JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Where's my :) you promised if I read all the way through Post #1? You said you'd give me one..... :D

I know how frustrating it can be to have things changed on you at the last minute. Add to that the child care aspect of it (I've seen your little man and he's cute as hell by the way), the erratic behavior and waiting for the buyer to get their poop in a pile; and all I can say is you were extremely patient.

If the buyer reads this, then Shame On You for making it so difficult to conduct what should have been a easy, timely and simple transaction.

Where's my :) you promised if I read all the way through Post #1? You said you'd give me one..... :D

I know how frustrating it can be to have things changed on you at the last minute. Add to that the child care aspect of it (I've seen your little man and he's cute as hell by the way), the erratic behavior and waiting for the buyer to get their poop in a pile; and all I can say is you were extremely patient.

If the buyer reads this, then Shame On You for making it so difficult to conduct what should have been a easy, timely and simple transaction.
:)

Isn't that the reason for the feedback
As to give a heads up to others about deals that have had bad or good or iffy dealings. You don't have to drag a guy over the coals but but maybe a heads up for possible glitches in transactions. We all make mistakes but if there is a trail or history to follow it gives you an idea of the character. Like they say no your history to guide your future.

hard to say wether id leave a neg or not. I get that you have to actually give negatives for the system to work. At the same time there are negatives given for the wrong reasons too. I have had to deal with only one of those though so its probably not that wide spread a problem around here. Mostly good people that I have met on here! Cheers.

hard to say wether id leave a neg or not. I get that you have to actually give negatives for the system to work. At the same time there are negatives given for the wrong reasons too. I have had to deal with only one of those though so its probably not that wide spread a problem around here. Mostly good people that I have met on here! Cheers.
Reading yours, looks like you did the right business type thing, and clearly responded the right way to try and make it right.

@brenty your case is the perfect example. I just went and read through the initial feedback and replies and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with you. The buyer sounds shrill and unreasonable and you tried to make it right.

Same thing happened to me and the dude wouldn't answer the phone or texts as I was driving to meet him. I think it is mostly young guys who's word has no value to them.
Its not just young guys, i can assure you...I've been doing buying and selling for over 40 years and its been some middle aged men and some greedy old crooks pulling the crap as well, oh the stories I could tell you. We do have better mobile Communication today , so it is better , if ya use it ! lol
I have bought items from several members now , mostly by Russ handling the transaction after wiring him the money and I have no Feedback , but if I say I want to buy it from you I will follow through, as I feel my well built Reputation is on the line and I like to sleep at night !

I'd give a neutral. The deal was complete, so it wasn't negative imo.
Being a realtor, you don't know the HOURS I lose waiting on clients at homes they made the appointment to see. I bust my butt getting their on time to hurry up and wait. It's life right now.
I try not to be a hypocrite and I know I've had to make the call of shame to say I'll be late buying something cause I traveled to an unfamiliar area. Most folks understand they live in a unique area and gps will mess you up.
To me it's part and parcel of selling stuff online. That's why I tend to give stuff to my kid to sell and split the money or just donate household items to Goodwill. Don't want to deal with the BS.

Last Edited:
I would have went home! But then I wouldn't have gone that far out of my way for the person either unless it was one of the you guys that I know really well. With that said not being smart isn't a reason for a negative review IMHO

I would have gave a negative review. People like that need to be weeded out of the system, or the integrity of the website will be compromised. You might not deserve the retaliation but the long list of happy buyers (including me) will far outweigh one self serving JERK!

I think I would've gone negative after all that.

Your time is at least as valuable as his - he wasted a lot of yours.

Reading comprehension is important for both parties - he showed up without the agreed upon amount for the transaction. You wound up taking a loss beyond what was agreed too, $20 does not equal 100 rounds of factory 5.56, even if it's steel cased stuff.

Only 80 years olds use flip phones these days - if you have a cell phone you have a "free" GPS in your pocket - there is zero excuse for getting lost going to a well established, known location. "Home Depot - Murray Blvd" is all you have to type, and Google Maps or Waze will take you right there, give you real time traffic advisories and fairly accurate ETA's.

I can't fault for showing up with backup in the car, I like to have someone (preferably someone armed) with me when meeting strangers for any deal. I don't mention it usually, because no one asks and it's up to them if they bring someone or not. It's why I typically insist on a highly visible, well trafficked meeting area that either has cameras, or is well lit if the meeting is after dark. I give details of the vehicle I'll be driving, and what I'm wearing so the person can recognize me. I just sold a member a magazine today, and exchanging that info made it easy peasy to greet one another.

Neutral feedback is OK I suppose, since you didn't want to risk the negative strike on your own. Since I know you and you're a trusted member on here, I'd take a negative review from you with a grain of salt, though I can see that less well read or newer members may be turned off by it - but unless people give negative reviews for less than positive transactions - the review system is just a mutual back slapping ego stroking joke.

Hopefully this is a one off and you don't have anymore knuckle heads from here. Knock on wood - I've not had flakes from NWFA. I've had flakes from other forums, and from Armslist, but who hasn't?

Sorry you had a bad experience with it. In the end, your item sold, and you lost a bit of time.

I have found that the following works for me. After I agree on something with a buyer/seller, I usually try to do a summary. I also include my phone number and vehicle make/model/colour just in case of traffic or there are 16 subaru outbacks in the parking lot.

[snip]
Hey, here's where I believe we've arrived:
You: Bring Cool Widget that I want to buy
Me: Bring $314, 2 paperclips and a ball of yarn
To meet you at: Piggly Wiggly on 37th & Main at 7pm

Is that what you understood to be the deal?
[/snip]

Most of the time it works out.

I do about the same, and why it sounds funny I say, so our transaction is:

You pay XYZ and BGC and what every else.

I supply XTZ after passing BGC and what ever else

I spell it out how cash will transfer and Item and when BGC is being done
before cash after or how ever ( thats another post)
Never had issues ever, I just spell it out like we are two years olds.
Also am very specific of where, as in exactly right down to street and number if need be.
By being really over the top, we all get to enjoy the conversation and not go, hey wait what huh? BS.

OP, I agre be over the top and be specific as possible. Sure makes things easier.

I think I would've gone negative after all that.

Your time is at least as valuable as his - he wasted a lot of yours.

Reading comprehension is important for both parties - he showed up without the agreed upon amount for the transaction. You wound up taking a loss beyond what was agreed too, $20 does not equal 100 rounds of factory 5.56, even if it's steel cased stuff.

Only 80 years olds use flip phones these days - if you have a cell phone you have a "free" GPS in your pocket - there is zero excuse for getting lost going to a well established, known location. "Home Depot - Murray Blvd" is all you have to type, and Google Maps or Waze will take you right there, give you real time traffic advisories and fairly accurate ETA's.

I can't fault for showing up with backup in the car, I like to have someone (preferably someone armed) with me when meeting strangers for any deal. I don't mention it usually, because no one asks and it's up to them if they bring someone or not. It's why I typically insist on a highly visible, well trafficked meeting area that either has cameras, or is well lit if the meeting is after dark. I give details of the vehicle I'll be driving, and what I'm wearing so the person can recognize me. I just sold a member a magazine today, and exchanging that info made it easy peasy to greet one another.

Neutral feedback is OK I suppose, since you didn't want to risk the negative strike on your own. Since I know you and you're a trusted member on here, I'd take a negative review from you with a grain of salt, though I can see that less well read or newer members may be turned off by it - but unless people give negative reviews for less than positive transactions - the review system is just a mutual back slapping ego stroking joke.

Hopefully this is a one off and you don't have anymore knuckle heads from here. Knock on wood - I've not had flakes from NWFA. I've had flakes from other forums, and from Armslist, but who hasn't?
I've been actually thinking about going back to a flip phone. They're cheaper and you're probably a little less surveilled.

I've been actually thinking about going back to a flip phone. They're cheaper and you're probably a little less surveilled.
I want one just to get away from being a screen zombie.

I miss my tiny slider phones of back in the day.

I knew a guy that wanted to sell his motorbike to a/the motorbike forum popular with many. He got jacked around one too many times and wound up holing the engine a few times with a pistol and then burning the bike for the benefit of said on-line biking community.

Recently I sold an AR pistol via Armslist, same day the car crapped out on me.
I still took it apart, put it in a backpack, and maxed it to tualatin for the meet. Got there early.
Point is, if you respect the deal, and your word, you're gonna do your damnedest to keep the appointment. Sorry for you that the person in question did not show the proper respect to either.

I would have left a negative, if only to warn others. Kinda like telling the neighbors if you get mugged. Sure, you called the police, but they may not catch him. Help your neighborhood out with a description and a breakdown of the incident.

I wouldnt sweat getting negative feedback...

pretty much we only read the negatives anyway, it will always be clear what went down based on the retaliatory feedback.

Im debating the same...

I made a deal on an optic, listed as $ OBO... I made an offer $25 under... the offer was accepted.
End up making an arrangement to meet up, which I left work early to accommodate... costing me $
20 minutes before meet up time, seller says he is just going to keep it...... turns out another member offered to buy it at asking price.

Im really wanting to leave a neg on this one myself.

I missed out on two hours pay to accommodate the deal... we made an agreement on price and agreement on meet up... then he sells it out from under me... not even the courtesy of telling me he had a full price buyer and giving me the opportunity to match.

:mad:

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class