JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Franklin binary trigger for the HK platform. Lately they have been selling on GB for $1100-1200.....which is really tempting right now. :D

I realize this is a necro, but there is a legal updated on this "thing". ATF classified it as a "shotgun" under GCA68, but, despite the short barrel, not a "short-barrelled shotgun" under NFA34. But they are still subject to the interstate travel restrictions of SBSs. Wonder why? Here is the ATF letter.

DumpsterFire2.jpg

Man, that is the definition of "skin of the teeth" for not needing a tax stamp. The fact that is is not designed to fire a "shotgun shell" is all that keeps it out of the NFA.

Since I have an FFL, ATF sends me notices, letters, etc. via email. Today they released an "Open Letter" on arguably the most intensely stupid "rifle" released in recent memory. Can be read here.

Since I have an FFL, ATF sends me notices, letters, etc. via email. Today they released an "Open Letter" on arguably the most intensely stupid "rifle" released in recent memory. Can be read here.

Interesting, so now it IS a SBS? I have no interest in purchasing something like that, but I can see why residents of some states would be interested in paying the premium for a less accurate "firearm"

So it's a non NFA controlled Short Barrel Shotgun.

Lol, that makes even more sense than before!

I don't get it. Why would anyone want this gun and what is the benefit to the owner?

No idea. It is, imho, one of the most moronic firearm built in recent memory. If you want an AR, there are a zillion choices. If you want an SBRed AR, you just paper it move on.

But, I guess there is someone out there who would want a "rifle" with hilariously bad accuracy, that the projectiles keyhole at 50 yards, has a binary trigger on it for some reason, and costs way more than decent AR pattern rifle. They're going to have to wait until ATF can catch up with the bureaucracy before any of us FFLs can sell one. And, yes, I would sell one if I could. Hell, I've transferred several Hi-Points, after all, so what am I hanging on to? :s0112:

While Franklin does some dumb things and is overpriced overall. I do enjoy the middle finger they give to governing agencies and state governments.

For example, they sell this in California as a complete run around all the laws there against AR15s.

1576794517846.jpeg

California is refusing to allow those Franklin "firearms" to be sold even though state law allows it. The California DoJ is refusing to update the software to match the law.

No idea. It is, imho, one of the most moronic firearm built in recent memory. If you want an AR, there are a zillion choices. If you want an SBRed AR, you just paper it move on.

But, I guess there is someone out there who would want a "rifle" with hilariously bad accuracy, that the projectiles keyhole at 50 years, has a binary trigger on it for some reaons, and costs way more than decent AR pattern rifle. They're going to have to wait until ATF can catch up with the bureaucracy before any of us FFLs can sell one. And, yes, I would sell one if I could. Hell, I've transferred several Hi-Points, after all, so what am I hanging on to? :s0112:
Yea it's like, ok let's go back to technology from 300 years ago for no real reason or benefit to anyone. Sounds like a top seller! (Kidding)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top