JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow good info. We have had carjackings here where kids flag down the driver and say there is something wrong with your car but the minor collision thing is a new one to me. Thx for posting.

Agree with not exiting vehicle. Have a dash cam and stay in the car until you feel it's safe. And most importantly be armed. Had a guy do a crazy manuever into oncoming lane and cut me off. I wasn't worried it would turn into anything but then he opened his door. As soon as he opened his door I had my gun in my lap just in case. There's no telling what people will do. It pays to be prepared. Watch body language for warning signs. Use the Jeff Cooper 4 color code system. Imo it's vital to have pepper spray for those encounters where deadly force is not warranted and could get you in big trouble (I mean carry pepper spray in addition to a firearm).
The first time I every heard of the "car jacking thing" this was how it was done. Chase car would run into the target. Then scum would get out with gun and take target car when driver of that car got out. Can't remember which sewer it was that made it famous first but it was amazing. They would also pull in behind target car to pin them in at light or such. Get out with gun and take driver of target car out at gun point. They started telling people to leave space in front of them for just this reason in some of the left wing sewer's.

The first time I every heard of the "car jacking thing" this was how it was done. Chase car would run into the target. Then scum would get out with gun and take target car when driver of that car got out. Can't remember which sewer it was that made it famous first but it was amazing. They would also pull in behind target car to pin them in at light or such. Get out with gun and take driver of target car out at gun point. They started telling people to leave space in front of them for just this reason in some of the left wing sewer's.
"Well hello, Mr. Carjacker."

v-Ea52z8aOZWqckmJncx_8x574HZoU6JMKULDTc9QIw.jpg

If you don't have a simple cam in your vehicle then I recommend you consider one. If you get into a self-defense scenario the camera could provide evidence for your attorney.

I have this camera in my vehicle. It includes the memory card. There are many other options on Amazon.

If you don't have a simple cam in your vehicle then I recommend you consider one. If you get into a self-defense scenario the camera could provide evidence for your attorney.

I have this camera in my vehicle. It includes the memory card. There are many other options on Amazon.

Agree dash cams front and rear are a must for us. So cheap no reason not to imo. Recently a crash was 100% other parties fault and they claimed it was our fault and submitted claim to our insurance. They lied through their teeth. Both insurance companies were "he said, she said" but the moment they watched the video there was no doubt and both said it was their fault.

Recently added a cheap and tiny body cam also. Was assaulted recently (I won't get into details on public forum) and I called police. Again to the police it was "he said, she said". The perp lied through his teeth. I did not have body cam at that time but now never leave home without it. But I live in a dangerous place so the bodycam may not be appropriate for all. My suggestion is don't get into a he said she said situation because the other party WILL lie (criminals are not honest people duh) so be prepared for that by having it on video.

@ilikegunspdx do you have a link (e.g. Amazon) for the cheap body cam? I'm not planning to run out and buy it but I will put it on a wish list. Thanks.

This is the latest one I currently use at work.
They (Amazon) sell some that are less than $50. If you want something you are not going to use, just keep with you for emergency? One of them would be fine. Just test it to make sure it works. Keep one of my old ones with me in the car when not working for just this reason. Can just clip it on before I get out.
I have been using one of these for couple decades now. Started when I had a close call run in with some asshat while walking the dog in my avatar. Scared Wife enough to order me my first one. These have come in over the top handy for this alone. Multiple times having some moron with a loose aggressive dog. When moron gets all angry at me just saying "this whole thing is on video" as I point to camera you can see the sudden change on their face. Same at work when having a "run in". As soon as I say this is all on video they change because they now know there is no "he said she said". Dashcam's and body cams are a GREAT invention that now is so cheap everyone should have them.

Agree dash cams front and rear are a must for us. So cheap no reason not to imo. Recently a crash was 100% other parties fault and they claimed it was our fault and submitted claim to our insurance. They lied through their teeth. Both insurance companies were "he said, she said" but the moment they watched the video there was no doubt and both said it was their fault.

Recently added a cheap and tiny body cam also. Was assaulted recently (I won't get into details on public forum) and I called police. Again to the police it was "he said, she said". The perp lied through his teeth. I did not have body cam at that time but now never leave home without it. But I live in a dangerous place so the bodycam may not be appropriate for all. My suggestion is don't get into a he said she said situation because the other party WILL lie (criminals are not honest people duh) so be prepared for that by having it on video.
The Dashcam is CHEAP insurance for just that reason. A LOT of accidents are hard for them to sort out when one party just flat out lies. So then often the victim gets to pay higher rates. When its all on video it FAR harder for them to just lie. Few years back I got a LOT of joy out of using one to hang a moron driver who could have killed a few people. Rolled his car after chasing another car down a winding hill passing across double yellow. Wife forgot to mention to Police on scene she had it all on tape. I called them and they said hell yes we would love to see it. I am sure they let the moron sign an under oath statement then showed him the video and said now you can plead guilty or let the judge watch this. :D

@ilikegunspdx do you have a link (e.g. Amazon) for the cheap body cam? I'm not planning to run out and buy it but I will put it on a wish list. Thanks.
I just got a barebones $30 one. My priorities are: (1) stealth/tiny/easy to hide, (2) can be mounted to standard camera mount such as GoPro mount.

When on bike I mount it to handlebars otherwise I clip on my front pocket. Drawback is it's normal view such as with phone, not ultra wide angle. That means camera has to be pointing at what you are filming. Benefit of that though is you can see further away on the camera.

It has no viewing screen (I bought another one that I returned cuz screen was on all the time ruining any stealth). Plug into computer to view files or charge. My only purpose is to record the moments before an attack to be able to prove what happened. It doesn't come with a micro sd card but those are like $5 on sale.

89F67A0E-9724-40D7-808C-67EF025FC687.jpeg
6FF7EA76-70C0-411D-B24C-11A9C3AB2085.jpeg

Last Edited:
The Dashcam is CHEAP insurance for just that reason. A LOT of accidents are hard for them to sort out when one party just flat out lies. So then often the victim gets to pay higher rates. When its all on video it FAR harder for them to just lie. Few years back I got a LOT of joy out of using one to hang a moron driver who could have killed a few people. Rolled his car after chasing another car down a winding hill passing across double yellow. Wife forgot to mention to Police on scene she had it all on tape. I called them and they said hell yes we would love to see it. I am sure they let the moron sign an under oath statement then showed him the video and said now you can plead guilty or let the judge watch this. :D
Very true. For me I don't like the stress of repeatedly fighting for months and months whose fault it was. Had that happen once and very stressful. This time it was watch one video then done, no more stress and fighting from that part of it. #1 thing to remember imo is that people will lie or say anything to avoid taking responsibility or admitting it was their fault. In the case of the last accident the responsible party only had liability insurance so they lied to try to make our insurance cover their repairs. It's an annoyance for a car accident but it can be a big and expensive (legal costs) deal in a defense situation.

Last Edited:
I bought a more expensive one that also has a rearview camera as well. Also has the ability to record with the car parked as well. I was on vacation and have not installed it yet.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top