JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO, hedge your bet by what you believe.

If you believe a high cap ban is possible, you have plastic gold. I'd keep em and thank me later. If capacity gets limited to 10 rounds, no one will care the brand, only the capacity. (Those that know won't be your market anyway). When I first started with guns, wasn't long before the '94 AWB came in. Mags, especially Glock mags, went easily 5x the price. A used GI aluminum 30rd AR mag was $30 and up.
KCI don't have a bad rep, they are just not Glock. I believe Promag is still in business…

If you feel the run and risk is over, then you have some range mags, and valued accordingly. It may not even be worth the trouble selling them. I dry fire a lot and wouldn't mind having mags that I could drop and practice reloads with my coolfire trainer. There is always a use, but limited. If CA has another freedom week, you have an awesome market!

YMMV if we talking about 10 or 100. The money is already spent and mags don't expire. Your downside is very minimal.

Good luck either way.

You can use them for road building.
It's a thing.
3.jpg

This latest panic didn't really affect mags. And there is no super-Dem control in the near future, nationally.

It may be awhile, but I would definitely hold onto them until there is a major mag panic or if you decide you need them.

I was present for the Clinton awb too.
It was a unique situation, not likely to be repeated . The major difference between now and the 90s is that mags are everywhere . 30+ years of manufacture , importation and sales of mags for glocks, ARs , AKs , berettas etc.
Not sure what could possibly triple the price of a KCI mag. Far too many better options exist in massive amounts.

Last Edited:
You asked, so here it goes...

You ought to give them away to people for training malfunction drills, as a way to 'Pay-it-Forward'; rather then trying to make a buck on Cheap-O range mags that sold by the thousands @CDNN for $4-$5 a pop.

You think you're the only 'smart guy' that backed his truck up, foolishly believing that he hit a speculative gold-mine back then? Chalk it up as a lesson in: "Buy once, cry once"; considering that you went out and eventually bought OEM mags.

Sounds like you're really after investment advice more than anything. With that mindset, here's my answer.

Sell them.

Let's just make up some numbers and it becomes clear why...

Assuming you got a good deal on them and paid say, $8 each. They can be reasily found new for about $15 retail, $10-12 second hand (New).

Say you wait 5 years for another market pop, KCI mags won't be driven up to $20+ (in my opinion)... So you hold them for another several years to make an extra $100?

There's better investments out there. And if you are wanting to be a speculative gun part buyer, for investment reasons, stick to factory mags or "duty" level at least. Glock brand mags are much more likely to double in price than a KCI or ETS mag ever would.

I have pmags that are worth 2-3x their retail price, lancers too, but none of my hex mags are worth more than I paid lol.

Good luck either way, fun topic
Yeah I'm not sure what the guy who said they're $4 a pop on CDNN. I don't have 10, I'm not talking about $100 worth of mags and they were more like $14

I didn't buy them as an investment.

Yeah I'm not sure what the guy who said they're $4 a pop on CDNN. I don't have 10, I'm not talking about $100 worth of mags and they were more like $14

I didn't buy them as an investment.
Then yeah, if you don't need them, let them go. It's liberating to clear out the parts bin from time to time. I recently sold a LOT of mags when I realized I had acquired a few too many. That money was better spent finishing some other half done projects :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top