JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'd certainly leave negative feedback. Sounds like you spent the $20.00 just driving around. I've left a great deal of negative feedback on fleaBay over the years and I've gone so far as complaining to fleaBay and gotten a few folks tossed off.

Good Luck with whatever happens.:)

I was always taught.. A deal is a deal as agreed to and a man is only as good as his word !
I have to purchase from members and have things shipped to me here in OK, or have Bro. Russ
in Portland handle the transaction and the shipping to me. I have had some good dealings so far with
Members, but if you try and change the deal on me or you wont ship to me you won't get my money.
Feedback is there for a reason...

This type of crap drives me crazy, and is exactly what a negative feedback is for. How hard is it to agree on a time and place and make it happen? If you can't do that then you deserve negative feedback. I stopped the whole change of plans/new meeting place after one such incident resulted in death threats coming my way.

If the party is more than 10-15m late without a darn good reason, I'm heading home.

Last Edited:
How the hard is it to agree on a time and place and make it happen?

With all due respect. We are talking traffic in the I-5 corridor here? With 99% people that live in Portland or Salem and in between. A bunch of F'ing morons in that group. That's the reason I state, up front, that I don't do deals at certain times of the day if I'm needing to leave MY hood.

I'm in whole agreement with the need for negative feedback, the thing that's irritating is that giving negative feedback almost insures your perfect record of great deal making gets tarnished by some yahoo.

I'm in whole agreement with the need for negative feedback, the thing that's irritating is that giving negative feedback almost insures your perfect record of great deal making gets tarnished by some yahoo.

I understand that feeling. Though when I look at a members feedback. And look at the members they've dealt with. And look at someone who'd left a negative on another members perfect record? That negative really doesn't mean much, like @Lilhigbee says.

You have way more patience than I do. If someone is a no-show, for either business or pleasure, I'm pretty much done. Time-wasters are a dime-a-dozen, so no thanks.

As the muppetry was all on the buyer's end, I'd say he deserves at least a neutral. Alas, that could invite a response in kind. :oops:

Personally, since the deal is done, I'd just ignore it. One thing I ask myself on this kind of thing if "I'm I going to care about this annoyance a couple days from now or next week?" If the answer is in the negative, meh, no reason to bother.

I'd be just as happy to get any kind of feedback.
I leave feedback for all of my transactions but it seems others do not respond in kind.
Not just this site either.

You have way more patience than I do. If someone is a no-show, for either business or pleasure, I'm pretty much done. Time-wasters are a dime-a-dozen, so no thanks.

As the muppetry was all on the buyer's end, I'd say he deserves at least a neutral. Alas, that could invite a response in kind. :oops:

Personally, since the deal is done, I'd just ignore it. One thing I ask myself on this kind of thing if "I'm I going to care about this annoyance a couple days from now or next week?" If the answer is in the negative, meh, no reason to bother.
Ya, I'm fairly patient and understanding in life.

At least I try to be.

I'm the same as for the feedback. I'm not for retaliation and it's part of the game.

I'll probably leave positive feedback with a warning. Seems like a decent compromise and that way at least others will know for futures.

This, like all things, will pass.

I'd be just as happy to get any kind of feedback.
I leave feedback for all of my transactions but it seems others do not respond in kind.
Not just this site either.
Don't be afraid to ask for it.

OK, my take? Yes you should leave a neg. I'm sorry but unless the guy lives in a cave there is just no excuse. Smart phones which everyone seems to have will show you how to get to the right store and tell you if there is traffic problems.
The comprehension problems, well , some are not bright. His attitude that he has nothing to be sorry for, no. As for him retaliating and leaving you bad? Well most here know you by now. So WTFC kind of thing. As mentioned by others if no one uses the feedback then it can't help others. Glad you at least made the sale but the way it all shook out is bad and it sure as hell was not your fault.

Unfortunately you'll get what you give whether you deserved it or not, making the rating system rather worthless . I was promised a sale, I was the first one responding to his ad, and no other response followed for some time. We made the commitment, had arranged when and where to meet. Having all been set up, the deal fell through. I suspect he was offered more money albeit against the classified rules. None the less he claimed the other guy contacted him first though perplexing as to why he made the deal then arrangements to meet with me afterword and not kindly enough to say a previous deal was pending. Obviously this mans word is of no value.
Having no tangible proof, but finding his actions unethical, though giving him the benefit of doubt even though A negative feedback was screaming to be left, I left a neutral feedback, without derogatory comment.
Though without guilt or culpability, I got a neutral in return saying I was a sorehead looser.
Moral of the story is without a venue to dispute feed back reports, If you don't want negative or neutral reports when you did your responsible part, then don't leave any on the other guy jerk or not.

With all due respect. We are talking traffic in the I-5 corridor here? With 99% people that live in Portland or Salem and in between. A bunch of F'ing morons in that group. That's the reason I state, up front, that I don't do deals at certain times of the day if I'm needing to leave MY hood.
Yes, traffic is an issue, but why didn't the buyer call and say "I'm going to be late." That would have been the right way to handle things. IMO I have more than once called my one of my Doctors and said " I'm running late, but we will be there." This while thing stinks.

Unfortunately you'll get what you give whether you deserved it or not, making the rating system rather worthless . I was promised a sale, I was the first one responding to his ad, and no other response followed for some time. We made the commitment, had arranged when and where to meet. Having all been set up, the deal fell through. I suspect he was offered more money albeit against the classified rules. None the less he claimed the other guy contacted him first though perplexing as to why he made the deal then arrangements to meet with me afterword and not kindly enough to say a previous deal was pending. Obviously this mans word is of no value.
Having no tangible proof, but finding his actions unethical, though giving him the benefit of doubt even though A negative feedback was screaming to be left, I left a neutral feedback, without derogatory comment.
Though without guilt or culpability, I got a neutral in return saying I was a sorehead looser.
Moral of the story is without a venue to dispute feed back reports, If you don't want negative or neutral reports when you did your responsible part, then don't leave any on the other guy jerk or not.

Funny, the guy you mention hasn't been seen since 2015. That tells me something. And it's NOT that you're a bubblegum and he was a real gem of a guy. ;)

F it I went with Neutral feedback.

If I get the same or less, I just hope moderators keep this thread open, I'll link this thread in my response.

F it I went with Neutral feedback.

If I get the same or less, I just hope moderators keep this thread open, I'll link this thread in my response.

That's a good way to go Bryan. You're not bad mouthing, or are you talking the member up.

Yes, traffic is an issue, but why didn't the buyer call and say "I'm going to be late." That would have been the right way to handle things. IMO I have more than once called my one of my Doctors and said " I'm running late, but we will be there." This while thing stinks.

He did call say he would likely be late.

Same thing happened to me and the dude wouldn't answer the phone or texts as I was driving to meet him. I think it is mostly young guys who's word has no value to them.

Same thing happened to me and the dude wouldn't answer the phone or texts as I was driving to meet him. I think it is mostly young guys who's word has no value to them.
Don't tell anyone, but I'm one of those "young guys". :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class