JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Site logo image Bellevue Beat Blog
Bellevue Police Investigate Attempted Carjacking, provide safety tips

bellevuepd

Sep 8

Early this morning around 2:30 a.m., Bellevue Police responded to a reported attempted carjacking on Bel-Red Road near the intersection with 156th Avenue SE. Officers contacted the victim, who told them that he had been involved in a minor traffic collision involving a white Kia. When the victim got out of his vehicle to check for damage, two males exited the Kia, pointed pistols at the victim, and demanded his car keys. The victim did not give up his keys, and the suspects fled in the Kia. This case is similar to recent incidents in other jurisdictions in the region involving suspects causing a minor traffic collision and then attempting an armed robbery of the victim. The Bellevue Police Department offers the following tips to drivers:

Stay Alert and Aware - Always be conscious of your surroundings, especially in unfamiliar areas. Avoid distractions like texting or being engrossed in your phone while driving.

Plan Your Route - Use well-lit, populated roads, especially at night. Avoid shortcuts through alleys, deserted areas, or poorly lit streets. Avoid driving late at night if possible.

Lock Your Doors and Windows - Keep your doors locked while driving, and windows up when in unfamiliar areas. Do not exit your vehicle if you feel that it is unsafe to do so.

Trust Your Instincts - If something doesn't feel right, trust your gut feeling and take precautions. Call 9-1-1 if you need police assistance. Leave enough space between your vehicle and the one in front of you to allow for quick maneuvers if needed.

Avoid Confrontations - If another driver becomes aggressive or confrontational or displays a firearm, do not engage or challenge. Call police as soon as possible. Your car is not worth your life.

You are in your car so if see a gun or pulled out you could hit the gas and escape as well if your car is not boxed in.

I see the vehicles also stolen when driver gets out to move a garbage can or other obstacle and leave the vehicle running only to have vehicle carjacked by another person. Shut off your car and take your keys out of the ignition.

Basically these tactics that are given to us nowadays spell out:
1) Quit acting normal.
2) Stop trusting your fellow citizen.
3) Be very paranoid.
4) Always be submissive.
5) Even though fuel is more expensive than ever, take the long way.
6) Doesn't matter if it's 100+ degrees out, keep your windows up.
7) If someone does actually steal you car, it's probably your fault.

I didn't see the autopsy pics, but I wonder if he has the BMW emblem in his forehead?
Found a pic of the robber! Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 5.11.25 PM.png

Last Edited:
Here's a good carjack fail...
This is one reason why I want to have a custom bumper made for my truck (one tone Dodge 4x4 with Cummins diesel). Been thinking about two vertical I-beams about 3' in height and 3' apart, centered on the bumper, from about the bottom of the bumper to about the top of the hood - braced such that a collision like in the vid would not cause any damage to the front of my truck. I would have a few inches of rubber on the front of the I-beams so I could push another vehicle gently if I wanted to.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

This is one reason why I want to have a custom bumper made for my truck (one tone Dodge 4x4 with Cummins diesel). Been thinking about two vertical I-beams about 3' in height and 3' apart, centered on the bumper, from about the bottom of the bumper to about the top of the hood - braced such that a collision like in the vid would not cause any damage to the front of my truck. I would have a few inches of rubber on the front of the I-beams so I could push another vehicle gently if I wanted to.

View attachment 1486617
Something spring-loaded would be nice so you don't transfer damage to the frame.
Seems like the patrol cars have some sort of leaf spring arangement on their push bars.

View attachment 1486617
Truck-ATV - 2 (2).jpg
I already have it covered.

Site logo image Bellevue Beat Blog
Bellevue Police Investigate Attempted Carjacking, provide safety tips

bellevuepd

Sep 8

Early this morning around 2:30 a.m., Bellevue Police responded to a reported attempted carjacking on Bel-Red Road near the intersection with 156th Avenue SE. Officers contacted the victim, who told them that he had been involved in a minor traffic collision involving a white Kia. When the victim got out of his vehicle to check for damage, two males exited the Kia, pointed pistols at the victim, and demanded his car keys. The victim did not give up his keys, and the suspects fled in the Kia. This case is similar to recent incidents in other jurisdictions in the region involving suspects causing a minor traffic collision and then attempting an armed robbery of the victim. The Bellevue Police Department offers the following tips to drivers:

Stay Alert and Aware - Always be conscious of your surroundings, especially in unfamiliar areas. Avoid distractions like texting or being engrossed in your phone while driving.

Plan Your Route - Use well-lit, populated roads, especially at night. Avoid shortcuts through alleys, deserted areas, or poorly lit streets. Avoid driving late at night if possible.

Lock Your Doors and Windows - Keep your doors locked while driving, and windows up when in unfamiliar areas. Do not exit your vehicle if you feel that it is unsafe to do so.

Trust Your Instincts - If something doesn't feel right, trust your gut feeling and take precautions. Call 9-1-1 if you need police assistance. Leave enough space between your vehicle and the one in front of you to allow for quick maneuvers if needed.

Avoid Confrontations - If another driver becomes aggressive or confrontational or displays a firearm, do not engage or challenge. Call police as soon as possible. Your car is not worth your life.
Wow good info. We have had carjackings here where kids flag down the driver and say there is something wrong with your car but the minor collision thing is a new one to me. Thx for posting.

Agree with not exiting vehicle. Have a dash cam and stay in the car until you feel it's safe. And most importantly be armed. Had a guy do a crazy manuever into oncoming lane and cut me off. I wasn't worried it would turn into anything but then he opened his door. As soon as he opened his door I had my gun in my lap just in case. There's no telling what people will do. It pays to be prepared. Watch body language for warning signs. Use the Jeff Cooper 4 color code system. Imo it's vital to have pepper spray for those encounters where deadly force is not warranted and could get you in big trouble (I mean carry pepper spray in addition to a firearm).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top