JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I keep my only AK or sell it?

• Sell it here at a good price!

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • WTF are you thinking ?

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Why have an AK when AR is where it’s at?

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Keep it and find a different way to get money!

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters
I voted sell.

I got out of a lot of various calibers years ago. Once I was down to a handful I found it much easier to maintain everything and keep track of everything.

I had a couple of 7.62x39 and though they were enjoyable, I had a majority in 556.

I did eventually add a M85 back into the collection in 556 that takes AR mags. That fixed the AK jitters.

I am just curious what you think. I love the AK platform. I am in need of funds though and have contemplated getting rid of it. If I do get rid of it; I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the rifle, magazines and ammunition. It's a Romarm SAR1. Keep in mind that if I do get rid of it I eventually will have to get something to fill up it's role. What would you replace it with? Please don't just say something simple like an AR or another MSR. Heck pretend that you are a sales person and in order to feed your children you will have to convince me that the MSR you're suggesting is the best rifle for the role of replacing my SAR1.
Turtleoperator47 seems to be available..

Personal finance can be tricky. When I worked in banking I would politely try to encourage people to cut out uneccessary expenses in their regular budget to avoid taking uneccessary debt on. The same process can apply here regarding selling a loved firearm.

I no nothing about your finances or your individual situation leading to potentially selling a rifle, but selling the rifle provides a 1 time surplus of cash, once it's gone you're in the same boat. Regular expenditures may need to be examined to reduce the need to sell firearms in the future.

Like I said, I know nothing about your situation, but that is how I think about finances.

Being a guy who uses credit cards, I also know that a lot of cards come with an introductory 0% interest rate on the first year. So you could carry the balance for a whole year before being charged interest, that would provide a lot of time to pay it all back and would allow you to use funds instead of selling the rifle.

I bought my converted Saiga years ago for $399.00. It's one of the few guns I have that I could easily sell for a profit. Thought seriously about it for a while, but now it's off the table. Gonna keep it out of spite for all the gun grabber types in the world.

They make more of them. If you need the scratch, dump it. It's just a gun.
They DON'T make more SAR-1s.

An AK is not an AR, ARs in general are just an AR. Whereas not all AKs are just an AK. The SAR-1 has dimples instead of a welded plate on the inside. Which isn't much as RPKs use the plate, but the dimples add more to the look once debanned. Plus, there's more value in a SAR-1 than just a wasr.

I bought my converted Saiga years ago for $399.00. It's one of the few guns I have that I could easily sell for a profit. Thought seriously about it for a while, but now it's off the table. Gonna keep it out of spite for all the gun grabber types in the world.
Yep.

Bought my unconverted Saiga for $500 spent about $200 to convert it. Sold it for $1200!

Bought my Vepr 54r for $600, sold for $1100.

I'm not upset about either!

They DON'T make more SAR-1s.

An AK is not an AR, ARs in general are just an AR. Whereas not all AKs are just an AK. The SAR-1 has dimples instead of a welded plate on the inside. Which isn't much as RPKs use the plate, but the dimples add more to the look once debanned. Plus, there's more value in a SAR-1 than just a wasr.

That would depend on which end of the WASR is looking at you from.... ;)

$1000+ for an AK? Blah.

You can get them for less.........................

PSAk.PNG
RAS47.PNG

as long as your not picky.

Ray

$1000+ for an AK? Blah.

I could probably get that (if not more) for my Arsenal SGL-21, but that's certainly not what I paid when they were fairly available. It's a pretty good reminder that if something cool is fairly available and affordable, get it, because eventually it won't be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top