JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I keep my only AK or sell it?

• Sell it here at a good price!

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • WTF are you thinking ?

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Why have an AK when AR is where it’s at?

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Keep it and find a different way to get money!

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters
Well, there are DMRs based on the AK. The Zastava M76, PSL, Tabuk sniper rifle, etc.

But the guy behind it matters most.

Yeah I have "personal experience" with the Zastava M76 and the SVD series of rifles...
Again I am here telling the tale...and they are not...so there is that...
But yes they ( the rifles ) were accurate enough....And yes its the shooter , not the rifle that gets the job done...
Andy

Accuracy and what is perceived as an accurate rifle , can depend on the rifles intended use and the person shooting it....
Andy

Operator is the biggest factor in accuracy. From their familiarity with it, to their time behind it, and various other aspects! Don't care to explain it more. Sorry many bad memories are coming forward so I will not discuss it more.

:oops::cool:

Man, the thread was derailed already. I got off work and I've been drinking some whiskey to help the pain in my shin and knee, be glad it didn't become about clowns. :rolleyes:

You'll regret it....

^^ This

Most of the firearms I have sold I have regretted that I sold them.

I used to have a rule that I got to at a certain point in buying guns; I felt I had enough, so I would only buy something new if I sold something that I already had where the new firearm replaced the currently owned one.

Now, I am at the point where I won't sell hardly anything ever again. If I want to have something better or different, I go ahead and get it. If I felt that I would need to sell a gun in order to raise money for something else, then I probably made a mistake in buying the gun in the first place.

That said, things change, stuff happens, but I would rather put off buying guns now, if I think that later I won't have enough money for other things that are likely to happen, than buy now and face that choice later.

If a person finds themselves buying items that are 'elective' (not shelter, food or other absolute necessities), like guns or motorcycles or other hobbies, then later having to sell them because the kids need to see the dentist, or the roof needs repair, or the car needs new tires - then that person most probably is not managing their money very well.

Disclaimer: I got in a bit of a bind this year because I spent more than I should have on guns/SHTF gear/etc. the last two years in addition to helping a family member weather some rough financial times, and found myself with dwindling savings. So at the first of the year I stopped buying stuff that wasn't absolutely necessary. Then I had about $50K of medical bills due to heart problems and still had to help that family member. Insurance paid for most (about 80%) of the med bills, but between that and helping family, I burned thru what was left of my savings.

So I was left scrambling to pay remaining med bills and other commitments. I stopped my 401K and Roth IRA contributions and slowly paid down the med bills with my credit card (paying it off each month, delaying by the 30 days grace period).

Only now, after selling half my timber, am I back with a comfortable cushion that would keep me in the black for a couple of years if I lost my job. I don't like being that close to the edge because stuff happens - it always happens - that is life. Medical bills, car repairs, somebody loses a job and is struggling to find another. This is what happens when you are an adult. Exponentially more so when you have a family.

So plan for it and put that money aside - don't spend it just because you have it. Once you have enough to weather almost any 'emergency', then and only then, should you spend a little bit on 'toys', if it doesn't cut into your savings. If you find yourself living paycheck to paycheck, you are not in a position to buy 'toys'. Stop.

Yeah I have "personal experience" with the Zastava M76 and the SVD series of rifles...
Again I am here telling the tale...and they are not...so there is that...
But yes they ( the rifles ) were accurate enough....And yes its the shooter , not the rifle that gets the job done...
Andy
And for that, we are eternally grateful!!!

Over the years I have parted with maybe 30 firearms, and regretted about 26 of them.
I don't sell often, as I keep what I get most times( until that tragic boat accident ).
But found later I should have held on to what they were.

Also keep in mind firearms seldom ever lose their value and all the AK variants and SKS's have never dropped in price.
To give and idea in 2007 AK's new had their prices, now those same AK's are selling used above what new ones cost then.
As the gun grabbers tighten on these items so does the value go up. Unless some reason they ever lift restrictions these rifles
will continue to hold value and rise, why American made hold some value as well the imports are where the money is.
AR's are a dime a dozen as well as is the ammo so they hold an average cost and prices vary due to competition and legislation.
Don't know, but I wouldn't sell them.

I remember in 1993 some firearms were just average firearms, then the gun bans came along and made many priceless for 10 years
and that said would continue to hold value higher as pre-ban firearms.

I'm just not a fan of selling guns...pretty much ever. I mean, if you have a gun that you just don't like and/or doesn't work for you, sure. Sell it and get something else. But if you've got a gun you like, it's reliable, etc., then no. Never sell. You almost always take it in the shorts when you sell a gun. There are some exceptions of course.

And I get needing money. But if there's any other way you can swing it, I say keep it. :)

I don't want to lose any of my firearms, even the ones I don't shoot much or care for that much. But I really don't want to lose something I do like.
Glad you were able to keep yours!

Now we wont have to read posts from "DaisyOperatorRedRyder"

I don't want to lose any of my firearms, even the ones I don't shoot much or care for that much. But I really don't want to lose something I do like.
Glad you were able to keep yours!

Now we wont have to read posts from "DaisyOperatorRedRyder"
But sadly we won't see a clown dual wielding AKs. :(

But sadly we won't see a clown dual wielding AKs. :(

I Googled "clown with AK" and didn't get anything good. So I just changed it to clown with gun and got this....

Pigs-fly-courtesy-thehill.com_.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads