JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another thing I've noticed about this process. All the paperwork for little krap gun accessories and parts that I've thrown in with the firearm documents. It was a bit eye-opening to review all the many expenditures for small stuff, like scope rings and mounts, slings, recoil buffers, magazines, en bloc clips, various repair parts, accessory grips and so on. That stuff all cost money. And it's a bleed on my purse that is no longer taking place.

Holsters, a story unto itself. I always had to have at least one holster for a type firearm. And if it was a type with different barrel lengths, I had to get a holster for each length. I wound up with a pretty big box full of those. In the past few years, I've scoured through there and let a lot of them go.

Scopes, that's another story. I finally got wise on scopes. If you get one you like, you don't let it go when you sell a rifle. Remember seeing those many hunting rifles for sale at gun shows that came with rings and mounts but no scope? Yeah, I became one of those guys. I think sometimes when a person sells a rifle complete with scope, they don't necessarily always figure in the true value of the scope. It kinda gets automatic discount. Not long ago, I let a spare Leupold scope go that I had sitting on a shelf. It brought some real money just by itself.

One scope that got away from me to my regret was a Redfield Widefield 3x9. I think those things are collectors items now. Another was a Bushnell Command Post, with the little flip-up post reticle. Gone but not forgotten.

After checking, checking, and rechecking, I'm satisfied that I've achieved 99.9% accurancy with my resolution of this project.

Records show that from 1965 up to his moment, I've owned 485 firearms. Only a small few have been owned more than once.

With only around twenty-four guns to keep tabs on, and a Firearms Certificate on which they are all detailed, I find it totally unnecessary to treat my little bunch of guns like the inventory of a gun-store.

I fully realise that for many of you, with many dozens or even hundreds of guns to engage your bureaucratic foibles, having a live-in gun auditor might be something to consider.

Being a very shallow person, it is matter of great lack of concern to me how much I've spent on gunnish stuff over the last sixty years or so. Powder, primers, bullets that I don't cast, all are necessary to shoot anyhow. So how much and when are utter 'so whats?' to me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews