JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We don't know. Its been abundantly made clear that the people involved were attacking people at random, armed or not.
Nope.
So you criticize him for being there 'playing operator' but by this statement are you saying, hypothetically speaking, you could have been there (or in a similar situation) yourself and armed?
I cant come up with any way to approach this odd question

i wasnt there - and i dont go play operator - and im not 17

but we can compare and contrast qualifications if you want... his level of training and experience vs mine...? Im an airborne light infantry vet, a shooting instructor, 40 years old, in full legal possession of firearms, no history of making bad decisions with guns... so IF we both were there, i wouldnt have been there playing operator, i would have been there as a simple peaceful protestor or observer, with a lawfully concealed handgun for personal protection or possibly the protection of others, with no expectation of pulling it and using it

dunno.. does that answer your question?

"Nope" as in "nope, we don't know"or "nope, he was attacked for being armed"? Be more clear.

Lets review the facts.
Kyle. He was armed, sure. In every image of him at the event in question, he did not have overt tactical gear on, such as plate carrier, chest rig, holster, or anything more than the EMT bag and the AR slung. Not sure how that equates to "operator wannabe"?

He rendered aid. "Operator wannabe?" Maybe.

Shot in self defense, pretty clearcut on that at least for the 2 to 3 he shot, one having a skateboard in hands and aiming to hit him over the head, one with a handgun in hand and got too close, getting his arm wrecked. Other people approached him. Maybe to attack, maybe to help, we aren't 100% sure. Kyle saw as possible threats.

Maybe he shouldn't have a gun there. But he was there nonetheless. There are videos of similar attacks where they attacked people, armed or not.. usually targeting those with MAGA or counter messages on clothing or the like.

Had he been unarmed, he could still have been attacked simply for wearing clothing/hat that opposed the protestors' message.

dunno.. does that answer your question?
Well it comes closer anyway with a bit of a profile of you.

I am trying to empathize with with you and gain a better perspective of your position however by your statement below and some other things you said you initially seemed to be 'identifying' with the mob/protesters.

i would have been there as a simple peaceful protestor or observer, with a lawfully concealed handgun for personal protection or possibly the protection of others, with no expectation of pulling it and using it

i probably would have shot his bubblegum myself, seeing him popping rounds off pretty much at everyone and nothing.
Thiis is not what happened at all. There is plenty of video showing that he was not firing indiscriminately. His shots were aimed at his pursuers/attackers.
If he were not armed, and especially if he hadnt been playing operator, he wouldnt have been attacked to begin with.
This is classic victim blaming. "If she hadn't been wearing that skimpy little dress, he wouldn't have raped her."
Depending on which of the many different accounts you read of how it all went down, i think - IN THE MOMENT - he probably actually did fire SOME of those rounds in legitimate and legal self defense.
You don't need to read someone else's account. There is plenty of video showing exactly what happened.

This new "evidence" of his state of mind 2 weeks prior is as irrelevant as the criminal records of those he shot. If you go down that road, then you might as well ask, "What was the state of mind of the pedo chasing him?" He did prison time for molesting a minor.

Had he been unarmed, he could still have been attacked simply for wearing clothing/hat that opposed the protestors' message.
Lol.. so he still would have been there intentionally drawing hostility.. yea, maybe he would have gotten punched, but probably not. Would have surely depended on his behavior.

He was there for one reason: to shoot people.

The issue is.. if he were not armed; he might well have died or be in ICU due to cracked skull from a skateboard with steel wheel trucks, and gunshots from the guy who had a handgun in his hand.

Edit. We do have public quote from the guy whose arm became burger, that he would have shot Kyle, no visible regret on that.
I'd argue that the issue is…he should have stayed home

i would have been there as a simple peaceful protestor or observer, with a lawfully concealed handgun for personal protection or possibly the protection of others, with no expectation of pulling it and using it
Thats exactly how i did participate, in portland, off and on for about three months, peacefully protesting police brutality. Didnt shoot anyone - Wasnt there for a fight. Amazing how that works..

I'd argue that the issue is…he should have stayed home
So should the 3 people who attacked him. :rolleyes:

Yes. He made a choice to go there. Yes he chose to be armed. The attackers also chose to be there. They chose to target him. They ovbiously got the severe consequences of their choices, two which ended in death, and one ended in crippling permanently the arm. Kyle has to live with the consequences of his choices as well, and the State prosecutors are trying to make the consequences more serious while treating the permanently crippled guy with kid gloves.

A 17 YO with a DL and an idealistic attitude is hardly a 'child' and is pretty much going to do what he wants. His mother admitted she did not know where he was or what he was doing.

Remember when you were 17?
Yeah I was a lot more interested in chasing tail than acting like a one man police force. He really had no reason to be there.

Kyle had EVERY right to be there, same as any of you, age or status has zero bearing on any of this discussion, he has the same rights, HARD STOP!
Kyle was not there to kill anyone, but he was prepared to defend himself, this has been proven, HARD STOP!
Up until he was forced to shoot, Kyle was level headed and maintained his status to be there to witness events and render aid to any who needed it!
Kyle was made a victim of grave harm when the first dude went after him with the obvious intent to maim or kill him, Kyle attempted to break contact and ran off, HARD STOP!
At that moment, when his live was in grave danger from multiple attackers, Kyle fired his weapon only as a last resort, and once the immediate threat stopped, Kyle then attempted to render aid, it was then he was attacked again, and again, Kyle attempted to break contact, HARD STOP!
To say he shouldn't have been there, or that he shouldn't have been armed, is absolute bulsh!t, See first sentence, HARD STOP!

These are the facts, nothing more, nothing less!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads