JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just received this subject line to an email from Washington County sheriffs office for CHL renewal. it used to say concealed handgun renewal. Wonder if it's the sheriffs perspective of things to come 😳😣

Just received this subject line to an email from Washington County sheriffs office for CHL renewal. it used to say concealed handgun renewal. Wonder if it's the sheriffs perspective of things to come 😳😣
1) At least they are now notifying you that you need to renew. They did not do that in the past and my CPL expired. I could not carry for months. I felt naked. This is when I used to be in Washington county.

2) A couple days ago I applied to renew my CPL in Clackamas. I did it online. I received an email within two hours saying congratulation you are approved, and my new license will be mailed within a week or two. WOW!

I recently renewed mine online and it was in my mailbox five days later, seems way more efficient than it used to be. I think they're still on our side for the time being if they weren't they wouldn't send out a renewal notice because that would probably get you a 15% drop and CHL holders right there

Washington county has slowly turned blue.
I dont know the new Sheriffs political positions, but the counties turned blue.

I noticed that my CHL had expired in August (oops!) and got online to schedule an appointment with the Sheriff's Office to renew, no worries. The next evening I was getting out of my car, in the dark, when my 6 m.o. GSD/ Malinois greeted me with a nose punch to my eye. In the house, I found myself with a hematoma the size of a grape and a the beginnings of an epic shiner. The next morning I emailed the S.O. to postpone my appointment. I told them that I didn't want a picture of me with that big black eye on my license because I didn't want to have to punch myself in the eye if I had to present my CHL to match the picture.....

It may be just confusion with the M114 crap that was going on. In creating the 2024 version of the CHL form it may have gotten screwed up.

That's giving them the benefit of the doubt.

You could always mention it to the sheriff's office.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top