JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I keep my only AK or sell it?

• Sell it here at a good price!

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • WTF are you thinking ?

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Why have an AK when AR is where it’s at?

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Keep it and find a different way to get money!

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters
Honestly, between the AK and the AR, I would choose the AR if I had to choose one over the other. If you like the 7.62x39 round, you can have an AR in 7.62x39...

Problem there is 7.62x39 AR's tend not to run quite so well as AK's (plus the mag options are fewer and usually more expensive).

IMHO that's a mistake.
This is one of the reasons why I ask for input from people here.

Now I can say that I run 9mm,357,38, 22LR, 12 ga, 556, 762x39 and 308 currently. I used to also have 40,45,&44 magnum. I had the same logic.

Now I am going to play "devils advocate" for just a moment. Say things go sideways. You don't think that there is going to be plenty of "stuff" lying around? You also said that you have lots of experience with those calibers. What about others in your family or close network? How about if you had to teach someone else in an emergency situation?

Sorry if it's kind of a bit off the topic of the thread but it's what I have thought about which was why I was contemplating going with 12ga,22,556,9 & 357.

Like I said just a thought and why I came to my compadres here.

Yeah, I'd rather have an Arsenal 106. :rolleyes:

Also, the PSL, Galil (5.56 or .308, not the Ace), valmet, etc.

.308 Galil? Got it covered... :D

6BE77D45-BEC0-472A-B4BC-DB9FE69771EF.jpeg F3658780-9CD3-4AAB-8EA4-800C14E12234.jpeg

This is one of the reasons why I ask for input from people here.

Now I can say that I run 9mm,357,38, 22LR, 12 ga, 556, 762x39 and 308 currently. I used to also have 40,45,&44 magnum. I had the same logic.

Now I am going to play "devils advocate" for just a moment. Say things go sideways. You don't think that there is going to be plenty of "stuff" lying around? You also said that you have lots of experience with those calibers. What about others in your family or close network? How about if you had to teach someone else in an emergency situation?

Sorry if it's kind of a bit off the topic of the thread but it's what I have thought about which was why I was contemplating going with 12ga,22,556,9 & 357.

Like I said just a thought and why I came to my compadres here.

No dude, people will NOT leave ammo and kit just "laying around"... it's like finding stacks of $100 bills laying around. ;)

As far as training newbs to shoot the various calibers.... well a bullet is a bullet is a bullet.

Plus my wife and kids have all fired all the kit at the range.

slr106fr_ai01.jpg
Seriously though, if you were gonna sell an AK to cut down on the rounds you have, might as well do it for an AK in 5.56. Mag excuse doesn't work either, there's a mag adapter that can be easily added or removed on a whim.

.308 Galil? Got it covered... :D

View attachment 484958 View attachment 484959

No dude, people will NOT leave ammo and kit just "laying around"... it's like finding stacks of $100 bills laying around. ;)

As far as training newbs to shoot the various calibers.... well a bullet is a bullet is a bullet.

Plus my wife and kids have all fired all the kit at the range.

Sell me that! ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads