Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kudos to WashCo for quick CHL renewal turnaround

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cougfan2, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Went to renew my Washington Co. CHL on Tuesday afternoon this week and received my new card in the mail yesterday. Not sure how this compares with other Counties, but I was pleased. :thumbup:

2. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Don't know how or why, but a typical government office they are not. To date they have never disappointed me.:thumbup:

3. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Excellent.
    Mike

4. Cougfan2

My wife works for Washington, Co. and from what she says it is all driven by whoever is managing the division you are dealing with. If the management are responsive to their customers needs and driven to provide excellent services, that usually filters down to the employees. The reverse is true as well. I guess it's the same way with any business or service provider.

5. Puddin99

Puddin99 Scappoose, OR Member

I heard that Washington county was now 'requiring' documentation for US citizenship (birthcertificate/passport). They seem to be the only ones doing it. I didn't recall any laws changing to make this a requirement.

6. Cougfan2

They are only requiring it starting this year for new or renewal CHL's and you only have to provide it once, after that you are good. From what I hear they are wanting to make sure no one that isn't supposed to be able to get a CHL (i.e. illegal non citizens) gets one. If you're using a passport, it doesn't have to be current either, an expired one will do.

7. Puddin99

Puddin99 Scappoose, OR Member

That would be fine if it was a requirement under ORS 166.291. It seems like if it was a true requirement that it would be changed for all counties to do it, not one sheriff doing it just because they 'feel' it would be a good idea.

8. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

Marion county handed me my renewed CHL at my renewal appointment.

9. Cougfan2

I'm getting really tired of the pissing match that hijacked this thread. You're all welcome to your opinions, but either start your own thread, or take it to PM's if you want to pursue this, or I'll close this one.

On that note, any other input bad or good on CHL renewal issues, without trading personal insults?

10. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Yes I too have had excellent service at the WA county sheriff CHL office. both at inital app, and 6mo later when I had to correct my address... it was about 2weeks each. Awesome. amazing what they can do when they want to.