JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a receiver for an ar 9 project, but have read that skme conversion blocks don't accept mags other than glock mags. Anyone have experience with the blocks and if so do other brand glock magazines work with them?

Depends on what you buy but Glock mags are generally cheapest which is why I think they are the most prevalent.

I've seen ones for Berettas as well.

Last Edited:
If the PCC is made for Glock then any mags like KCI and such will fit, the real hit and miss here is will they work. I have a handful of PCC's that all use Glock mags. I long ago gave up on the cheaper mags. Many people have a PCC that runs like a top with other mags. The only one I never tried them on was my Ruger. The others I had some KCI's and a couple that were imports with a different name. All locked in no problem. None every ran 100%. I ended up giving the mags away to members here. It could not really hurt to try one of the others. Your set up may run like a top with them. When we are not in a panic shortage OEM Glock mags are cheap enough that there is not a lot of savings though.

Maybe I'll just get a MCK for my p320. I figured it would be nice to have a PCC build.
They certainly not for everyone. I personally have been a fanboy of them all my life. Since the market for them just exploded a decade or so back has made it hard on me as I almost want one of everything :D
Still a LOT of gun owners who openly hate them and can't understand why anyone buys one. :s0092:

They certainly not for everyone. I personally have been a fanboy of them all my life. Since the market for them just exploded a decade or so back has made it hard on me as I almost want one of everything :D
Still a LOT of gun owners who openly hate them and can't understand why anyone buys one. :s0092:
I'm all for it, I think it's a nice addition to have. I've yet to try one but I'm not a big hater of most additions.

I'm all for it, I think it's a nice addition to have. I've yet to try one but I'm not a big hater of most additions.
The first one I ever bought was late 70's I think. At first it was just fun because it used pistol ammo so it was cheap to play with my loads. Later in life my last "house shotgun" got relegated to a safe queen. I really like these for around the home protection. Been great for Wife too as she will not fire the shotgun at all. She does like some of the PCC's though so they are great for her for home use too. FAR easier to use than a handgun. Now that most of our shooting is at an indoor range they are great for that since they are allowed there. :D

The first one I ever bought was late 70's I think. At first it was just fun because it used pistol ammo so it was cheap to play with my loads. Later in life my last "house shotgun" got relegated to a safe queen. I really like these for around the home protection. Been great for Wife too as she will not fire the shotgun at all. She does like some of the PCC's though so they are great for her for home use too. FAR easier to use than a handgun. Now that most of our shooting is at an indoor range they are great for that since they are allowed there. :D
I was watching a video from Shawn Ryan about how the perfect home protection gun would be a PCC as the risk of a round penetrating a walk is much smaller than something like a shot gun or a AR. Add a supresser and you won't be dead. Made since and made me consider the project.

My girl had a hard time with an AK so I couldn't imagine her with a 12g 😂😂😂

I was watching a video from Shawn Ryan about how the perfect home protection gun would be a PCC as the risk of a round penetrating a walk is much smaller than something like a shot gun or a AR. Add a supresser and you won't be dead. Made since and made me consider the project.

My girl had a hard time with an AK so I couldn't imagine her with a 12g 😂😂😂
The first 9mm PCC I bought long ago was originally for the Wife as a "fun gun" for the range. She is VERY recoil sensitive. About the time the net got going good I found out that with good ammo the damn little rifle was turning out the same ballistics at a .357 with a 4inch tube. I had no idea and began looking at that little rifle in a whole new light. Before long I bought more in this caliber. Even the Wife and the older Daughter who was living at home then could fire at almost mag dump speed and keep all 33 rounds in a few inches at in the house range. Figured this would be dandy if they ever had to deal with an unwanted. :cool:

If you are not aware, keep in mind that there is more than one style of 9mm upper also. Ones that feed from the "middle" of the mag well that takes straight mags like Colt and Uzi. Then ones that fee from the front of the mag well that take angled mags like Glock.

I have an Olympic Arms that is factory built to take Glock mags. The barrel has been cut down to about 6" and has an integral silencer built in. I would say it it a blast, but with the silencer it is not, however it is ton of fun.

Quarter Circle 10 is one of the premier PCC builders.
It's nice that they offer parts and build kits as well as completes.
I have one of their Colt patterns and it's been very reliable.
Looks good, too.

I'm listening to Shawn Ryan right now, but that is B.S. One of the reasons SWAT teams have overwhelmingly moved away from MP5s in favor of ARs is because, when properly loaded, a .223/5.56 will penetrate less that a 9mm, especially out of the a longer barreled PCC.

If you are not aware, keep in mind that there is more than one style of 9mm upper also. Ones that feed from the "middle" of the mag well that takes straight mags like Colt and Uzi. Then ones that fee from the front of the mag well that take angled mags like Glock.

I have an Olympic Arms that is factory built to take Glock mags. The barrel has been cut down to about 6" and has an integral silencer built in. I would say it it a blast, but with the silencer it is not, however it is ton of fun.
^^^This

You could always run the Mean Arms Endo mag conversion kit. No mag block needed as they work in conjunction with a standard lower.

They are a bit funky as the ejector is built into feed lips so you have to leave the mag in the gun to rack the round out of the chamber to clear it. Not an issue if you just run the mag dry and/or drop a partially loaded mag and then shoot the chambered round out. Kinda a pain shooting matches with them. The plus side is they look and feel like a standard AR mag (the kit installs in a Gen 2 Pmag), it that kind of thing appeals to you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top