Last Edited:
I'm afraid the far left will grab this sort of thing and call them machine guns anyway and yell and scream to stop use or ownership of such firearms, pretty soon they will insist on single shot BB guns!
ARGH
Gabby

They are.

They have.

Several states have more or less banned them. I am sure about Calif. and I think both WA and OR more or less do not allow them, although for Orygun that is debatable depending on how you interpret the law.

When binary trigger devices came out quite a while ago (IIRC, it was in the 90s?) there was a lot of hoopla, and then it died off. The current triggers are much more sophisticated. The initial ones were just the equivalent of a shim you put between the primary and secondary sear levers to move them apart enough that when you released the trigger the hammer fell. The timing was not always good and sometimes the hammer followed the bolt when it closed and you had to run the bolt back to start over again - something that the early versions of the current triggers also sometimes did.

In many semi-autos, like the AK, a feeler gauge of the right thickness will work (if you know what you are doing), but you have to be ready for the hammer to follow the bolt. I tried it on an AK years ago and it was fun, but after a few minutes I stopped and left the area because I thought someone would hear the fast gunfire and report it, and then I would have to explain to a LEO responder that it was not a 'machine gun'.

I have not tried this in an AR, but the AR does have a primary and secondary sear, and I assume since binary triggers are offered, that it would work. I have looked at an M1A and it does too, so it would probably work there too.

Personally, I am going for the Geiselle rapid fire trigger. It is not binary, but it is smooth enough and comes with an optional light spring, that will allow for very fast trigger work. Fully auto and binary triggers are fun, but the former is tightly controlled and expensive and not legal in every state, and the latter is not legal everywhere and may come under the NFA if Trump follows thru.

Personally, I am going for the Geiselle rapid fire trigger. It is not binary, but it is smooth enough and comes with an optional light spring, that will allow for very fast trigger work. Fully auto and binary triggers are fun, but the former is tightly controlled and expensive and not legal in every state, and the latter is not legal everywhere and may come under the NFA if Trump follows thru.

depending on how that is worded that Geiselle might fall under it as well.

depending on how that is worded that Geiselle might fall under it as well.

Agreed.

And I made that point several times in the thread on Trumps directive regarding these devices.

Most people there are:

lalalala-listening.jpg

But I stand a better chance with a non-binary trigger of not violating a state law or a federal directive with the one shot per pull non-binary trigger than with a binary trigger and I can always put the heavier spring in.

I have one on backorder with Brownells - they have a sale on them and it is a pretty good price for an excellent trigger regardless.

Respectfully, the rate of fire is of dubious importance for an armed citizen, other than as a gimmick. My 60 year old finger is quite capable of keeping up with my brain and vision, butwhile I will never match a 20 year old's reflexes, I like to think these days I make fewer mistakes in judgement.
Binary triggers, bump-stocks etc. - just dumb, given the current West coast political climate. I would swap a $200 tax stamp on silencers - for the banning bumpstocks/binary triggers every day of the week. We should be horse trading like crap, rather than retreating!

Or standing steadfast not giving up anything.

This was what all the Trump supporters were saying - vote for Trump, he won't cave. Give us a GOP majority in Congress - they won't cave.

Well, they are caving.

Agreed.

And I made that point several times in the thread on Trumps directive regarding these devices.

Most people there are:

View attachment 433214

But I stand a better chance with a non-binary trigger of not violating a state law or a federal directive with the one shot per pull non-binary trigger than with a binary trigger and I can always put the heavier spring in.

I have one on backorder with Brownells - they have a sale on them and it is a pretty good price for an excellend trigger regardless.

I saw that you almost cost me money with that post.

I saw that you almost cost me money with that post.
:D

I was going to buy one a month ago, but put it off because of all the money I spent last year.

Now with this directive and the current political climate and my timber sale, I think $130 is not going to be a problem - especially if I am more disciplined this year.

I have said for the past year, that it was the time to buy guns while we were able.

My prediction is that gun orders will go up now - especially with the coming election on the horizon. People just do not think ahead - they panic instead of plan.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top