JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Or they just play the enemy of our enemy?

Well, ya know brother.
I do not approve of allot of the politics of TLGC, however I donated, and being full aware of how I feel about them.
I am not kidding myself, or being naive, Its not like they do not say " LIBERAL" gun club. They are not hiding this
therefore its worth it to me to give them the benefit. If they make a stand it could change allot.

Good on 'em.

To those with reservations about supporting "liberals", I say: the "left vs right" spectrum is a distraction that serves those in power. The distinction you should be focused on is "authoritarian" vs "libertarian". You'll find that this dimension cuts across both "sides" of our dominant political parties.

When you focus on what matters -- which, in my humble opinion, is personal liberty -- then it turns out that neither party is your friend, but you have friends in both parties.

I support ALL civil liberties. Intellectual consistency: it's a thing!

I agree completely @nft. I am very much a Libertarian, albeit philosophically, not by party affiliation. The question, a far as I am concerned, is personal liberty versus the opposite.

Back on topic; good news, because more the merrier. We need everyone we can get in this fight. :)

Good on 'em.

To those with reservations about supporting "liberals", I say: the "left vs right" spectrum is a distraction that serves those in power. The distinction you should be focused on is "authoritarian" vs "libertarian". You'll find that this dimension cuts across both "sides" of our dominant political parties.

When you focus on what matters -- which, in my humble opinion, is personal liberty -- then it turns out that neither party is your friend, but you have friends in both parties.

I support ALL civil liberties. Intellectual consistency: it's a thing!

Post of the year right here!:D
This is the truth! We all need to take this to heart, there are no sides any more, only pro or anti, party dosnt matter any more, the sooner we get that through our heads the better!

It's good to see them finally taking notice around these parts...
Where were they when making license holders and C&R licenses BGC exempt?

Having faith that liberals can be trusted to do something really pro-gun positive...nah, don't buy it...

Trust, nope not me, watching and see. Yep.
I was a successful lobbyist, and this group(LGC) has made allot of noise against conservative gun owners, allot.
We have no one on our side that has a snowballs chance to even get a sit down with law makers, so having this side step up,
gives an option... maybe.

Now that said, I know how that game is played, and them sending new, young people in that have not done this before.
I am not holding my breath, I do not trust TLGC, not even a little. But they said they will make and effort, and well by donating
and seeing where this goes. I can also ask for accountability if need be. As said played this game, I know what makes both sides tick.
There is a difference in trusting and monitoring, if that makes sense.

It's good to see them finally taking notice around these parts...
Where were they when making license holders and C&R licenses BGC exempt?

Waiting until it got bad I suspect, watching OFF fail year after year just empowered TLGC and they are well aware
they can strike now with the greatest impact and influence. With what exactly we will see. If they succeed in stopping these bills, OFF may end up seriously damaged.

This is a one issue thought of support and watching. I suggest we pay close attention to the actions, not just the words of these new lobbyist. They will be on the big sell, thats normal. And we will see many left pop back in and support this. I would air on the side of caution until this plays out.

Good luck to them. We need all the help we can get. It would have been preferrble to have received that help in Novemer of 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018 though. Probably too late now, but I hope I'm wrong on that.

I wonder what would happen if more people focused on supporting all 2A folks that are fighting for thier rights, regardless of what box is marked on their voter registration. I typically see a lot of pearl clutching, pro-2A virtue signaling, and excuses from rightists.

Can you cite some instances of pro 2A people not supporting folks that are fighting for 2A rights?

Also, what are some examples of pearl-clutching (whatever that is), pro-2A virtue signaling, and excuses from rightists?

EDIT: Columbo here. Just one more thing. Do YOU know of any strongly pro-2A leftists that might run in Oregon?

Last Edited:
Well, ya know brother.
I do not approve of allot of the politics of TLGC, however I donated, and being full aware of how I feel about them.
I am not kidding myself, or being naive, Its not like they do not say " LIBERAL" gun club. They are not hiding this
therefore its worth it to me to give them the benefit. If they make a stand it could change allot.

BUT IF THE DID NOT VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE THEY VOTE FOR WE WOULD NOT BE IN THIS MESS

i know left leaning folk that voted for knute. not all of "them" voted the same way. i voted for knute because he isnt kate brown and had a better chance to win than wooldridge who i would have voted for had he been more likely to win than knute the rino. all im saying is not all democrats voted democrat.

i have never voted democrat for the record

i still see no solution to criminals obeying laws. laws only affect law abiding

i know left leaning folk that voted for knute. not all of "them" voted the same way. i voted for knute because he isnt kate brown and had a better chance to win than wooldridge who i would have voted for had he been more likely to win than knute the rino. all im saying is not all democrats voted democrat.

i have never voted democrat for the record

i still see no solution to criminals obeying laws. laws only affect law abiding[/QUOTE
I know dedicated left leaning folk .(Not modern left) that voted for knute. that's why Im shocked she won

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top