JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is how masks save lives, according to the science.
236610583_4909492532403637_4789943237954902692_n.jpg

-Robert

The mother said that when she told the school employees that she was taking her daughter home, the teen was asked by an office staff member to remove the device before she saw her mother and said that the mother could only photograph the device in Kralik's hand as pictured above, not on the child's ankle.
School employees know it's not good, yet, they do it anyway to push the limits of control... and insanity. Then, they don't want to get caught doing things they know are wrong (preventing pictures being taken).

I am so glad I took my daughter out of the messed up public school system recently. It's unfortunate that many other parents don't have this option.

-Robert

I am vaccinated. I am not wearing a mask outdoors. There is no data that supports outdoor exposure. Now if you are in the middle of a giant sweat-filled mosh pit, sure, I suppose it would be possible there, but that's not how everyone goes about their day.
Kate Brown is a ridiculous person. She can go bubblegum herself.

I preemptively wrote "bubblegum", it sounds just as, if not more, dirty.

I will not comply. I got the vaccine, data shows I am safe even if I catch it. I am not wearing a mask outside.

This is getting ridiculous, they are making rules now just cause. You're not going to catch this outdoors with airflow. Someone with delta would have to cough directly in your face.
Hey, as long as you're not shotgunning while smoking a refer either ... masks should be required outdoors.

I guess Antifa is already complying. Silly us to think they were just cowards hiding their identities from getting their a$$es kicked later. They're forward thinking!

Not arguing either, just addressing a couple of your points for the purposes of discussion.
Edit 2: this study itself did not directly include empirical datasets, but one of the sources did include empirical data (cited source 38) and they found that the results were consistent.
I haven't seen the original paper, but the title of reference #38 in the paper you cited is a study of droplet dispersal in relation to speech volume. It does not seem to address face mask effectiveness. Have you seen ref. #38 itself? Is there anything in the text of your source that says that ref #38 has anything to do with masking? I don't see it.
There has also been some disagreement about whether it actually indicated no benefit to the wearer. I seem to remember that their data showed that the wearer was 18% less likely to be infected, which was not concluded to be enough to mandate a public policy requiring them.
The disagreement about the results of the Danish study comes from "fact checkers" who don't understand statistics or use faulty math. The results are presented in post #18 (copied directly from their paper). There was not an 18% reduction (if there is any way you can calculate an 18% reduction from these data, please show me). There was a 0.3% reduction. The probability of a significant benefit was so low (.38) that the confidence intervals were enormous (46% reduction to a 23% increase in infection)
But again, they did not study the greater effect of reducing spread in a larger population where everyone is masked, only to the masked individual when among a population that is largely unmasked.
I think we can infer that if a mask does not stop transmission in 1 direction, it would not stop it in the opposite direction. Can you explain the mechanics of how a 1-way benefit would work?
I'm not arguing here, just discussing.
I appreciate that. Me too.

I think the bigger problem with respect to the mandate is that any sort of "face covering" will suffice. The face covering does not have to have any proven effectiveness. Even if you assume that the surgical masks used in the Danish study may have had some population benefit, the same cannot be said for cloth masks, bandanas, face shields, and other improvised measures. There simply is no science.

I may have linked the wrong study. This one is the one I was intending to link. May explain some of the confusion at least.

I may have linked the wrong study. This one is the one I was intending to link. May explain some of the confusion at least.

"Overall, direct evidence of the efficacy of mask use is supportive, but inconclusive. Since there are no RCTs, only one observational trial, and unclear evidence from other respiratory illnesses, we will need to look at a wider body of evidence."

So, modeling.

Anyway, my problem isn't with the substance of these papers. My problem is with the gov's statement that effectiveness is proven. Models aren't proof.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads