JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't been too active in the community for the past year due to personal issues and some things have changed quite a bit. I do follow up every now and then and try to track any of the major news. So my question is with regards to the brace ban should I sell my pistol parts or keep them? I have accumulated more than enough parts and spares but now they seem like paper weight if I can't even use them and no, I did not and do not plan to register anything. Also, with the recent ban in WA state I fear OR is not far behind.

JMHO and my tea leaves aren't much help, but if you are going to sell sooner is better than later, I would expect prices to drop as the ATF deadline draws nearer, but that being said . . . if the lawsuits are successful, or if Chevron gets overturned you will be able to use them again if you want.

I guess it depends on how much of a gambler you are

I guess it depends on how much of a gambler you are
"
You got to know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away,
And know when to run.
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealing's done.

Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep.
'Cause every hand's a winner,
And every hand's a loser,
And the best that you can hope for
Is to die in your sleep."​

Kenny Roger's, that you? :s0064:

You can still use them legally without the brace. But if you decide to sell them you will be in good company. Tons and tons of short barreled stuff in classifieds. Prices are not pretty. Good time to buy though.

Buy the upper parts low. Build them into pistols with just a buffer tube. I was rocking AR pistols long before the brace was even thought of. Set up the end plate for single point sling use. Pistol classification equals CCW use which is where the niche began in the first place. Easy way to show Joe and crew why the laws they dreamed up are DUMB. Don't give in to the pressure. F'EM. :s0085:

Last Edited:
1683061731136.png

Aloha, Mark

I haven't been too active in the community for the past year due to personal issues and some things have changed quite a bit. I do follow up every now and then and try to track any of the major news. So my question is with regards to the brace ban should I sell my pistol parts or keep them? I have accumulated more than enough parts and spares but now they seem like paper weight if I can't even use them and no, I did not and do not plan to register anything. Also, with the recent ban in WA state I fear OR is not far behind.
If it's something you want to keep, then keep it and use it.

If its something you want to sell, then sell it. Just know with the current market being saturated you might take a bath on some stuff.

Generally speaking don't fear this unlawful 💩. Non-compliance is the great moderator. If literally nobody complied (or at least the vast majority) this wouldn't even be a discussion.

I'm in the "keep them" camp. I prefer to believe that a clearly unconstitutional "rule" without proper authority will eventually be overturned/nullified. Those that are complying for the sake of compliance (some actually do want full SBR's... no harm in that) are basically betting on corruption prevailing, IMHO.

I see the "trend". Alphabet rules being ruled against, different agencies overreach and abuse of power being shut down in the courts, chevron deference itself coming into question at the highest levels, more people waking up and questioning gooberment weaponization against the general public....

It's likely not going to happen overnight, but I rather lay my bets "for" freedom. YMMV

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top