JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a bunch of KCI Glock mags in storage that I'm thinking of selling. I bought plenty of factory mags for $20 a piece last summer. As such I'm no longer in need of the KCI mags.

Question is, do I sell them now when they can be had for $10 or sell them during a magazine ban panic?

I've gotten rid of 75% of my stuff in the last year as I've become a minimalist. Hence why I'm getting rid of the remaining excess items.

They are speculation so how much risk are you comfortable with? I have to guess these are not 10 round mags? So the way things are going wait long enough and this state will do away with them like other have. When that happens there is no way to know how it will be written. So if another panic breaks out before the state moves on them? They will of course be worth a lot more then. When the state moves on them? No way to know how they will do it.

Questions?
Are they G17 size or G19 size?
And how many 10 , 20 , 50?

$10 each as a one time bulk sale seems like a decent way out IMO.

Kcis are okay, so probably won't ever command panic prices. Also, the new windowed European offerings and magpul glock mags are cheap.

Question is, do I sell them now when they can be had for $10 or sell them during a magazine ban panic?
Does whatever take up needed space, will whatever go bad if not sold, will selling whatever give funds for purchasing something needed, or needed more?

If you want to sell something, sell it.

If you don't want to sell something, don't.

I've gotten rid of 75% of my stuff in the last year as I've become a minimalist. Hence why I'm getting rid of the remaining excess items.
Ah. So you wish folks to give input based upon a lifestyle change? To decide for you what you want. Odd.

Why? Honestly curious.

Though we haven't gone anywhere near OP's 75% figure, we have found it really beneficial to be jettisoning "stuff" the last year or so. Less clutter, better functionality, funds put into a portfolio that is working for us. I wouldn't go so far as to call it cathartic, but it has been a net positive.

Does whatever take up needed space, will whatever go bad if not sold, will selling whatever give funds for purchasing something needed, or needed more?

If you want to sell something, sell it.

If you don't want to sell something, don't.

Ah. So you wish folks to give input based upon a lifestyle change? To decide for you what you want. Odd.

Why? Honestly curious.
The question was whether to sell it now or later during the next panic. Clearly stated in the title. Not sure what all the noise in your post is about 🙄

Personally I would never buy KCI or SGM mags (also sells KCI or did, rebranded as SGM?) or ProMag for that matter, so I would sell them if I had them.

Maybe they have improved, maybe they have not, how would I know?

So yeah, sell them while you can - I doubt that you would make enough profit to make it worth the time to worry about it, but that is just my opinion. YMMV

KCI's are cheap mags, good for the range. I don't think they would fetch what a factory mag would even in a panic market.

Sell them, take the money and move on. A minimalist wouldn't hold on to such things anyway as the next panic could be years away.

Sounds like you're really after investment advice more than anything. With that mindset, here's my answer.

Sell them.

Let's just make up some numbers and it becomes clear why...

Assuming you got a good deal on them and paid say, $8 each. They can be reasily found new for about $15 retail, $10-12 second hand (New).

Say you wait 5 years for another market pop, KCI mags won't be driven up to $20+ (in my opinion)... So you hold them for another several years to make an extra $100?

There's better investments out there. And if you are wanting to be a speculative gun part buyer, for investment reasons, stick to factory mags or "duty" level at least. Glock brand mags are much more likely to double in price than a KCI or ETS mag ever would.

I have pmags that are worth 2-3x their retail price, lancers too, but none of my hex mags are worth more than I paid lol.

Good luck either way, fun topic

KCI are a 3rd tier mag behind Magpul and Glock.
If you can find a buyer, get rid of them.

Buy genuine Glock mags on sale if you want to stack a few for rainy day.
Yeah that's what I said in my post. I bulked up on Glock mags last summer at $20 a pop, decided I don't need the KCI now. I will always keep a few for beaters for training (drop on the concrete, dirt, etc.) but I'm only going factory mags for SHTF bans of mags since I can always count on those and don't need to spend hundreds of rounds seeing if the springs in the KCI mags are still good after 10 yeards of being loaded, etc. I've had some weakend on me after being loaded. Worked fine when I got them. Then stored them loaded and some gens started weakening springs while loaded and jammed like crazy after that. The 33 rounder's anyways, not the regular ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top