JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Medium Rare Ribeye with a glass of Cabarnet or Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
Red Diamond had a red in 2002 that was absolutely to die for.
If you're EVER lucky enough to run across a bottle, snatch it up.

As for steak....HECK YEAH!

Nice piece of Sirloin. or Chuck. Decent amount of marbeling.
Take it out some time in the morning, let it defrost at the normal rate of thaw.
Some people have told me about thawing it in a bowl of water, but it always seemed to make the meat tougher. I stopped that practice pretty quick.
Once thawed, you have a choice. tenderize manually (looks like a maul with spikes on it), or just skip to the marinating step. Either way is good.
Marinate with any number of rubs. I like Johnny's or sometimes, a little Garlic Powder (powder, not salt) and/or lemon pepper.
Pre-heat a pan (cast iron if possible) and lubricate with some butter or oil.
Once warmed up, pull the heat down to just above medium and slap that steak down, covering immediately.
Cook two minutes flip the steak over and pull the heat down to just below medium, cook another two minutes.
At that point, turn off the heat and flip one more time. Pull the pan over to an unused burner and let the steak sit while you finish up preparing the rest of the meal (pan covered for aluminum, uncovered for cast iron).
Once everything is set, pull the steak out of the pan and put it on the plate, but then let it sit for about another 5 minutes.
I find this two-step "sitting" procedure works better than just pulling a hot steak out of the pan and setting it on a cold surface.
Once you start to see the blood leaching out of the meat, you know you're golden (if it happens sooner than or later than 5 minutes, that's ok).
At this point, dish out the rest of the fixin's, take your place at the table and chow down.

good eatin's :s0155:

k%20with%20green%20beans%20and%20mashed%20potatoes.jpg

Dean

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show