JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I wouldnt sweat getting negative feedback...

pretty much we only read the negatives anyway, it will always be clear what went down based on the retaliatory feedback.

Im debating the same...

I made a deal on an optic, listed as $ OBO... I made an offer $25 under... the offer was accepted.
End up making an arrangement to meet up, which I left work early to accommodate... costing me $
20 minutes before meet up time, seller says he is just going to keep it...... turns out another member offered to buy it at asking price.

Im really wanting to leave a neg on this one myself.

I missed out on two hours pay to accommodate the deal... we made an agreement on price and agreement on meet up... then he sells it out from under me... not even the courtesy of telling me he had a full price buyer and giving me the opportunity to match.

:mad:
Once an offer is accepted , anyone who backs out because of a better offer afterwards should lose the privilege of using the Classifieds here...to me that's a dishonest Greedy Loser and i would say a violation of terms .

Good on you for bending over backwards for this guy. I've had similar results using another site and I've had to drive a few miles more because of thier tardiness. I had more of a "I could get a bad feedback" feeling if I didn't show. And it wasn't worth pleading my case via web over it either. I got what I wanted and I guess that was the bottom line. Move on.
I've never have done a deal after sundown. The time you did it was reasonable with plenty of people still out running errands, eating dinner, etc etc. Anything after 8pm would be a deal breaker for me.

Last Edited:
Once an offer is accepted , anyone who backs out because of a better offer afterwards should lose the privilege of using the Classifieds here...to me that's a dishonest Greedy Loser and i would say a violation of terms .

Isn't that the truth! i consider the member ship here to be part of a special fraternity. Ladies too of course. Pullin' crap like that for $25.00 on good people.......:s0109:

Isn't that the truth! i consider the member ship here to be part of a special fraternity. Ladies too of course. Pullin' crap like that for $25.00 on good people.......:s0109:

I was just going to call him out in the thread, but it was promptly deleted.

I've been on here over 10 years and have never left negative feedback...

But I think it is our duty to police ourselves in the classifieds. I may leave the feedback either negative or neutral, haven't decided.

Unfortunately , we have sellers here who I have discovered will not return a fast pm offer to buy if the seller will ship them , and then they change the ad. Apparently the first person to respond doesn't get dibs on this forum... We are spread out across the country and not everyone lives in Portland , or Vancouver , Salem, or Everett. Some of us are willing to pay and wait for the items , just takes the seller a little packing and a trip to the PO.

Unfortunately , we have sellers here who I have discovered will not return a fast pm offer to buy if the seller will ship them , and then they change the ad. Apparently the first person to respond doesn't get dibs on this forum... We are spread out across the country and not everyone lives in Portland , or Vancouver , Salem, or Everett. Some of us are willing to pay and wait for the items , just takes the seller a little packing and a trip to the PO.
The seller should never be obligated to sell to the first person who contacts him, unless he specifically states something like 'The first "I'll take it" gets it'. Neither should a seller be obligated to ship if they choose not to.

It is their choice who they do or do not sell to, for whatever reason they so choose.

The seller should never be obligated to sell to the first person who contacts him, unless he specifically states something like 'The first "I'll take it" gets it'. Neither should a seller be obligated to ship if they choose not to.

It is their choice who they do or do not sell to, for whatever reason they so choose.
That's why E-bay does so well, so ya either work with me if you want my money or I'll spend it elsewhere !
It's supposed to be a Mutual Respect thing on a Forum !

That's why E-bay does so well, so ya either work with me if you want my money or I'll spend it elsewhere !
It's supposed to be a Mutual Respect thing on a Forum !
Does your Mutual Respect include freedom of choice for the seller?

I have no problem declining to ship something if I choose not to, and no one should feel entitled to force me to ship against my will just because they responded first.

In the context of this thread, should I be forced to sell to someone with negative feedback just because they were the first to respond?

Heck, I even reserve the right to not sell to someone if I don't like their spelling or grammar, or how they conduct negotiations. That is my prerogative as the seller, regardless of whether someone thinks they have "dibs" or not.

Wouldn't you agree?

Does your Mutual Respect include freedom of choice for the seller?

I have no problem declining to ship something if I choose not to, and no one should feel entitled to force me to ship against my will just because they responded first.

In the context of this thread, should I be forced to sell to someone with negative feedback just because they were the first to respond?

Heck, I even reserve the right to not sell to someone if I don't like their spelling or grammar, or how they conduct negotiations. That is my prerogative as the seller, regardless of whether someone thinks they have "dibs" or not.

Wouldn't you agree?

I don't understand the "dibs" thing... is it a text message agreement kinda deal?? Or are you talking about actually somebody calling you, making a deal of time date and price and then you backing out because you feel like it?

Please don't say the latter half.. pleassssssse

I don't understand the "dibs" thing... is it a text message agreement kinda deal?? Or are you talking about actually somebody calling you, making a deal of time date and price and then you backing out because you feel like it?

Please don't say the latter half.. pleassssssse
It was in regards to Mooseman's comment "Apparently the first person to respond doesn't get dibs on this forum".

I don't agree with the concept of "dibs". It's essentially saying that the first person to repond to your ad by post or by PM is the person you have to sell to. The seller has the right to choose who he sells to, rather than have his actions dictated by a time stamp.

I don't agree...I believe in helping fellow gun owners out and maybe I'm trying to gather equipment for a Newbie , or the local FFA shooting team, or young people I may be helping to learn our Hobby , or a disabled Veteran...
I NEVER said anything about forcing someone to ship.. I said I will PM an offer with extra money to ship if they will.
If ya don't want to ship , that' s your prerogative the same as if your price is too high or you don't respond , I can keep my money for a deal with someone else. Its a 2 -way street . I learned a LONG , Long time ago , what goes around comes around and you treat people like you want to be treated. I have made more friends on Forums by helping people with my Knowledge and my offers to make parts no longer in existence , or to give someone something FREE they need to help them in the shooting sports world. I don't Buy from greedy ,uppity people, or people that ignore my Messages, after waiting patiently. If I put an Item up for sale and someone says they will take it and meet the plain language deal in the ad , then it is SPF as far as I am concerned, I could care less if they can spell or use proper grammar or 1/2 the country would be disqualified. They can be Blind, Deaf and Dumb as far as I care , because I don't discriminate.
I deal with people all over the US, and Alaska and a majority of my friends now were met on a forum , and we talk on the phone, meet up at gun shows and shooting competitions and we chat nightly in my Chat room. We RESPECT and Help each other .
Someday , someone will have something you really want or need and the price will be good , then they will sell it out from under you and then tell me how it makes you feel .

It was in regards to Mooseman's comment "Apparently the first person to respond doesn't get dibs on this forum".

I don't agree with the concept of "dibs". It's essentially saying that the first person to repond to your ad by post or by PM is the person you have to sell to. The seller has the right to choose who he sells to, rather than have his actions dictated by a time stamp.
I get that to a point. I've had a few deals where we agreed on a price, time/place to meet, etc only to get a message, sometimes, that they sold it to someone else. Once I waited around for 30 min after driving an hour and the person wouldn't return a text or call. Turns out they sold the stuff and just pulled a no show, then made it my fault. Sadly it seems the stupid people that plague Facebook have found NWFA.

So would you sell to someone with a horrible feedback rating if they were the first to say "I'll take it"?
Honestly, I haven't sold anything here so I never looked at feedback. I have completed 4-5 deals on here so far and as a buyer got No feedback , yet the deal was completed to the sellers satisfaction and mine.
I'm a man of my word and while it may take a few days to get the money to my brother in Portland to do the deal , if ya don't take paypal or ship, it will happen if I say I will take it and we agree on a price. If ya don't want to wait for the money transfer to happen so you can get cash when the deal happens , then let me know before agreeing to sell it, pure and simple.
We are supposed to be Excellent to each other on here, and I take that to include buying and selling.

I get that to a point. I've had a few deals where we agreed on a price, time/place to meet, etc only to get a message, sometimes, that they sold it to someone else. Once I waited around for 30 min after driving an hour and the person wouldn't return a text or call. Turns out they sold the stuff and just pulled a no show, then made it my fault. Sadly it seems the stupid people that plague Facebook have found NWFA.
That's not what I'm talking about, but your example is a perfect illustration of what not to do, and why we need to be vigilant about posting feedback, both positive and negative.

I'm talking about politely declining an offer long before any agreements are made. I don't think people should feel entitled to buy something just because they raised their hand first. It's up to the seller to choose who to sell to.

Those people need to be banned from selling or buying on here imho.
BTW, thanks for your help on the Savage 99 300 for sale ad with the pictures. It's in the Family now !

Read the OP, skimmed the rest. Seems like some miscommunication. Negative feedback worthy? Nope. The deal went through.

Id venture to suggest that the whole selling to the first person who responds thing, is a non issue. The majority of people id bet do sell their item to the first reasonable human being who wants said item. And if not, there might be a good reason! But what are we going to about these lowlifes who are choosing who they sell their property too, need to get a handle on this before it gets out of hand

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads