JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you mean I can't use smell anymore, now how will I get to violate people's 4th amendment rights.

Don't worry, they were original pulled over for absolutely legal reasons. Definitely not profiling, even though they were followed for 6 blocks till a reason was discovered to make the stop. Since if you drive long enough just about anyone will perform a moving violation.

It's okay, it's not the 2nd amendment....

:rolleyes:

Damn, I am starting to feel like the Cops must really not like me or something. I have not been stopped in over 30 years. Last "interaction" was when car broke down and I was waiting for AAA. Trooper pulled in behind, I had ID, CPL, and ins. in hand. This was all waved away as she asked if I was OK. When I told her AAA on the way she just walked off. Of course she did to me look like she could not possibly be old enough to even drink so she must not have been at it long enough to be like the rest :s0092:
Amazing that the last time I was actually hauled to the side was rainy, dark, I was tired, heading to second job, cut off a Trooper on the on ramp by just not bothering to look. That one did look at my papers, laughed and told me to pay better attention and off we both went. Hell this morning I had some kind of LEO. could not tell which agency, behind me for a good :10 till he turned off. I should complain that I am not getting the same treatment as everyone else here and getting stopped, searched, molested, and such all the time. I mean what the hell is wrong with me?

Damn, I am starting to feel like the Cops must really not like me or something. I have not been stopped in over 30 years. Last "interaction" was when car broke down and I was waiting for AAA. Trooper pulled in behind, I had ID, CPL, and ins. in hand. This was all waved away as she asked if I was OK. When I told her AAA on the way she just walked off. Of course she did to me look like she could not possibly be old enough to even drink so she must not have been at it long enough to be like the rest :s0092:
Amazing that the last time I was actually hauled to the side was rainy, dark, I was tired, heading to second job, cut off a Trooper on the on ramp by just not bothering to look. That one did look at my papers, laughed and told me to pay better attention and off we both went. Hell this morning I had some kind of LEO. could not tell which agency, behind me for a good :10 till he turned off. I should complain that I am not getting the same treatment as everyone else here and getting stopped, searched, molested, and such all the time. I mean what the hell is wrong with me?
It's a miracle you didn't get shot.... Oh wait, criminals doing illegal things get shot. My bad....

They wanted to reduce crime for and by non-violent drug offenders. False compassion. Dope is not free. Does not matter the type. Since it is not free, certain criminals will rob or murder to get it. Weed stores abe being burglarized and plantations have stolen vans ramming the gates for the night's harvest. Thus, those with drugs arm themselves against those without drugs.

Like the Far Side cartoon says, there is...

View attachment 856331

:s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

I'm sending that to my Aussie wife who just so happens to be in Australia this very moment.

"A dingo stole my baby!!"

What do you mean I can't use smell anymore, now how will I get to violate people's 4th amendment rights.

Don't worry, they were original pulled over for absolutely legal reasons. Definitely not profiling, even though they were followed for 6 blocks till a reason was discovered to make the stop. Since if you drive long enough just about anyone will perform a moving violation.

It's okay, it's not the 2nd amendment....

:rolleyes:

I've had a cop follow me just once in my limited driving life. After 1/4 mile on the highway with me in the slow lane doing ~0 to -5mph the speed limit, I realize he was following me. So I threw the hazards on and pulled over to the shoulder.

Cop started to follow me and then must have thought better of it and went on his way.

I'm not interested in being followed by anyone, least of all someone looking to give me a bad time.

When I commuted into Portland on 26, I would occasionally see a cloud of smoke coming from inside the passenger compartment of a car. Sometimes the whole passenger compartment was filled with smoke. I would guess it was from someone smoking up a storm with pot on their way to work.

It's those stupid vape pens. I remember the first time I saw a car cabin fill up with white smoke in I-5 and thought, "DAM, ELECTRICAL FIRE UNDER THE DASH"! Then it cleared, and I could see the muppet driving was vaping...

FYI- No, you vapers don't look cool... you just look like another dumb junkie gettin' a fix.

Users steal the drugs because they are expensive. They are expensive because most of the drugs are illegal. But other drugs, like tobacco and alcohol are more expensive than they should be because they are heavily taxed. Either way they get stolen - it is not unusual to hear of a truckload of cigarettes being hijacked.

Or the third reason.... they're expensive because they're highly sought after by enough azz-clowns who can't live life sober.

I've had a cop follow me just once in my limited driving life. After 1/4 mile on the highway with me in the slow lane doing ~0 to -5mph the speed limit, I realize he was following me. So I threw the hazards on and pulled over to the shoulder.

Cop started to follow me and then must have thought better of it and went on his way.

I'm not interested in being followed by anyone, least of all someone looking to give me a bad time.
I tried that once and the guy got pissy with me about it.
I told him I figured he was pulling me over anyway because of the cracked windshield.
I got a warning ticket for the window and put it in the center console with the others.
Working night shift and getting off at 2:30 am was like running the gauntlet trying to get home without being pulled over for something.
Of course driving a rusty old Blazer on 35" mud tires with a welded rear diff, headers and all that jazz wasn't exactly stealth mode either.

Or the third reason.... they're expensive because they're highly sought after by enough azz-clowns who can't live life sober.

Aspirin is cheap and almost everybody uses it - I do daily to help with pain and high BP. Most drugs, if available legally and mass manufactured, would be very inexpensive. I take a statin drug (Atorvastatin, Tablet, 20 MG) that Walgreens wants to charge me $7+ a pill for. Amazon sells it to me for 50¢ a pill.

Yes, demand does affect price, but if supply is adequate, and there is competition, then it balances out to where the cost of manufacture/etc. plus profit is usually reasonable. Right now the main driving factor for cost of illicit drugs is that the selling price is extremely elevated because the market is artificially restricted by law.

When legally sold, a 10-mg tablet of OxyContin will cost $1.25 and an 80-mg tablet will cost $6. When illegally sold, a 10-mg tablet of OxyContin can cost between $5.00 and $10.00. An 80-mg tablet can cost between $65.00 and $80.50.

I don't drink or use drugs but I do use nicotine. I must be a junky.

You are probably addicted. I had an alcohol problem in high school. I have an addictive personality so I have to be careful with drugs, including tobacco and alcohol (neither of which I have used for almost 40 years now). Alcohol and tobacco are more of a problem than illicit drugs, ditto with prescription drugs being misused/abused (the latter was one of the reasons my ex wound up homeless on the streets).

You are probably addicted. I had an alcohol problem in high school. I have an addictive personality so I have to be careful with drugs, including tobacco and alcohol (neither of which I have used for almost 40 years now). Alcohol and tobacco are more of a problem than illicit drugs, ditto with prescription drugs being misused/abused (the latter was one of the reasons my ex wound up homeless on the streets).

LOL Probably? I started chewing when I was 14. I'd say I'm addicted to nicotine for sure. And I'm ok with it. I don't spend my weekends chugging beers or doing shots so I'm good with a dip in my lip.

I also work out at least 5 days a week and run on a treadmill 3-4 days a week. I would be happy to run PT drills side by side with anyone.

LOL Probably? I started chewing when I was 14. I'd say I'm addicted to nicotine for sure. And I'm ok with it. I don't spend my weekends chugging beers or doing shots so I'm good with a dip in my lip.

I also work out at least 5 days a week and run on a treadmill 3-4 days a week. I would be happy to run PT drills side by side with anyone.

I can't run. I can't even walk up a hill for more than half a mile. Partly because of my heart, but also my lungs. My SIL, who smoked for decades until recently quitting, runs out of breath walking from the living room to the kitchen. It will catch up with you eventually.

I can't run. I can't even walk up a hill for more than half a mile. Partly because of my heart, but also my lungs. My SIL, who smoked for decades until recently quitting, runs out of breath walking from the living room to the kitchen. It will catch up with you eventually.

I don't smoke.

Right now the main driving factor for cost of illicit drugs is that the selling price is extremely elevated because the market is artificially restricted by law.
This.

Also, 'business disputes', 'contract negotiations' and other things that normal business employ the court system and other peaceful means to resolve are not available.

I tried that once and the guy got pissy with me about it.
I told him I figured he was pulling me over anyway because of the cracked windshield.
I got a warning ticket for the window and put it in the center console with the others.
Working night shift and getting off at 2:30 am was like running the gauntlet trying to get home without being pulled over for something.
Of course driving a rusty old Blazer on 35" mud tires with a welded rear diff, headers and all that jazz wasn't exactly stealth mode either.

Too funny. I didn't work nights but did do a ton of driving at night through the wee hours of the morning in a beat up ol' Mitsu Mighty Max getting from one climbing area to another. (Get off work at 10pm on a Friday, start driving from Phoenix to Vegas to climb at Red Rocks...get there at ~3:00am...sleep for a wink, then send it...being young was great!).

Same story though - ended up seeing my fair share of highway patrol take a keen interest in me if for no other reason than: old truck driving at the prime drunk people driving time. That damn truck got me more police attention than the Saturn that I threw a supercharger and straight pipes on...and that thing was obnoxious. Go figure.

But for me, what it comes down to is the fact that a person has the right to possess and consume whatever substance they wish to possess and/or consume - whether it is guns/ammo or drugs. Prohibition didn't work on alcohol, it just caused crime, corruption and harm to innocent people. The "war on drugs" is really no different.

But for me, what it comes down to is the fact that a person has the right to possess and consume whatever substance they wish to possess and/or consume - whether it is guns/ammo or drugs. Prohibition didn't work on alcohol, it just caused crime, corruption and harm to innocent people. The "war on drugs" is really no different.
Word.

I consume caffeine and alcohol in what I consider moderate and reasonable quantities. My body my choice. Single malt pls.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top