JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is it an option to not give a prisoner a bail hearing? I thought that was the standard legal procedure according to the law.... But they don't have to give him bail, it takes all of two seconds to say "Bail denied".

I mean yes and no. I understand procedure but good grief, sometimes these things get drawn out for so long....

I take that back if it was my family member who got killed I would appreciate it if he got out on bail. My "justice" would be swift.

... keep felons where they belong, behind bars!

Mostly agree. But looking forward, I'm against maintaining one inside for life. If they are bad enough to be kept out of society permanently, they should just be made to go away. Murderers owe a life! Multiple murderers should be killed over and over!!!

Sad thing is he could still make bail if he or his family could muster up 200k. IIRC bail is 10%. Dam shame.:mad:

Geerkat Taint has a family??? :eek:

Mostly agree. But looking forward, I'm against maintaining one inside for life. If they are bad enough to be kept out of society permanently, they should just be made to go away. Murderers owe a life! Multiple murderers should be killed over and over!!!

Geerkat Taint has a family??? :eek:
My point was more that if he was kept locked up the first time he wouldn't be a murderer.
At this point yeah, it's an eye for an eye.

My point was more that if he was kept locked up the first time he wouldn't be a murderer.
At this point yeah, it's an eye for an eye.

Yes, I understood your point... that's why I wrote "Mostly agree" and then "Looking forward" to make a different point of my own. I wondered if separating my thoughts that way would be enough... maybe I could have started a new paragraph. <shrug>

Last Edited:
Yes, I understood your point... that's why I wrote "Mostly agree" and then "Looking forward" to make a different point of my own. I wondered if separating my thoughts that way would be enough... maybe I could have started a new paragraph. <shrug>
I probably just expected more than two words to indicate I was on to something...
Hammurabi Code!

I probably just expected more than two words to indicate I was on to something...
Hammurabi Code!

Code of Hammurabi... isn't that heavily used in Saudi Arabia? Do they still cut off the hands of a thief? I certainly wouldn't want to be caught peeing in public! :eek:

LOL. You were right. What else was there to say? Yes, keeping people in jail instead of constantly letting them out is prophylactic.

You're unhappy if I disagree with you and unhappy if I agree with you... :rolleyes: Are we married?:p;) (Actually you've been pretty tolerant. :) ... My crazy ex-wife thinks I'm an arrogant azz and my current wife thinks I'm a bully. So there's that. <shrug>)

Time for a lesson from an old dude: Grasshopper, I'm old... I learned long ago, the hard way, that unmet expectations cause much pain. However, if you control your expectations, you might be a lot less disappointed in people. Remember this when dealing with girlfriend or future wife and children. A win's a win Brother! Take what you can get!!! :)

Last Edited:
Code of Hammurabi... isn't that heavily used in Saudi Arabia? Do they still cut off the hands of a thief? I certainly wouldn't want to be caught peeing in public! :eek:

LOL. You were right. What else was there to say? Yes, keeping people in jail instead of constantly letting them out is prophylactic.

You're unhappy if I disagree with you and unhappy if I agree with you... :rolleyes: Are we married?:p;) (Actually you've been pretty tolerant. :) ... My crazy ex-wife thinks I'm an arrogant azz and my current wife thinks I'm a bully. So there's that. <shrug>)

Time for a lesson from an old dude: Grasshopper, I'm old... I learned long ago, the hard way, that unmet expectations cause much pain. However, if you control your expectations, you might be a lot less disappointed in people. Remember this when dealing with girlfriend or future wife and children. A win's a win Brother! Take what you can get!!! :)
Nah... The saudi's use sharia law, which is like show the sole of your foot and it gets cut off type stuff.

I guess you're right, there isn't much else to say about our system being broken that wouldn't turn into another talking heads conversation.

I'm just happy to have entertaining conversation, but you could be right I am spending too much time with the GF.

I'm starting to get there after 8 years with this lady, she thinks I'll get there eventually and I have to agree with her. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top