JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A recent 'barn find' while on a side hack job...

IMG_20230709_182051349.jpg

My shooting pals from high school days, 1967. The two on the left are dead now. I'm second from right, still alive, and on the far right, my good pal who now lives in NM.

Scan10191.JPG

Is that a P38 you are holding there ?
Yes, that was my first P.38 pistol. It was a veteran bring-back in original holster with two magazines. It hadn't been used in the war very long, as it was a late production gun. It was still in pretty good condition. A so-called byf dual tone, because the slide and the frame were phosphate finished and the barrel was blued. It had those kinda red-brown colored grips with wood chips visible therein,.

I paid through the nose for that gun, $90 in 1967. I was still a minor at the time, even then ineligible to buy a handgun. But there was a guy in my hometown who was what you'd call an unlicensed dealer. Store front and all, he sold guns to any and all. However, he knew minors usually wanted things badly so he jacked the prices accordingly.

The phosphate finish was pretty thin on these. I wore some of it off the slide during the time I owned it. By serial number, this one was made in Dec. 1944.

Scan10682.JPG

I've owned many P.38's over the years, but I'm down to one now. The one I've kept is a byf 43, it was one of the Soviet capture guns that were sold as surplus in the 1990's. Being as how they wound up in Russian hands, they are guaranteed to have seen service on the eastern front. PC100028.JPG

Our two rescue dogs from the Gila Indian reservation near Phoenix, that we've had since they were little puppies… (L-R) Gracie & Roo. They're litter mates.
IMG_2018.jpeg

Roo is DEFINITELY the princess of the two…
IMG_1949.jpeg

Me, bored at work last summer during a crane lift, so…..
IMG_1271.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads