JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That said, I always go back to contract law as we learned it in law school. You as the seller make an offer. If you are unwilling to sell to the first person who mets your terms of sale, you'd better have a good reason.
The terms of sale are not final until you agree upon a price and the terms of conveyance, as well as the terms of payment.

If I don't agree to ship, there is no contract.

Last Edited:
I don't agree with the concept of "dibs". It's essentially saying that the first person to repond to your ad by post or by PM is the person you have to sell to. The seller has the right to choose who he sells to, rather than have his actions dictated by a time stamp.

Me either. I refuse to be held hostage by a buyer who does not have cash immediately available to complete a sale or can't complete the sale on a reasonable time line. Besides, if you don't have the cash readily available, you shouldn't be calling "dibs" in the first place.

E

On your deal, since you actually made your deal. I'd say positive or at worst neutral. The ones that I don't care for are an agreement/ deal is made, a date and time and place to meet are made, Then prior to the meet the other party changes their mind and says something like I decided to sell it instead or I found a deal I like better. Or if they are really honest they may say, I've decided to keep it and look around more. Those are the my pet peeves. Usually still I just say OK. good luck see ya. I usually say nothing and just move on no report made. Lost time and possible sales since the item was marked pending or sold pending. It happens more than you would think. For me it would have to be really bad for a negative. Once on another board a guy offered a large amount of boxed factory ammo. I met up, looked at the boxes, yes I opened but did not actually look close. After the deal and at home I look closer and pretty much all the ammo was filthy. Tarnished and even looked as though some were reloads. I attempted to contact the individual with no response. I posted a negative and the board mods tried to intervene. In the end I was justified in that the individual was banned for life. Morel of the story, don't post something and advertise it as factory new when it is obvious it's not. And look over your ammo well before handing over your cash unless you know the person well. As a rule of my own, I don't ever shoot anyone's reloads but my own. My guns are too valuable to blow them up with someone else's reject reloads.

I personally wouldn't have sold it to him after all that. But then again (although rarely), I can be an bubblegum. I take the deals and feedback seriously like on my feeBay account. He was playing games to see how bad you wanted to sell it. Had something similar on Offer Up with a loaded pickguard for a Stratocaster guitar. Bickering down to 1/4 of the value. Told him I'm keeping it and took it off. I'll sell it on feeBay for $180 instead of his $75 firm offer.

So.....the member you dealt with has 10 positives and now 1 neutral by you. With the addition of your second thread I'm just wondering if you are trying to make sure nobody does business with this member again? Your second thread states that you basically saved another long term member here from making a mistake doing business with him.

Everyone has an off day, and I'm certainly not up for a witch hunt that YOU ultimately could have walked away from at the first sign of issues.

This has run its course.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR