JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate to see this happen, it means LESS competition and usually higher prices with LESS stock/selection in some cases.

I and/or WE support and buy from LOCAL smaller gun stores 95 to 99% of the time.

We have firearms special ordered and some other products ordered from our FFL dealers too.

We like to hold and see how some firearms and knives FIT our hands too.

We have used our FFL dealers in most of our downsizing/caliber consolidation gun sales over the years too.

Some were face to face sales but most of the GUN sales were through our TOP FFL men.

Cate

That's it. I'm building a time machine so I can go back to when I could shop at GI Joes and Larrys. See you sometime in the 1970's or therabouts.

Before you ask where I got the funding to build a time machine, when I get there I know what stocks to buy and who won what game or fight. I soon as I can find out where the future me left the stash for the present I'll be outta here in no time.

Even the employees agree that this merge means a slow death to the stores. However they're hopeful, as am I, that they get access to a bigger supply chain and keep their own identity. The clerk I talked to said something about the cabelas and bass pro brand stuff, which I admittedly said was crap merchandise anyway. He didn't deny it.

However they're hopeful, as am I, that they get access to a bigger supply chain and keep their own identity.

You mean like Fred G Meyer's chain of grocery stores once Kroger bought them? That's sarcasm BTW. They treat their employees like crap, and have some of the stoopidest and most annoying commercials there are.

That's it. I'm building a time machine so I can go back to when I could shop at GI Joes and Larrys. See you sometime in the 1970's or therabouts.

Before you ask where I got the funding to build a time machine, when I get there I know what stocks to buy and who won what game or fight. I soon as I can find out where the future me left the stash for the present I'll be outta here in no time.
Ok Marty!

Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor is the last bastion of local retail chain in the area!
I may have to drive a little further, but it's usually worth it.

Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor is the last bastion of local retail chain in the area!
I may have to drive a little further, but it's usually worth it.

Plus the Larry's nostalgia in the OC one. Takes me back to digging through the "bargain basement" for hidden gems.

Well... This week the lady at the Salem Sportsmans counter said they get a call the day before the truck shows up. She said they hadn't received the call on the normal day this week, so she didn't know when more ammo would be in. Plus, the 9mm I was able to get last week is now $15.99/ box of 50 and the 5.56 was $11.99/ box of 20. So at the moment, they aren't too sure when to expect incoming shipments, and as far as the ammo pricing, it already went up.
I wish that they and BiMart would stop telling people when the ammo shipments come in. The usual crowd always lines up at the doors to commence hoarding on those days. For the rest of us who can't be there get stuck. They should just shut up and put it out at random and give everyone a fair shot. It's getting ridiculous, especially so in the current environment.

Usually not a good day for the free market when mergers come along and the consumer loses out on competitive price and choice.

Not long ago I was curious though and wandered into the Coastal store nearby that reminded me of the feed and farm store I used to go to as a kid. I was unfamiliar with the store itself and later discovered they seem to be a smaller chain along the west coast states.

I live just south of Seattle, so imagine my surprise when they not only had farm and feed, but a firearms counter at the back.

Suffice to say, I was impressed, they were nice, intelligent, prices were good, and my son ended up buying his first handgun from them.

Just last week I was inspecting a Kimber Micro9 at a price I haven't seen anywhere else in brick and mortar, so I wasn't unhappy and may end up closing the deal. (Unless of course someone pipes up with valid reasons to avoid the Micro9... :) )

Anyone else aware of the Coastal stores or have experience there? I've never heard them mentioned here so though I'd toss them out as an option. Then again, maybe I just got lucky and they aren't as reasonable in other locations...YMMV

Usually not a good day for the free market when mergers come along and the consumer loses out on competitive price and choice.

Not long ago I was curious though and wandered into the Coastal store nearby that reminded me of the feed and farm store I used to go to as a kid. I was unfamiliar with the store itself and later discovered they seem to be a smaller chain along the west coast states.

I live just south of Seattle, so imagine my surprise when they not only had farm and feed, but a firearms counter at the back.

Suffice to say, I was impressed, they were nice, intelligent, prices were good, and my son ended up buying his first handgun from them.

Just last week I was inspecting a Kimber Micro9 at a price I haven't seen anywhere else in brick and mortar, so I wasn't unhappy and may end up closing the deal. (Unless of course someone pipes up with valid reasons to avoid the Micro9... :) )

Anyone else aware of the Coastal stores or have experience there? I've never heard them mentioned here so though I'd toss them out as an option. Then again, maybe I just got lucky and they aren't as reasonable in other locations...YMMV
We just had a big Coastal store open up here, in the same parking lot as Sportsmans, guess who is getting more business? Yup, the Coastal by a large amount! The sportsman's here has been operating on a very thin margin for several years, and the " we don't give a sh!t attitude" toward customer service, keeping things in stock and at decent prices has been quite telling! Be kinda interesting to see what becomes of this Sportsmans now, especially with Coastal right there with a big brand new store with good selection and prices!

If you're referring to Coastal Farm and Ranch, we have them here and they're great! I like the one in Oregon City.

GI Joe's was the best! wish it was still around.
That is one retailer I actually miss. Used to go to one in Portland with my dad all of the time 35+ years ago. We would go there for auto parts but I loved wandering around the store after we picked up whatever dad was after.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top