JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't know how or why, but a typical government office they are not. To date they have never disappointed me.:s0155:

My wife works for Washington, Co. and from what she says it is all driven by whoever is managing the division you are dealing with. If the management are responsive to their customers needs and driven to provide excellent services, that usually filters down to the employees. The reverse is true as well. I guess it's the same way with any business or service provider.

I heard that Washington county was now 'requiring' documentation for US citizenship (birthcertificate/passport). They seem to be the only ones doing it. I didn't recall any laws changing to make this a requirement.

I heard that Washington county was now 'requiring' documentation for US citizenship (birthcertificate/passport). They seem to be the only ones doing it. I didn't recall any laws changing to make this a requirement.

They are only requiring it starting this year for new or renewal CHL's and you only have to provide it once, after that you are good. From what I hear they are wanting to make sure no one that isn't supposed to be able to get a CHL (i.e. illegal non citizens) gets one. If you're using a passport, it doesn't have to be current either, an expired one will do.

That would be fine if it was a requirement under ORS 166.291. It seems like if it was a true requirement that it would be changed for all counties to do it, not one sheriff doing it just because they 'feel' it would be a good idea.

I'm getting really tired of the pissing match that hijacked this thread. You're all welcome to your opinions, but either start your own thread, or take it to PM's if you want to pursue this, or I'll close this one.

On that note, any other input bad or good on CHL renewal issues, without trading personal insults?

Yes I too have had excellent service at the WA county sheriff CHL office. both at inital app, and 6mo later when I had to correct my address... it was about 2weeks each. Awesome. amazing what they can do when they want to.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews