JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I look at food in the same manner as I do sleep.... We spend a lot of time doing both! So it's much better to savor and enjoy both, and adds to the Joie de vivre. I'm Irish... we enjoy drink and dance. My mom's side has French blood.... we enjoy our food.

The wife has lost her joy of food... nothing impresses her at all. It's a bummer. :(

mmm. Baked eel is effing fantastic. I wonder if I can get a raw eel somewhere to start learning to cook...;)

There used to be an Oriental food supply store in Walla Walla... they had lots of things there such as Flying Fish roe. If you could find where a sushi joint buys theirs, maybe you could score some w/o having to get wet. :)

I actually like kwinoa. And kale. And a kwinoa kale salad made with red onions, cranberries and toasted pepitas. Ad a sweetish balsamic vinaigrette. Good eats. The thing that's unnerving about kwinoa is after it's cooked it looks like a little coiled worm in a sac Oh yeah, the price. I'm not going to pay them the stupid price for damned weed seeds!

Cauliflower cooked needs to have a cheese sauce. Or breaded and deep fried with ranch dressing. Or raw w/seasoned salt/ ranch.
I'll eat cauliflower raw, cooked with cheese melted over it. My mom would cook cauliflower and then top it with grated hard boiled egg and bread crumbs that were done up with butter in a pan.....

I'll eat cauliflower raw, cooked with cheese melted over it. My mom would cook cauliflower and then top it with grated hard boiled egg and bread crumbs that were done up with butter in a pan.....

Oh, that sounds good . I'm not sure I get cauliflower? There's really not much taste when it's cooked. And I'm not sure what great amount of nutrients are in it compared to broccoli, spinach, fresh green beans etc. I think it tastes better raw than cooked too.

THANKSGIVING TOFU RECIPE

Preparing tofu for Thanksgiving:

Step 1: Prepare a large container, lined with a leak-proof bag

Step 2: Place the tofu in the bag, seal the top

Step 3: Remove the bag from the container, move it to the garbage can, slam the lid closed.

Step 4: Grab a beer or your favorite adult beverage.

Step 5: Grill, smoke or deep fry some real damn meat!!

;)

I like a medium ribeye... all time favorite tho is a T-bone, thick, medium... salt only, no steak sauce as a rule. OK this is makin me feel a bit peckish... (as in hungry-ish, not grumpy!)
Potatoes are the life of Man... How Western Civ survived before potatoes is beyond me. We ate potatoes 2-3 times a day and would have done 3 times if it were possible!
Did I mention that Mom's family are of Irish-Scotch Irish descent? Potatoes with about any entre, and still eat them fried, mashed, baked, boiled, microwaved, and even sometimes distilled, and as often as The Old Woman will serve them!
One of my earliest recollections of childhood was the MOUNTAINS of fried and mashed potatoes Gramma served to the harvest crews during the autumn harvesting. Mass quantities of potatoes were served on that table over the years!
Grampa was of the Scotch-Irish/Irish stock whose biggest dream was to obtain, own, and work his own farm- something that was rare in Ulster... He achieved his dream but lost his first farm- then was able to buy another because of his work in the WW2 war factories. He was on his 2nd farm when I came along, and I lived with them... I remember the use of mules and horses, which changed to a tractor when I was 5-ish. He lived to build a working farm, which was largely self-sufficient as far as food went- cattle, sheep, chickens and feed-crops to feed the critters, plus large gardens to raise what they ate (mostly)...
We ALWAYS had home-raised meat, every day as I recall... chicken, beef or pork. Sometimes venison.

Last Edited:
Are you gonna share this portal of enlightenment, or Bogart it? :D

Uuuuummm...let me think ;)

Childers Meat in Eugene. They have various routes regionally. I used to drive the Bend route. They have everything meat. I would buy a whole strip loin or ribeye occasionally and cut it up myself. It was nice to cut my steaks the size I wanted, age them how long I wanted and get a roast out of it too!

Valentine's Day is a good time of year to get a good price on bacon wrapped tenderloins...

Not sure what the furthest route north is, but you could give them a call. A salesman can probably help you figure something out as far as meeting up with a delivery truck.

Uuuuummm...let me think ;)

Childers Meat in Eugene. They have various routes regionally. I used to drive the Bend route. They have everything meat. I would buy a whole strip loin or ribeye occasionally and cut it up myself. It was nice to cut my steaks the size I wanted, age them how long I wanted and get a roast out of it too!

Valentine's Day is a good time of year to get a good price on bacon wrapped tenderloins...

Not sure what the furthest route north is, but you could give them a call. A salesman can probably help you figure something out as far as meeting up with a delivery truck.

Did someone say bacon wrapped....?
Just had these on Wednesday for my son's 18th birthday. 20191106_185808.jpg

@Kruel J
I should have you over one day and remind you how good a well cooked steak should taste
and If requiring you to be in the bag too I'm sure I can find a bottle or two for you to taste

tonight for dinner i made mashed red potatoes and gravy, corn, raw green beans cooked in butter/olive oil, sauteed onion/bacon in cast iron and reverse seared filet mignon. cooked it to 100* on the traeger then finished it to 140-145* in my cast iron full of butter and olive oil
1E13A54D-87A8-4386-8444-2C4E3462A372.jpeg FED3663C-0EB0-4C4C-8000-9398308483B5.jpeg 505E7161-4473-46A7-B9C1-CF98C3C017A8.jpeg
washed it down with a corona light.

i am stuffed

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany