JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Standing rib roast.

C8995D37-2B3D-45D4-95E1-78D4AB6957AC.jpeg

6B7CBEF6-4158-40D1-9B70-11BC6FF42308.jpeg

DE57A3DA-4FBA-485C-BE6E-4FFD379B12FE.jpeg

FEB69C6A-2EA3-415A-BF56-4EC9CA2BB234.jpeg

2D41B8CC-C277-4879-8CBB-C0B29ED95A75.jpeg

Maybe a nice ribeye

3EE83DC9-5F02-49E6-AF3B-7C3D2E40B3DA.jpeg

P

Medium rare prime rib, 2" thick then seasoned and seared like a steak so it's just under medium.

Filet minon (spelling?) medium rare.

Ribeye medium rare but lightly charred on the outside.

Butter on top of everything, with broccoli and no carbs.

Bloody, as tho I watched the heart stop.

Ditto. I always liked my steaks and some other dishes quite rare. (I remember in youth my mother cooked up steak, lamb, venison, etc. pretty rare, and when the children queried if it was fine to eat, she would say "a little blood is OK. Eat, eat." :s0112:)

I've moved to mostly doing steaks in the immersion cooker. Perfect med-rare and then a quick sear after they are done.

Anova has a simple one that works well for me with a foodsaver vacuum bagger

Even throwing a frozen steak already vacuum bagged into the immersion cooker and set to 129F and come back an hour later it is perfect med rare. Just needs a 30 second sear

My most recent favorite steak recipe is Steak au Poivre. I'm disappointed that I never knew such a simple amazing recipe until recently. The sauce is worcestershire, cream and pepper corns. Freakin amazing sauce. I follow this recipe.

Last Edited:
2 inch plus ribeye (bone in)
S&P, both sides
Heat dry cast iron skillet until smoking hot
Sprinkle pan with coarse kosher salt
Sear each side 30-40 seconds
Flip once more (use tongs, don't be a turd)
Top steak generously with butter, fresh diced garlic and rosemary
Finish under broiler, 2 mins tops each side
Don't share with the wife, dog, cat or neighbor

The Kruelj & No_Regerts dinner date. Main course: Roast Ribbing, well-done. Served with generous sides of icy stares and awkward silence. Desert is expected to be served cold...lol :s0140:

I grew up like Kruel, poor, but dad was a meat and tators guy so pretty much every night I would chew meat until my jaw hurt (very well done low cost cuts). We also had to clean our plates, I would sit sometimes it seemed for hours trying to get down cold boiled tators and gray tasteless grisly meat. It didn't ruin me for meat but it did about ruin me for potatoes. Boiled and baked were dads preferences, usually w/out gravy, just a little butter and salt and pepper. I can still recall trying to swallow mouthfuls of cold potatoes and they just wouldn't go down. Only in recent years have I been able to start enjoying a baked potato, still can't do boiled but I do like mashed.

As for meat. Just got back from a week long hunting trip. Had a 4 bone prime rib one evening, 6 hr @ 225, 15 minutes @ 425 in the camp oven. Hard to get up the next day from the meat hangover. The last night had dry aged rib eye from the Meating Place, 4 minutes a side on a searing grill, rested for 5 and served with a little horseradish (I like) and garlic butter w/fried tators and fresh green beans. We like to eat well while hunting, no venison yet this year (still have elk, deer and bear in the freezer) but the beef was pretty awesome.

being the frugal bastid, any more the only beef steak I'll buy is chuck eye. It HAS to be well marbled, or forget it. I marinate mine, yeah I know, we like it that way though. Soy sauce, worcestershire, red wine, olive oil, lemon juice, dry mustard and grated garlic. Medium rare on the gas grill. Sometimes I'll opt for more natural, seasoning with only Montreal Steak Seasoning and olive oil. A baked potato is pretty much a prerequisite.

New York strip is good, but too hard to find the well marbled. Well, unless you want to go to some specialty place and leave an arm or a leg in payment.

One more thing....It drives me nuts people calling a rib steak a "Rib Eye". I wish they'd quit! A "Rib Eye" steak does not have a bone in it. If you want to call it "Rib eye, bone in", I guess, but it sounds dumb.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top