JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But to be quite honest,
I believe that what these other states are doing when they offer these, "less desirable citizens" a free ticket to our city, is very un-American. Treasonous behavior actually.

Not crossing state lines, but the local cops in the metro area have been doing this for years. The closer in agencies give the sh*theads free bus or MAX tickets to get the f out of their town. They get on the line and end up in Gresham or Forest Grove. You can always tell when there is a new crop in town, they are wandering the streets and bottle dumps, and getting in fights with the locals for trying to move on their territory and action.

Then our cops give them some free tickets and tell them to move on back the other way. They all stop short of committing any kind of crime that would get them any time, so idle threats seldom work anymore. 40 years ago if these types caused trouble, the local cops usually had ways of " encouraging" them to move on.

If I never eat another hazel nut again, I'm fine. We had numerous 5 gallon buckets of the things laying about the house at any given time, about the only redeeming way to eat a hazel nut is when it's coated in chocolate.

I too grew up next to a filbert orchard. Watch them log off the timber, blast the stumps and plant a filbert orchard. 52 years later, they tore the old orchard out, pushed it all burned it and replanted with new stock. Now when they were blasting those old growth stumps, this 9 year old boy and a couple neighbors hung as close as we could to watch them blast the stumps 100 feet or more higher.

We used to got to San Diego quite a bit when the boys were in the Corps about 12 years ago. I went to the coffee shop off the concourse there one time and ordered a decaf Irish Creme latte. The Oriental guy said " No Ish cram. Hazerut. I asked him again and he shouts at me..No Ish cram. Hazerut..you want or not ??"

I figured out he was saying hazelnut, so said fine, calm down there Papasan. We still laugh at that one today.

I can see the humor in it. What's really sad is these people that have no sense of worth just blatantly trespassing past clearly posted signage. Then copping an attitude like I am the A hole for enforcing the law.:mad: Really tired of them.

They learned it from the misleaders the west coast elects. ROL doesn't mean squat, only laws we like will be followed,,,

I enjoyed climbing the "trees" as a kid, shooting starlings out of the branches (damned starlings ate the vegetable sprouts out of the garden) and using the orchard as a big make believe world, or just walking through it as I got older. Thats the only thing I like about hazel nuts/filbertsv :D

That old filbert orchard held some pretty good memories too. I used it to get home and for the cops in my 64 Falcon or dirt bike if I had by chance misbehaved and caught the attention of the local police.

At 100 acres in size it also turned out to be a great place to sit and visit with young ladies.

So as I am going from my car to the house tonight I see some homeless who are trespassing on the private property to rummage for bottles and cans in the trash. I mentioned to them that they are trespassing and need to wait til the bins go to the curb, then I continue walking inside. One of them hurls an expletive at me that I didn't care for so I turned around to let them know what I think of them.
Out of nowhere I get a full, cup noodle sucker punch right upside the head, that's right, they slammed their precious cup of noodles all over me in a sucker punch to the head. Everything was reported to the Portland police who were friendly and as helpful as they could be.

Not the first time we've had problems with homeless people but definitely the first cup noodle assault I've endured.o_O

I'm sorry, I would have hurt him badly and made no excuse for it. Until they are either dead or in the hospital with life-threatening injuries they'll just keep on committing criminal acts of this nature.

Wear this the next time you are assaulted with noodles. It should do a great job of protecting you:

AllCladSSColanderSHF16.jpg

Seriously, events such as what you described keep me out of Portland.

They can have the bottles and cans once they go to the curb on trash day. Until then it is private property. Much like the police, I didn't make the rules, but I like to see them followed and will enforce when I can. I wish being complacent got things done but unfortunately it just gets you walked all over.
Technically are they not stealing from the state when they collect the cans?

Who pays for the can fee at the recycler?

I busted a nerdowell @0400 this morning.. he didn't know I was out on my porch and I saw him just sneaking around so I kept my eye on him, lost him and when I peeked over the fence, saw him making off with a bag that he had just picked up from the neighbor's back yard. I yelled at him (from about ten feet), "What are you doing!?", he said "Just some cans, man!", and I said "Put it down and get out of here". He did.. probably scared the crap out him, dastard. lol

So as I am going from my car to the house tonight I see some homeless who are trespassing on the private property to rummage for bottles and cans in the trash. I mentioned to them that they are trespassing and need to wait til the bins go to the curb, then I continue walking inside. One of them hurls an expletive at me that I didn't care for so I turned around to let them know what I think of them.
Out of nowhere I get a full, cup noodle sucker punch right upside the head, that's right, they slammed their precious cup of noodles all over me in a sucker punch to the head. Everything was reported to the Portland police who were friendly and as helpful as they could be.

Not the first time we've had problems with homeless people but definitely the first cup noodle assault I've endured.o_O
So some homeless guy beat you with a wet noodle?

And you posted about it on a firearms forum?

And you expect some sympathetic responses??

To combat assault noodles, arm yourself with full semi automatic dispensers of teriyaki sauce and marinara. Carry a spork, maybe a set of chopsticks, and a can of tactical bread. You'll be ready to kick hunger's arse at a moment's notice. As for homeless urchins, a spray bottle with vinegar and water mix, a rolled up news paper, and firm verbal commands is a good start. "No! Bad bum!" A spray to the face. If they repeat, wack em with the paper. If that still doesn't work, the only sure way is to dust off and nuke the whole place from orbit.

Some days, out of the blue, I will remember this Cup 'O Noodles story and wish I could forget it.

There is something to be said in favor of having the skill to sell someone into the idea of doing what you want them to do, without bublegumming them off.

This comes from a guy who has certainly had his share of running out of patience with people, so I'm not throwing the first rock. But the thread could have been titled, "Mess with the bull, and you get the horn. With a side of noodles."

We would throw our beer cans out the window and watch the same sh*t show happen.

I have thought about dropping off 6-pack or a couple of 40s of 8-Ball in front of the assemblage of bums at the Rescue Mission and watch the ensuing hilarity. FWIW I loved "Bumfights." Thought it to be absolutely the ne plus of real world comedy.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads