JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK since an all copper or bronze pistol bullet is considered to be an armor piercing bullets How will you hunt with a handgun?

Presumably the same way you will hunt with a rifle that uses "handgun" ammo.

... one law sends you to jail if caught with lead
... another law sends you to jail if caught with anything but lead

Honestly, I'm waiting for the day when all lead handgun bullets are banned. For health and environmental reasons of course. It's not a question of "if" but "when."

I can see one possible way out. Sub-22 caliber jacketed 'handgun' bullets (I propose 95% copper jacket, 5% plastic core by weight) are exempt from the 'armor-piercing' ban, presumably even if fired from a larger barrel. But might a sabot itself get classified as a "projectile" (the law's wording) by an activist judge, and hence be over the .22 size restriction --and therefore illegal-- even though a sabot is clearly not a payload? Who knows ... Nothing surprises me anymore.

A bit of info to research here might clear up many questions.

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=...ights=#as_qdr=all&lr=&q=Lead+alternative+ammo

The following is a 3 page read. Read it all before making a judgement call.

<broken link removed>

The fight is and has been on for quite a while.
It will undoubtedly go on for a long time to come.
In the mean time alternatives are being worked on and some appear to be very effevtive.
I do not know how it will all work out, but IT WILL WORK OUT.

You all have to make it work out.
One more reason to get intense in being legislatively active.
Those that do not take time to do that have no one else to blame if we lose ground.
Instead of taking the negative ground, get positive, talk positive and act positive.
That is how things get done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads