JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does someone make a bag or similar that attaches to the rifle (or pistol) over the ejection port to keep the brass corralled? If I leave it on the floor at the range until I leave other shooters clean it up and I'm out the brass or have a confrontation.

A lot of people I've seen on here make their own out of pvc and netting.

But I usually just pick it up after shooting a couple mags. I don't save brass though so if someone picked it up for me I wouldn't be mad.
I've used a tarp or something spread out on the ground. Or if your shooting an AR they make a few different kinds of shell catchers. Well worth it.

I have both of the ones pictured below...the 2nd one that mounts to the picatinny rial works much better. There is a slight difference in price but it's well worth it. Both are made by Caldwell.

269873.jpg

530143-demo-sliding-picrail.jpg

I use the type that rests on the bench next to the ejection port. It is larger and one simply moves it forward or back depending on where the port is. Handguns or offhand? Provision for screwing the frame to a standard tripod is included! Took a couple trials to get the hang of it but I like it a lot now! Mainly because I HATE sweeping brass!:mad:
It's also a Cauldwell product!

If my brother stands in just the right spot, empties bounce off his face and land just to the right of me, in a bucket.

I always take him shooting, 10mm brass is expensive.

I have the Caldwell one with the zipper pouch that's removable.

Want it? No longer own AR's to use it on. Saved my butt and brass a few times when checking reloads.

Does someone make a bag or similar that attaches to the rifle (or pistol) over the ejection port to keep the brass corralled? If I leave it on the floor at the range until I leave other shooters clean it up and I'm out the brass or have a confrontation.

I'm having a hard time getting past other people thinking your brass is their's!? At the range I go to, indoors, there may be a bit of brass mixing but never seen anyone that would sweep it all knowing it wasn't all their's without even asking.

Last Edited:
Caldwell Pic Rail Bag

Each firearm has its own rail piece and the bag goes from rifle to rifle

the only thing I don't like about it is the adjustment on the bag. If the just flipped the bolts they would be accessible from the mouth of the bag but as it stands you have to take apart the bag to adjust it for different rifles

holds a good amount of brass, this is 40rds in the bag

the only way to do it for shooting and moving.....

unlike the Caldwell with no frame , I can empty full mags with the rifle on its side and with no stoppage because the net wont let the brass clear the ejection port

Attachments

• image_zpszfrxv9wk.jpe
    image_zpszfrxv9wk.jpe
    82.4 KB · Views: 154
  • image_zps8df3qt5t.jpe
    image_zps8df3qt5t.jpe
    78.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image_zpsp88uzpyl.jpe
    image_zpsp88uzpyl.jpe
    43.6 KB · Views: 148

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show