JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bovine Excrement............BS & lots of it here in Orygun. In a face to face off the record discussion with a LEO a few years back: This old man was living in an UGB, not in the city limits. The city police dept didn't have the $$ to even think about marijuana & the resultant property crime. Nor would they enter the UGB, not their turf. And the County Sheriff's.................bovine excrement. The voters would not vote to increase $$ to the sheriff's dept., so at times there might be only one(1) deputy on duty to cover about 4000 sq miles. But the voters would vote and did increase spending for parks where druggies could throw away dirty needles. Calling dispatch was a joke to report a property crime. Dispatch would remind the caller about the latest vote and lack of funding for law enforcement.

The discussion: "The good citizens of Oregon voted to legalize marijuana and now the good citizens of Oregon get everything that goes along with marijuana." Enjoy! Druggies, Brownstain's cartel, organized crime know they have a free get out of jail card any day of the week.

Salem has made it perfectly clear..............the victim is guilty; all due to the democratic party's rule.

Foreverlost,

Imo law enforcement should be worrying about the massive influx of homeless and tweakers after it becomes legal. Happened in CO, OR, and WA. The amount of Calls to law enforcement is going to explode.
The massive influx of "homeless and tweakers" in tent city has not a thing to do with marijuana legalization. I've watched it climb steadily since the 2006-10 housing bubble rescession, that had the impact of making it harder to buy houses, even when the market was lower, and consequently driving up rent. In addition to 100k more residents moving to PDX. IMO there's simply more poverty and the cost of housing on the west coast has skyrocketed.

More on topic, a DUI is a DUI, so search away. However if someone's been doing the marijuana and just sitting in a parked car, they probably aren't scarface, so it's really just a pretext to take someones firearms away using a made-up "crime" that causes far fewer problems than booze. I'm often surprised at how many of my fellow citizens who are proponents of "smaller government"(!) and personal liberties are opposed to marijuana legalization. It means nothing to me because I don't touch the stuff, but I'm happy my tax dollars aren't going to bust weed smokers and small time pot dealers anymore.

Think of it this way, if you live in the city you've never had a stoned guy yelling outside your house at 2:00 a.m., but you've definitely had an otherwise law abiding drunk guy/girl waking the hood.

Last Edited:
I'm often surprised at how many of my fellow citizens who are proponents of "smaller government"(!) and personal liberties are opposed to marijuana legalization. It means nothing to me because I don't touch the stuff, but I'm happy my tax dollars aren't going to bust weed smokers and small time pot dealers anymore.
What he said, exactly.

While we're at it, we should not have made new laws around drugs, that's the wrong way to go. We should just get rid of the existing laws, and other 'sin' laws while we're at it. When it comes to laws, less is more.

I'm often surprised at how many of my fellow citizens who are proponents of "smaller government"(!) and personal liberties are opposed to marijuana legalization.
We call those people statists. They are basically "diet" big government. They are fine restricting others liberties as long as they are liberties they don't take part in.

What he said, exactly.

While we're at it, we should not have made new laws around drugs, that's the wrong way to go. We should just get rid of the existing laws, and other 'sin' laws while we're at it. When it comes to laws, less is more.
Pretty much. What an adult does with their own body is nobody's business but their own.

We call those people statists. They are basically "diet" big government. They are fine restricting others liberties as long as they are liberties they don't take part in.

Pretty much. What an adult does with their own body is nobody's business but their own.
I agree, however, it should be noted that impaired is impaired, regardless of the substance or state of mind. Killing someone while driving stoned or drunk should get the same punishment as killing someone while driving while texting.

I agree, however, it should be noted that impaired is impaired, regardless of the substance or state of mind. Killing someone while driving stoned or drunk should get the same punishment as killing someone while driving while texting.
I don't think anyone is arguing about driving impaired. Hurting someone else, specially taking their life, goes against the NAP.

I don't think anyone is arguing about driving impaired. Hurting someone else, specially taking their life, goes against the NAP.
What I would like is to see arbitrary substance testing be replaced with accurate impairment (or more precisely, capability) testing. If a person can't pass an accurate field capability test well rested and stone sober they don't belong behind the wheel either.

What I would like is to see arbitrary substance testing be replaced with accurate impairment (or more precisely, capability) testing. If a person can't pass an accurate field capability test well rested and stone sober they don't belong behind the wheel either.
Well that would be better than this arbitrary number we set on BAC.

How do you pass such a test if you are disabled in a fashion that you cannot walk in a stable manner but you can drive just fine?

Also, I have witnessed people who are stone sober, who could pass such a test, but who should not be on the road.

How do you pass such a test if you are disabled in a fashion that you cannot walk in a stable manner but you can drive just fine?
There are a number of tests that don't rely on physical abilities that are not also required to drive. I'm not talking about standing on one leg or doing the alphabet backwards. For an example, a thing called visual fusion testing shows a lot of promise, in conjunction with some other things.

EDIT: These sort of things are measuring cognitive capability and are also a decent proxy for coordination.

Also, I have witnessed people who are stone sober, who could pass such a test, but who should not be on the road.
They shouldn't have a license to start with .

Last Edited:
Bovine Excrement .........................:s0054: : Half of what I see on NWF is stating Hunter Biden and Pappy Biden did the correct legal thingy by lying on Form 4473. Can't eat your cake and have it too! The current tests will point out the Darwin Award Winners. Shame that cleansing of the gene pool takes so darned long. We need a law to ban Naloxone. In my early childhood days, some kids didn't last to the 7th grade. The world is better off without them, drugs.

Back in the early 80's the company started random drug testing. Without a doubt that was the best thing in my work career. The idiots were quickly shown the door. Should of also had a breathalyzer to open the gate. But that would of had 1/2 of management fired :s0059:.

There is another world out there trying to keep the cogs turning. They don't use drugs. While a full time employee, I could count on being handed a slip about once a month to have a drug test. That also meant get fresh clothes in the suit case, passport ready for the next assignment. Without a recent pass on a drug test there is no way through the front gate of that assignment. Been called out of retirement and guess what is always on top of the list.

Any drug bust in my neck of the woods, always has marijuana & illegal guns in the news release. Just like salt & pepper.

Foreverlost,

It's legal to smoke weed and drive in Buffalo?

Under the influence is the same no matter what you are ingesting, alcohol, pills, etc.
How would legalizing weed make that any different?

If they pull a car over and it smells like weed, how is that any different than smelling alcohol?
I'm pretty sure that doesn't fly here.
Weed is gonna stink unless it's in an airtight container and just because you can 'smell' it, doesn't indicate the driver is under the influence unless that's the initial reason they pulled you over. It's like the seat belt law. Is it against the law to not wear one? Yes, but they can't stop you and give you a ticket because it's a secondary violation (If I remember correctly).

FYI: NEVER consent to a search. EVER. Make them get a warrant and stand for your 4th Amendment rights as well.

Tech should solve the issue.

Pulled over for swerving. Whether you smell like alcohol or weed, testing for intoxication is lawful in most states. A breathalyzer is a sure tell way to establish blood alcohol. We need tech like that for pot. A person could have smoked the day before and still test positive, so we really need tech that can identify current real time pot intoxication. We also need laws on the books to determine what level, like alcohol, is allowed and not.

With pot being LEGAL in more states, it should not be used as means to violate constitutional rights. Most DUI arrests don't lead to searching the vehicle. Why should pot intoxication arrests? Pot smelling vehicles and a negative test with proper tech should definitely NOT be escalated into a search of ones vehicle.

Like cigarettes, a smoker can never smoke in his/her vehicle, yet the vehicle can wreak of cigarettes. Having strictly a smelly vehicle, SHOULD NOT be means to violate someone's 4th amendment rights, especially if they were not pulled over for non intoxicating reasons.

That doesn't mean that if your vehicle stinks of pot, that you won't get tested at every opportunity. Sober and your car smells of pot, don't drive stupid, you'll likely never get pulled over. Get pulled over for unlawful turn, smell of weed and the tech shows you aren't currently stoned, move along, it should be a lawful reason to test, but not escalate to anything but that unless found over the limit.

It's only a matter of time until weed is legal nationwide. It should be handled no differently than alcohol in terms of LE interaction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top