JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like a variety - except I don't care for venison.

I like it well done, with a nice crust on the outside and a bit more tender inside. I don't care for pink or meat that is still red inside. Marinated meat is good. Pulled meat is good. Stewed meat is good. Smoked meat is good. Spicy is good.

Going out tomorrow so we'll see what's on the menu

Ok, I'll start. I actually prefer my steaks cut thinner than most. Sometimes as thin as 1/2 inch. No more than 1 inch. Salt, pepper, garlic salt. Seared over an open flame with ONE flip and NO FORK HOLES. Allow to rest for five minutes. I prefer mine medium with a dollop of garlic butter.
You're talking about a sandwich, right?

But because it's relevant, and sh!thead who can't spell his own name called me out...here it goes......:D

As a kid we grew up poor. My dad HAD to have his steak and potatoes. So my mom, being frugal as hell, would go to the grocery store and shop for steak in the expired/marked down/cheapest POS section. She would buy the worst cut that had turned gray and had an orange 75% off sticker on it.

Now, she was also a germaphobe (I am to a degree as well). So she would bring it home and "cook" it until it was burnt. I mean REALLY burnt. The fat would literally be black and crusty.

Again, we were poor. So my mom also had a rule that we kids couldn't get up until the plate was CLEAN. Completely clean. That meant trimming the burnt fat, gristle and other unedible parts wasn't allowed So we had to eat every freaking part of this burnt up piece of roadkill called "steak".

It ruined me for many years. Even to this day steak fat is hard for me to get down.

There, now you all know. Thanks bigmouth @No_Regerts

:rolleyes: :p
Sounds like your Mom and mine were sisters...But I got over it.

When I was a kid, my stepdad would tease us and say we'd have cat food and mayonnaise for dinner. It took me until adulthood to realize he was referring to to tuna sandwiches.
Had a cousin who called to tell Mom about this wonderful sale she found on canned tuna and how it made great sandwiches.
Mom checked and didn't have the heart to tell her it was cat food. Face bigsmyl.gif

Had a cousin who called to tell Mom about this wonderful sale she found on canned tuna and how it made great sandwiches.
Mom checked and didn't have the heart to tell her it was cat food.View attachment 628008

I remember when I was a teenager, I worked at Fred Meyer, and there was this odd customer that reeked of cat food. He would only come in from time to time and buy one and only one thing: a pallet of cat food. And I mean that literally; an actual pallet of the stuff. No idea what he did with it all, be we all suspected that is all he consumed. :eek:

Whatever is on sale at Chucks Produce. I also like the vacuume packed skirt steak and flank steak at Safeway.

The trick is marinating and cooking it correctly.

I use McCormick montreal steak marinade, and cook in a med-high cast iron skillet with lots of butter. I usually deglaze the skillet with white white, onions and garlic and more butter, and serve that over the steak.

I like a good multi-meat sandwich. Thick/dense whole wheat with pastrami, thin ham, turkey, bacon, avocado, spinach, mustard, etc.

BTW - "Avocado" Derives from a Word Meaning "Testicle" ... The word Avocado comes from a Nahuatl Indian (Aztec) word "ahuácatl" meaning testicle. It is thought that the reference is either due to the avocado's shape or the fact that it was considered to possess aphrodisiac qualities by the Aztecs.

How dare anyone besmirch the good name of 'Avocado', but yeah they do resemble em ole reproductive organs, mine are just bigger...ok, ok, I've seen pigeon egg size 'Avocados'...

Mkw,

Ease yourself into 'medium rare' (absolutely no well done or even medium) steak of which it looks like you've got yourself some great ones!

Consider 'steak tartar' someday when you're feeling adventurous - it's really, really good.

Mkw,

Ease yourself into 'medium rare' (absolutely no well done or even medium) steak of which it looks like you've got yourself some great ones!

Consider 'steak tartar' someday when you're feeling adventurous - it's really, really good.

I don't think I can ever go quite that rare - its a textural thing, and I like my beef hot. Kinda like No_Regerts :p

I remember when I was a teenager, I worked at Fred Meyer, and there was this odd customer that reeked of cat food. He would only come in from time to time and buy one and only one thing: a pallet of cat food. And I mean that literally; an actual pallet of the stuff. No idea what he did with it all, be we all suspected that is all he consumed. :eek:

I think I saw him in Portland...he was licking the back of his paw and talking to the bus stop bench

Well, it took me years to appreciate medium rare or even rare meat as I'm one of those who also experienced the 'if it's meat, cook it until it looks like gray leather' and has the same flavor and texture.

But then, I like ceviche made from raw conch and cooked with citrus juice only with some onions, cilantro and a few other ingredients added.

And yes, I like sushi and a whole menu of other things I scarf down that some people would rather starve then eat.

Escargot anyone?

Oh yeah, with French bread and garlic butter sauce with a bottle of crisp, dry white wine.

Now that's some good eating

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top