JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I filled out the application to join the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and it's going out in tomorrow's mail.
I can't make next week's Orientation, but will go to the 4 FEB 2017 one.
They seem like good people there, and I'm really looking forward to having a home range with lots of activities going on rather than keep bouncing around different pay as you go ranges. I know there are some DRRC members on NWFA. I look forward to meeting you all on the firing line.

If only it wasn't over an hour from my house with no traffic I would love to join that place - I've always enjoyed the rimfire speed shoots hosted there.

Congrats!

I joined a couple of months ago even though I live in Newberg because I belong to the Ladies group there. I figured if I was going there routinely, I should be a member. Plus saving $10 a month range fee by becoming a member helps offset the cost of the membership.

It's a great range.

Last Edited:
I belong to ARPC, but the several times I've been invited to shoot at DRRC I've been treated with courtesy and friendliness. Nice folks indeed! :)

Welcome to the club! I'm in my 3rd year as a member myself. Maybe I'll see you there sometime. I usually shoot in the late afternoon, after work, and usually on the dynamic range. Good club, nice folks there, enjoy.

When it comes time to do your service hours, I can recommend volunteering to help at the hunter sight-in events in Sept. and Oct. They need a lot of help on those weekends and you meet some great folks - may even learn some things in the process. They will send an email out about that event toward the end of summer.

It's been awhile since I shot there, was shooting IDPA and speed steel.

Is the pistol area still 1 large bay?
We had to setup the stages , but could only shoot 1 at a time.

I have since joined ARPC... as I said it's been years ago.

I joined DRRC a few months ago, only went shooting there twice before it got uncomfortably cold. Seemed like nice people both times. When it warms up some I'll start going again. Typically I'd be there in the morning, but random days.

My "weekends" are Fridays and Saturdays, which fits in nicely with their USPSA calendar. One of the first things I'll do is sign up for their Service Rifle class & match. They don't have a Bullseye pistol group, unfortunately, but I can just keep practicing on my own for that and do postal matches. Yeah, Ralgha, it is a little cold in January for outdoor shooting, but I'm sure there are real hardcore he-men & she-women that are tougher than we are. ;)

My "weekends" are Fridays and Saturdays, which fits in nicely with their USPSA calendar. One of the first things I'll do is sign up for their Service Rifle class & match. They don't have a Bullseye pistol group, unfortunately, but I can just keep practicing on my own for that and do postal matches. Yeah, Ralgha, it is a little cold in January for outdoor shooting, but I'm sure there are real hardcore he-men & she-women that are tougher than we are. ;)

I've done the service rifle match twice there - a lot of fun. I know the director is retiring though, I haven't heard if they've found a replacement for him, not sure if that will impact the calendar this year or not.

I've been reading their newsletter on their site. Someone else did step up to take over as director of the Service Rifle discipline. The retiring director will stay on a while in some kind of advisory capacity to get the new guy launched smoothly.
Seems like they got it all sorted.

I went last Wednesday morning, a bit chilly but we were the only people there until about 11:00 AM. I've met a lot of nice people there, sometimes I spend more time talking than shooting.

Bubblegum that man! I'm staying inside where it's warm! :D I do envy the fun you'll have though.
Stopped by late to chrono some .40 loads but ended up picking up 30 lbs of brass instead just laying there calling my name....
Sun was waning and my chrono gets unreliable in shade so now I have yo go back again...
Left a lot of that brass still frozen on ground.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top