JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My doctor some time back, lift your shirt. OK Gun! Doc. how do you get it out? I mimicked the movement. Then after the exam we talked and my parting words were, you need one, get training. The police will always be just a bit to late when it comes down to life or death [your family] situations.

Yet another reason to keep me and my wallet the he!! out of Portland.
My teen daughter and me just had a nice lunch on the waterfront. Took a stroll along the river and hoofed it over to Powells on Burnside. Spent about 5 hours wandering. Some parts are still worth seeing and there are still some really good eats, but most of downtown should be nuked. I had zero problems while carrying. Nobody noticed and I even missed a few "target rich environment" signs on my way into certain businesses. Carrying was a non-issue. It was the lessons on smoking fentanyl my daughter learned, the guys screaming at their invisible friends or doing the fetty zombie lean that have altered our plans to visit certain areas any time soon

Last Edited:
1) What is the difference between a Private Business and a Public Business?

2) I think that what the Sheriff is warning us about is the fact that any misdemeanor conviction, including trespass, will result in the revocation of your CHL. So don't go pissing off the Ikea manager by the open or poorly conceal carry of your firearm.

Ones traded on the stock market, the other isn't?

2) I think that what the Sheriff is warning us about is the fact that any misdemeanor conviction, including trespass, will result in the revocation of your CHL. So don't go pissing off the Ikea manager by the open or poorly conceal carry of your firearm.
Likely to be the case here.

One is open to the public: like a store or mall; the other is not: like an office or manufacturer. Both however are still owned by a person or business who can place restrictions for entry.
Yeah, chances are that they want people to be smart about it and use good judgment.

Oregon law does state that if a business or property is posted "no firearms" or "no weapons" and you still enter, you can be charged with "criminal trespass" as the sign is treated as your warning, making you duly informed.
Most places will just ask you to leave to avoid a scene or possibly panic.
Another question to consider, how would this affect coverage of a claim made on your CCW insurance??? If you are presumptively informed does it negate coverage based on willfully breaking a law?

Another question to consider, how would this affect coverage of a claim made on your CCW insurance??? If you are presumptively informed does it negate coverage based on willfully breaking a law?
It is possible that that would be the case, I don't see it being treated any different than if it was a car. Example: you do a hit & run, insurance won't cover your repairs.
Best answer would be to ask your provider.

Interesting thread. I was and remain unaware of a misdemeanor trespass conviction as cause to revoke an OR concealed pistol license. So I thought to check. It's described here:

ORS 166.293
Denial or revocation of license

It would appear that only cause for revocation of a CHL is the same as failing to meet requirements for issuance in the first place. i.e.

"Section 3 (a)
Any act or condition that would prevent the issuance of a concealed handgun license is cause for revoking a concealed handgun license."

As I read it, other provisions are regarding process and procedures for revocation.

I expect that none of us want to be first to test this - but I remain uncertain that minor trespass is sufficient grounds for revoking a CHL, unless it can be shown that you are a danger to yourself or others in which case it would not be issued or could be revoked.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top