JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"What they did, though, was they eliminated the ability to use the smell of marijuana, or smoking marijuana possessing marijuana, which is legal now for a probable cause search of a car, and that is extremely problematic," Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said.
While many have celebrated the new marijuana law as a big victory, Flynn has some deep concerns, especially how the law will play out in areas of high crime.
"I can't tell you how many illegal weapons that we confiscate out of vehicles especially in the City of Buffalo," Flynn said.

Imo law enforcement should be worrying about the massive influx of homeless and tweakers after it becomes legal. Happened in CO, OR, and WA. The amount of Calls to law enforcement is going to explode.

It's legal to smoke weed and drive in Buffalo?

Under the influence is the same no matter what you are ingesting, alcohol, pills, etc.
How would legalizing weed make that any different?

If they pull a car over and it smells like weed, how is that any different than smelling alcohol?
I'm pretty sure that doesn't fly here.

It's legal to smoke weed and drive in Buffalo?

Under the influence is the same no matter what you are ingesting, alcohol, pills, etc.
How would legalizing weed make that any different?

If they pull a car over and it smells like weed, how is that any different than smelling alcohol?
I'm pretty sure that doesn't fly here.
The car can smell like weed without the occupants having consumed any, merely because they have it in the car or on their persons. This blurs the line between DUI and legal possession.

They wanted to reduce crime for and by non-violent drug offenders. False compassion. Dope is not free. Does not matter the type. Since it is not free, certain criminals will rob or murder to get it. Weed stores abe being burglarized and plantations have stolen vans ramming the gates for the night's harvest. Thus, those with drugs arm themselves against those without drugs.

Like the Far Side cartoon says, there is...

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 4.30.59 PM.png

Heck, I saw a twenty something smoking a bowl, in his car, parked on a public street, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF CITY HALL. And that was BEFORE the Plandemic.

When I commuted into Portland on 26, I would occasionally see a cloud of smoke coming from inside the passenger compartment of a car. Sometimes the whole passenger compartment was filled with smoke. I would guess it was from someone smoking up a storm with pot on their way to work.

They wanted to reduce crime for and by non-violent drug offenders. False compassion. Dope is not free. Does not matter the type. Since it is not free, certain criminals will rob or murder to get it. Weed stores abe being burglarized and plantations have stolen vans ramming the gates for the night's harvest. Thus, those with drugs arm themselves against those without drugs.

Like the Far Side cartoon says, there is...

View attachment 856331

Users steal the drugs because they are expensive. They are expensive because most of the drugs are illegal. But other drugs, like tobacco and alcohol are more expensive than they should be because they are heavily taxed. Either way they get stolen - it is not unusual to hear of a truckload of cigarettes being hijacked.

Last Edited:
Well hell...

I'm all for God an' apple pie, and you know, all that...

But... I mean... you know...

I'm against people exercising more freedom, 'cause if they do... you know... that means I have less control over them.

Hell, people go 'round exercising their natural rights, ever thang will be outta control!

I believe it freedom and rights an' all that.... as long as people beg permission first... and pay their fees... and carry their permission slips with 'em. Hell, then I can tell the good one from the bad ones... and I'll feel better.

So there.

Ever body just submit and comply!

Submit! Submit!

It's what Free Men do!

I was surprised to hear this same concern from a couple of law enforcement types in Oregon when they first decriminalized MJ. Was disappointed to hear that they were looking for new excuses to stop and search. I generally support law enforcement but their attitudes and comments were a little upsetting.

Users steal the drugs because they are expensive. They are expensive because most of the drugs are illegal. But other drugs, like tobacco and alcohol are more expensive than they should be because they are heavily taxed. Either way they get stolen - it is not unusual to hear of a truckload of cigarettes being hijacked.
I suspect that must be a big thing here and any other state that taxes them to the extreme. Pack of name brand smokes here is around $12. Every time I see that I wonder how anyone still smokes. If everyone really did quit the damn state would be in real trouble real damn fast with that sudden cash flow cut off. At that price there has to be a big black market for them too.

"If they pull a car over and it smells like weed, how is that any different than smelling alcohol?"
"I smelled weed" is a pretty good Generic Probable Cause. It's the cop's word with no way to verify it.
Like "furtive move."

I suspect that must be a big thing here and any other state that taxes them to the extreme. Pack of name brand smokes here is around $12. Every time I see that I wonder how anyone still smokes. If everyone really did quit the damn state would be in real trouble real damn fast with that sudden cash flow cut off. At that price there has to be a big black market for them too.

Nah, with Universal Basic Income EVERYBODY gets a ciggy allowance!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top