JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Start a gun registry...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...assault-weapons-launch-national-gun-registry/

martin-omalley-Reuters-640x480.jpg
REUTERS/JONATHAN ERNST
by AWR HAWKINS26 Jul 20157,802

On July 24, the day after John Russell Houser allegedly used a handgun to kill two people in Lafayette, Louisiana, former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley called on Congress to ban "the sale of assault weapons" and "[establish] a national gun registry."
He also said it is time to "[increase] inspections" on gun shops and mandate that gun owners lock up their guns in their homes.

Writing in The Boston Globe, O'Malley boasted of the gun controls he was able to pass while Governor:

In Maryland, we implemented some of the toughest measures in the nation to crack down on gun violence. The reforms we put in place included required licensing, fingerprinting, background checks, and safety training. We ensured that these requirements applied to all buyers, whether they were acquiring a gun from a dealer, a secondary sale, or as a private gift.

We took action to keep guns off the street and make them less deadly. We banned the sale of assault weapons and limited the size of magazines. And, if a firearm was lost or stolen, we required it to be reported immediately to law enforcement.

What a list: license requirements for firearm owners, mandated training, background checks, bans on assault weapons, and a ban on "high capacity" ammunition magazines.

O'Malley then suggested that the goals of Maryland at the time — when gun control was enacted — and the goals of the United States now should be one and the same.

Well, let's see. How has gun control worked out for Marylanders? According to USA Today, not well. They report there were "43 homicides" in May of this year alone and a total of "116 homicides" in Baltimore through the first five months of the year.

To hedge his bets O'Malley points away from Maryland, pointing instead to the nation as a whole and claims there were 204 mass shootings "during the first 204 days

One of the worst, (IMO) Republicans appears to support gun rights in this recent clip.
Oregon will go Dem in the National anyway. We need to focus on getting rid of KB which is a longshot at best.

I still want to know how a ban and registry would stop crime?

The real crime here is, these politicians dont think before they speak.

Even the firearm used in the theater was under 15 rounds (or less) right?

These guys drive me nuts.

I still want to know how a ban and registry would stop crime?

The real crime here is, these politicians dont think before they speak.

Even the firearm used in the theater was under 15 rounds (or less) right?

These guys drive me nuts.

It was a Hi Point with a 10 round magazine. I'm perfectly fine with them banning Hi Point guns if that is what they want to do.

Start a gun registry...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...assault-weapons-launch-national-gun-registry/

View attachment 249560
REUTERS/JONATHAN ERNST
by AWR HAWKINS26 Jul 20157,802

On July 24, the day after John Russell Houser allegedly used a handgun to kill two people in Lafayette, Louisiana, former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley called on Congress to ban "the sale of assault weapons" and "[establish] a national gun registry."
He also said it is time to "[increase] inspections" on gun shops and mandate that gun owners lock up their guns in their homes.

Writing in The Boston Globe, O'Malley boasted of the gun controls he was able to pass while Governor:

In Maryland, we implemented some of the toughest measures in the nation to crack down on gun violence. The reforms we put in place included required licensing, fingerprinting, background checks, and safety training. We ensured that these requirements applied to all buyers, whether they were acquiring a gun from a dealer, a secondary sale, or as a private gift.

We took action to keep guns off the street and make them less deadly. We banned the sale of assault weapons and limited the size of magazines. And, if a firearm was lost or stolen, we required it to be reported immediately to law enforcement.

What a list: license requirements for firearm owners, mandated training, background checks, bans on assault weapons, and a ban on "high capacity" ammunition magazines.

O'Malley then suggested that the goals of Maryland at the time — when gun control was enacted — and the goals of the United States now should be one and the same.

Well, let's see. How has gun control worked out for Marylanders? According to USA Today, not well. They report there were "43 homicides" in May of this year alone and a total of "116 homicides" in Baltimore through the first five months of the year.

To hedge his bets O'Malley points away from Maryland, pointing instead to the nation as a whole and claims there were 204 mass shootings "during the first 204 days

...said the failed former governor from Maryland. :rolleyes:

It was a Hi Point with a 10 round magazine. I'm perfectly fine with them banning Hi Point guns if that is what they want to do.

Sheesh, a guy does an awesome job scratch building a 1911 and suddenly he becomes a gun snob! o_O;):D

OLDNEWBIE is right. Our greatest threat to our gun rights currently lies in Salem, not Washington, DC.

For there to be new Federal law, Clinton would have to win such a huge landslide, that the Democrats also take over BOTH houses from the Republicans. I think that the odds of ALL of that happening next year are quite low.

On the other hand, Democrats are already in firm control in Salem. All that would be needed to stampede them into new gun laws would be for one more bad mass shooting to take place in Oregon.

Focusing on defeating Kate Brown is indeed our best chance at stopping this from happening, But who will run against Brown next year? Anyone know?

To me Clackamas Town Center nor Reynolds High were "Mass Shootings"! Yet if you go by the general description given by the FBI any shooting involving 2 or more victims is a "Mass Shooting" so at least once a week we have a "Mass Shooting" in Oregon (our news just calls it gang violence).
The one thing that is common between nearly 100% of all the "Mass Shootings" is they take place in gun free zones. So not only are the perpetrators mentally ill they are also cowards. So the real answer is to remove all the gun free zones.

I think that both the FBI and news media are now counting any shooting where two or more people die as being a "mass" shooting. The FBI and ATF response to the Lafayette incident was pretty massive.

The Clackamas shooter only killed two and wounded one. But any significant shooting that happens in a shopping mall, movie theater, or school is probably going to get massive news coverage.

Sadly, I think that just another Clackamas type shooting would be all that would be necessary to seal the deal on passing more restrictive gun legislation here in Oregon.

Pass more laws so criminals won't get guns, when by definition a criminal is a
person who does not obey laws.

A buddy of mine calls that sort of circular logic "wiping your bubblegum with a hula hoop".:)

They package things so well. Everything about it is bad but they make it all seem soo good.

-- Republicans' should hire some Democrat strategists to package and sell things as nice as they do.

There are not enough dedicated cops or soldiers who have the stones to come get them. Politicians can order it done, but they won't be the ones dealing with the man on the other side of the business end of the gun.

Everyone remember this?

Gun-lines-firearm-gun-registration_1388417797521_4955477_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Not everyone is a sheep that will line up to ask permission to be free. Not everyone will line up like those sheep in CT did to "register" their firearms. They so often forget that the people they will have to ask to come get the guns will be the first people to do the math and figure out that it just isn't worth their life.

Guns = Freedom. Libidiots HATE not having a monopoly on force, because the only two ways to deal with people are through reason or force. If I have a gun, you only have one way to convince me of something.

And libtards aren't that believable. :cool:

OLDNEWBIE is right. Our greatest threat to our gun rights currently lies in Salem, not Washington, DC.

For there to be new Federal law, Clinton would have to win such a huge landslide, that the Democrats also take over BOTH houses from the Republicans. I think that the odds of ALL of that happening next year are quite low.

On the other hand, Democrats are already in firm control in Salem. All that would be needed to stampede them into new gun laws would be for one more bad mass shooting to take place in Oregon.

Focusing on defeating Kate Brown is indeed our best chance at stopping this from happening, But who will run against Brown next year? Anyone know?

Whoever it is, they need to be a moderate on social issues and a conservative on the economy. Richardson wasn't bad, but the Republican party was soundly beaten on campaign message. Richardson just didn't get out there enough. The republicans need to pick someone and have them out talking to people and the media EVERYDAY. Realistically, if the Republicans want to win Governor they need to harp on the corruption of Khitz and how even with an investigation going, the legislature still passed the law that stemmed from it. They need to harp on Brown being a trusted aide to Khitz and how she probably knew what was going on and overlooked it. They need to slam Dems for trying to kill the kicker because they are frivolous spenders. They need to address our failing education system and how despite special committees and claims, the Dems have made zero improvements to our dead last graduation rank. I'd also circulate rumors through back channels about the Khitzhaber election and resignation all being a set up.

However, the Oregon Republican Party is a joke. They haven't updated their "platform" since 2013, they have no candidate yet for the Gov race. All they do is bubblegum that the Dems are doing this and that but, you never see them out there actively challenging the Dems in the media. IMO 99% of the ORP is completely toothless.

Defeating Gov Kate is going to be difficult. She is showing that she has some mass appeal after the whole Kitzhaber debacle. The people in the big metro areas love her. I think she will be very hard to beat. I'd like to see Dennis Richardson take a shot again. He wasn't defeated in a landslide last time, and, given what's happened to our rights in this last session, if we could actually get folks on the pro-gun side to turn out and vote in big numbers, we may just have a shot.

Our better chance is to restore at lease some balance in the legislature. We lost some key members this last election that might have helped us stop 941. Brown had little to do with that. We need more pro-gun folks in the house and senate so we can stop these bills before they make it out. That, I think, is our best opportunity to prevent a repeat of what happened this year. Governor is important, but she is, in my opinion, not as big a threat as the legislators.

Pro-gun voters need to be out in force this time around. None of this "my vote doesn't count anyway so I don't bother bullsh!t" I swear if I hear any pro-gun person utter something like that, I'm going to smack them upside their head. We lost just a few key races, like the one that put the loser Riley in office, and he won by a small margin. But that small margin is enough that we lost rights this time around. Votes matter - every single one.

I will be encouraging every single person I can to vote pro-gun in this next election. I just hope many others will do the same. If they maintain their majority next time around, you can be certain that magazine restrictions and other restrictions/laws will be a given.

Defeating Gov Kate is going to be difficult. She is showing that she has some mass appeal after the whole Kitzhaber debacle. The people in the big metro areas love her. I think she will be very hard to beat. I'd like to see Dennis Richardson take a shot again. He wasn't defeated in a landslide last time, and, given what's happened to our rights in this last session, if we could actually get folks on the pro-gun side to turn out and vote in big numbers, we may just have a shot.

Our better chance is to restore at lease some balance in the legislature. We lost some key members this last election that might have helped us stop 941. Brown had little to do with that. We need more pro-gun folks in the house and senate so we can stop these bills before they make it out. That, I think, is our best opportunity to prevent a repeat of what happened this year. Governor is important, but she is, in my opinion, not as big a threat as the legislators.

Pro-gun voters need to be out in force this time around. None of this "my vote doesn't count anyway so I don't bother bullsh!t" I swear if I hear any pro-gun person utter something like that, I'm going to smack them upside their head. We lost just a few key races, like the one that put the loser Riley in office, and he won by a small margin. But that small margin is enough that we lost rights this time around. Votes matter - every single one.

I will be encouraging every single person I can to vote pro-gun in this next election. I just hope many others will do the same. If they maintain their majority next time around, you can be certain that magazine restrictions and other restrictions/laws will be a given.

Senate District 15 was less than 300 votes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top