JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I keep my only AK or sell it?

• Sell it here at a good price!

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • WTF are you thinking ?

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Why have an AK when AR is where it’s at?

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Keep it and find a different way to get money!

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters
In thick, Romanian accent:

Why you get rid of Romanian girlfriend? Romanian girlfriend is rugged, loyal, yes? You trade her for gaudy, hard to please American girlfriend?

Questioning whether to sell an AK or not?
Isn't this like asking if you should sell a Ford Pinto?

I swear, AK snobs are worse than AR snobs. Not to mention the "straight cut/slant cut, crooked front sight, milled or stamped receiver, properly pressed rivets, blah blah blah. I mean really...rivets? Necessary to hold a firearm together? All that for minute of Flavor Flav clock accuracy? :rolleyes:

"But but but, I can never clean my rifle, bury it in sand, dunk it in poo then freeze it overnight and get mediocre accuracy at 100 yards as long as the front sight isn't crooked?"

I swear, AK snobs are worse than AR snobs. Not to mention the "straight cut/slant cut, crooked front sight, milled or stamped receiver, properly pressed rivets, blah blah blah. I mean really...rivets? Necessary to hold a firearm together? All that for minute of Flavor Flav clock accuracy? :rolleyes:

"But but but, I can never clean my rifle, bury it in sand, dunk it in poo then freeze it overnight and get mediocre accuracy at 100 yards as long as the front sight isn't crooked?"

Wanna hold a cantaloupe at 500 yards for me seems how it's supposed to be sooo inaccurate! ;)

Wanna hold a cantaloupe at 500 yards for me seems how it's supposed to be sooo inaccurate! ;)

Depends on if yours is Russian, Chinese, Romanian, Yugoslavian or American, milled or stamped, straight or slant, an AKM, RPK, MAC 90, front sight crooked or straight or if its a WASR, Arsenal, Norinco, IO, or Romarm. :rolleyes:

And if you reliably hit your target at 500 yards with yours, I would keep it for life BTW.

Minute of clock? Way to blindly believe internet hype. Okay, ARs jam with a spec of dirt. :rolleyes:

Nah, all you snobs are equally bad.

And FYI, you're not an AK snob for not liking I.O. They literally are substandard for AKs. Their trunnions are cast, and the trunnion should be billet at least (like PSA's AKs).

Most foreign AKs use forged trunnions for a reason.

And FYI, you're not an AK snob for not liking I.O. They literally are substandard for AKs. Their trunnions are cast, and the trunnion should be billet at least (like PSA's AKs).

Most foreign AKs use forged trunnions for a reason.

I bought an IO once. Never fired it and sold it before use. To a great member here, who had nothing but issues. I felt bad and made several offers to him to make things right. He's a good guy, and we both chalked it up to a lesson learned. :)

I bought an IO once. Never fired it and sold it before use. To a great member here, who had nothing but issues. I felt bad and made several offers to him to make things right. He's a good guy, and we both chalked it up to a lesson learned. :)
And I.O had to stop making AKs cause of their reputation. I'm thinking I.O earned said rep. IICR they had an AR bolt shear off at the cam pin in 2500 or so rounds too.

I may not be an AR guy anymore, but I'm pretty sure that bolt should last longer than that. o_O

Wait nvm it was 2900 or so.

IMG_3851.PNG IMG_3852.PNG

Yeah, IO has some serious issues.

And because many obviously missed it, my previous posts weren't to bash the AK but more to point out the confusion and "snobbery" when it comes to their owners. A guy like me wouldn't know how to buy a "good" AK if you paid me. And yes, the AR IS without a doubt more accurate. That can't be argued.

Since the OP stated he is able to keep his now, I say congrats and enjoy.

Yeah, IO has some serious issues.

And because many obviously missed it, my previous posts weren't to bash the AK but more to point out the confusion and "snobbery" when it comes to their owners. A guy like me wouldn't know how to buy a "good" AK if you paid me. And yes, the AR IS without a doubt more accurate. That can't be argued.

Since the OP stated he is able to keep his now, I say congrats and enjoy.
Oh yes you could know how to buy an AK...

Literally, buy a wasr-10 and done. o_O

Tbh, if I felt like really pushing the AK design and go for accuracy I'd go and build one. THAT'S where you can really push it. Its just not worth the effort IMHO, I went with an AK because I just need it to be accurate enough to hunt with. If I wanted sub-MOA, I'd be going for a bolt action in 6.5 CM, or maybe join the big league and go .338. ;)

I would say , from being on the receiving end of fire from various AK47 rifles in various parts of the world ...that they are plenty accurate enough.....'Course I am here tell the tale ...so maybe another way to look at it... Is that they weren't accurate enough....:eek::D

I am sure that like any rifle...given the right ammo ( one that rifle "likes" ) a bit rifle "tweaking" and practice , a AK47 or copy thereof...can be made as accurate as a person needs...

Accuracy and what is perceived as an accurate rifle , can depend on the rifles intended use and the person shooting it....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top